Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mike's Pre-Pre-Pre Trip Report for September 2014 in the Vacation Planning forums; There's always eating! But you are right. More attractions are needed for certain....
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Mike's Pre-Pre-Pre Trip Report for September 2014

There's always eating! But you are right. More attractions are needed for certain.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I hope you consider shopping something to "do", because aside from Gringots, there are no attractions in the whole land.
    Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts is the attraction. For me, I'm not enough of a Harry Potter fan to spend the day in the one area. But the draw is said to be the incredible themeing.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Design wise, Potterland is on par with anything Disney has done. You do feel as if you have been transported and are in the Potterverse. It is absolutely amazing. Almost, dare I say, magical and not magical in the sense of it being a land about wizards but the Magical feeling one gets in Disney.

I know it's sacrilege but it's true. WDW is and always will be my park of choice but I see my family and I making a day to do Wizarding World and Diagon Alley from now on.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Design wise, Potterland is on par with anything Disney has done. You do feel as if you have been transported and are in the Potterverse. It is absolutely amazing. Almost, dare I say, magical and not magical in the sense of it being a land about wizards but the Magical feeling one gets in Disney.

I know it's sacrilege but it's true. WDW is and always will be my park of choice but I see my family and I making a day to do Wizarding World and Diagon Alley from now on.
    You're right, and I'm glad to see you're not one of those vacationers who wouldn't DARE set foot into any other park because it's not Disney. I haven't been to SeaWorld in probably three decades, so I think it's time for another visit finally. Maybe next year. But now each trip, I always visit Universal. The general themeing is awful, but the rides and technology kick butt over any ride on Disney property.

Between Universal, the Premium Outlets, Walmart, great restaurants, an occasional trip to Old Town, and a fast direct ride to and from my resort, God bless my rental car.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I will say, vacationing at WDW has spoiled me as far as what I expect from a park in things like service and cleanliness but I'm not going to ignore other places just because they aren't Disney. For example, seeing Universal employees from Suess Landing walking through the Marvel area carrying a lunch box really messes with the themeing but it's not enough to cause me to condemn the park either.

I've never been to SeaWorld Orlando but we may try and do it one day. I did go to SeaWorld Ohio once. I can't believe they actually had one up here but they did! I think it was in Sandusky, Ohio.

Universal has three really good areas in Springfield, Wizarding World and the Marvel area. Everything else needs painted. Suess Landing could be the pinnacle of kiddie lands if they tried. You do see examples throughout Universal where they were influenced or blatantly ripped off Disney. Uniforms are one. Dudley Do Right's Rip Saw Falls seems to be a carbon copy of Splash Mountain and just as fun.

But they still have a long way to go to catch Disney.

I think and hope we'll see a big refurbishment/expansion for the Jurassic Park ride when the new movie is released. Maybe even a whole Dino Land.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I would even take it a step further and say that Potter has surpassed anything Disney has done in their parks (stateside at least). Universal may have a ways yet to go to catch Disney, if that's even possible, but they are making huge strides every time the build something new now. I have to imagine at the rate they are building in the near future they will have updated most of both UO and IOA to meet their new standards for immersive environments. And that will not be good for Disney.

Hopefully it just inspires Disney to pick up the ball they dropped years ago. Universal makes announcements, and then follows through with the plans within a year. New rides, new eateries, the continually deliver. New Fantasyland fell flat, and it took longer to build the mine car ride than it did to build Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Now this mystery Disney Springs area, I'm not convinced that's where Disney needs to be pouring its money. The Pleasure Island debacle sits in shambles, but rethemeing the entire area is crazy. The lack of glitz isn't stopping anyone from invading the Marketplace in droves.

Wish I could update my ticker but I can't access it with the ads on the main page (adblocker isn't helping, sadly). Anyway, just six days until my 7pm flight on Friday!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12