Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I don't think I posted a trip report for this trip. http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/vacat...-tomorrow.html it went awesome! Probably the best trip I've taken my dance team on. We actually got compliments from ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Trip Report

I don't think I posted a trip report for this trip.

I'm telling my team tomorrow!!

it went awesome! Probably the best trip I've taken my dance team on. We actually got compliments from Cast Members about being one of their best behaved groups. My kids considered it a success since they didn't have to do lunges at our hotel for acting a fool(like our last trip).

We stayed 4 nights at POFQ which I highly suggest for large groups over an All Star resort. It's well worth the extra $ per kid(about $40 extra for whole trip per kid). POFQ most mornings actually called a bus just for our group when we went out to the bus stop.

We went spring break and the crowds were actually not too bad considering.

We had a group dinner at Rainforest(which we will skip next time as the food is mediocre at best), a private patio dinner during Fantasmic and a private dessert party during Illuminations.

One of the highlights was my assistants boyfriend came and did a surprise proposal our 1st day there! I had our girls group up in font of the castle for pictures and he appeared with the ring in a glass slipper. I thought all our girls(High school age)were just going to die on the spot. He set up all their future husbands with high expectations! LoL

great trip and I can't wait to take them again in 2-3 years!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Trip Report

Sounds like an excellent trip!

Agreed on Rainforest. It actually used to be pretty good back in the 90's. They had some really good sandwiches. We ate at one in Nashville several years ago since my son was still kinda little at the time (maybe 7). He really enjoyed the place, but the food was horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Sounds like an excellent trip!

Agreed on Rainforest. It actually used to be pretty good back in the 90's. They had some really good sandwiches. We ate at one in Nashville several years ago since my son was still kinda little at the time (maybe 7). He really enjoyed the place, but the food was horrifying.
    The last time I took my kids it was passable. This time it was down right horrid. I can make better burgers at home. The dessert was laughable. Ice cream sandwiches. They brought them out wrapped on a plate. The were just plain old sandwiches.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Be glad you didn't try one of their salads...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    I don't think I posted a trip report for this trip.

I'm telling my team tomorrow!!

it went awesome! Probably the best trip I've taken my dance team on. We actually got compliments from Cast Members about being one of their best behaved groups. My kids considered it a success since they didn't have to do lunges at our hotel for acting a fool(like our last trip).

We stayed 4 nights at POFQ which I highly suggest for large groups over an All Star resort. It's well worth the extra $ per kid(about $40 extra for whole trip per kid). POFQ most mornings actually called a bus just for our group when we went out to the bus stop.

We went spring break and the crowds were actually not too bad considering.

We had a group dinner at Rainforest(which we will skip next time as the food is mediocre at best), a private patio dinner during Fantasmic and a private dessert party during Illuminations.

One of the highlights was my assistants boyfriend came and did a surprise proposal our 1st day there! I had our girls group up in font of the castle for pictures and he appeared with the ring in a glass slipper. I thought all our girls(High school age)were just going to die on the spot. He set up all their future husbands with high expectations! LoL

great trip and I can't wait to take them again in 2-3 years!
    Awe, what a great trip memory. Sounds like a great time. FQ is really small and it must make managing a group much easier. Did you bring your family?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Awe, what a great trip memory. Sounds like a great time. FQ is really small and it must make managing a group much easier. Did you bring your family?
    No :-( DH was a little hesitant about taking our 2.5 year old. He knew that he would be solo a lot because my team would take priority. HOWEVER I take my team every 2-3 years. When we came back I said there is no way in the world I can take my girls again and leave C(daughter) when she's 4.5-5.5.
    Unless he wants to fly solo next time we need to take her on our own so one of our sets of parents can take her or go along with to help(or he lets them take). We get to go next summer
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    No :-( DH was a little hesitant about taking our 2.5 year old. He knew that he would be solo a lot because my team would take priority. HOWEVER I take my team every 2-3 years. When we came back I said there is no way in the world I can take my girls again and leave C(daughter) when she's 4.5-5.5.
    Unless he wants to fly solo next time we need to take her on our own so one of our sets of parents can take her or go along with to help(or he lets them take). We get to go next summer
    Oh you will have so much fun with her! Loved being able to relive the first time ever's with my kids. They were 5 grades apart so I was able to relive twice!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh you will have so much fun with her! Loved being able to relive the first time ever's with my kids. They were 5 grades apart so I was able to relive twice!
    I.can.not.wait. She already knows all her princesses and the Mickey Crew.
    The other day she old DH that she needed to talk to him about going to see the Princess Castle. That's my girl!!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ