Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rainy Day Experience in the Vacation Planning forums; I did find show 115 and it was great. I have to say one of my best memories from the park was during my first trip in June of 2012. ...
    jacknell24 is offline A-Ticket holder

Rainy Day Experience

I did find show 115 and it was great. I have to say one of my best memories from the park was during my first trip in June of 2012. After going to the parks in the morning, we went back to our room for an afternoon nap. After we got up, it was just starting to rain, so we got our ponchos on and headed to MK as my daughter was going to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Once we got off the bus, it turned into a torrential downpour. We ran as fast as we could to get though the gate. We stopped under the WDW railroad to discuss what to do. My wife said the appointment was in a few minutes. We look outside again and the rain was coming down even harder then. We told our kids, a boy age 6 and a girl age 4, to get ready to run. We grabbed their hands and took off for the castle. As I was running down Main Street, I was looking around at the people undercover and it seemed we were the only ones running down Main Street. At the end of Main Street, the ponchos were pretty much useless because we were soaked from head to toe. We finally made it to the front of the castle and were turned away as the front of the castle was closed due to the rain. We were directed to go around to the back of the castle. So we made a dash around and final made it. Once we got there, the staff was able to get my daughter some towels to dry her off, as she was cold and wet. After she was able to warm up, she was turned into Sleeping Beauty and even talked us into a new sweatshirt in the gift shop because her clothes were all wet. The rain run was a moment with my family I will never forget.

Do you have a rainy day experience?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Rainy Day Experience

When I happen to be in DHS during a rainy day or the usual Central Florida mid afternoon soak I like to don a poncho and have a seat on edge of the Muppet Fountain. I usually find myself a Mickey Premium Ice Cream bar and munch away while it rains. It makes me chuckle to see everyone running around like crazy trying to find a place to stay dry while I just hang out in the rain. This is something I started doing on our first trip, mostly because I was one of those folks running around to stay dry and I ran out of places to go. So I made my own little tradition.

I look forward to doing this on every trip.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort