Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; The basic info for this trip Attending : Dad, Mom, Brother Bryant, Brothers girlfriend Raeann and Me! Dates: August 2nd to August 17th Resorts:Old Key West and Pop Other details ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip

The basic info for this trip
    Attending : Dad, Mom, Brother Bryant, Brothers girlfriend Raeann and Me!
    Dates: August 2nd to August 17th
    Resorts:Old Key West and Pop
    Other details : Lou's E-ticket event
    Cruise
    Disney Dream
    4 day
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Re: WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip

August 2nd was a drive day down.
    August 3rd.
    Day One

This morning I had awoken at the great hour of 6am after a pretty crappy night of sleep to leave the Spring Hill Suites SeaWorld. We got to Magic Kingdom around 730 for the 9 opening. Yeah we got there a little too early but hey, it happens. After the opening show we went straight to Tomorrowland. Everyone seems to be going to NFL and A&E. So everything in TL had a less then 5-minute wait. We rode Space Mountain first then we went over to Buzz Lightyear. While on our way from SM to BL we stopped to see Stitch. He seemed kind of lonely. After BL, which I actually beat my dad in for once! We walked over to NFL. Everyone was in line for SDMT so we did Ariel’s Grotto first. She also seemed a little lonely also. After meeting here we wrote the LM ride and went to Gaston’s for breakfast. I got the Cinnamon rolls, which is okay. Mine was a little dry and there was something I did not like about it. After breakfast we went over to do our FP for BTM. Always a classic. After BTM we went over to HM rode that we walked over to HoP, which I kind of toke a nap during. After naptime for Mckayla, we noticed that Diamond Horseshoe was open for lunch. Being such the Disney nerd I am and love all things from back in the day Disney I just had to go to lunch. We got the Brisket sandwich (we means my mom, brother, his girlfriend an I) with chips and my dad the tuna salad sandwich with chips. All of it was really good. After lunch we went back over TL to see Monsters Inc. Laugh floor. I seem to forget how great that ride actually is. After Laugh Floor we did CoP and then walked over to SBC to do Dumbo. Then it was time for our SDMT FP. If you have a FP then you miss most of the queue. Which I was kind of sad about because I wanted to see what the queue looked like but I was not about to wait over 100 minutes for it. I enjoyed the ride, the part you are in the mine is actually really cool. The parts I did not like, the length of the ride, it is really short and how little you train actually swings. They have been making a big deal about how this is the first ever ride car that swings so I was hoping for more swinging. My car move like twice. After we rode that we made our way out of the park to go to Old Key West to check in. We checked in and found out room. We asked for a canal view room and we got one!! I love it. Right now as I am typing this ( I type it up ahead of getting home and then post it all when I get home) out while sitting on our balcony watching the DTD ferry drive by. After check in and quick showers we went back MK for dinner, which was kind of stressful. We decided to take a bus because we did not want to deal with the parking and what not. So we left our room at 415 to get to bus stop. An hour later we got to MK. We had an ADR at 510. Good thing they keep them for a little bit! Dinner tonight was at my favorite restaurant at MK, The Plaza. We actually got the same waitress we had back in 2012 which was cool. I had to get the Philly sandwich. It’s the best one on property. My brother and his girlfriend got the cheeseburger. Mom got the grilled chicken sandwich (the sounds boring but it was more like a Chicken Cordon Blue sandwich) and my father got the Reuben. We all massively enjoyed our food. Once we finished our meal we had FP for Anna and Elsa. It was so great. Anna and I talked about talking to Joan, her sister and how the winter in Ohio was not her sister’s fault because the snow we got up in Ohio was not sparkly. Elsa and I talked about my hair bow (It was Anna themed). After that my brother and his girlfriend went back to the room (brother did feel good). We walked up them up to the park entrance and then my mom, dad and I met up with a friend from High School. He works at Town Hall. It was pretty great seeing him and he gave me a FP to see Tinkerbelle. Her new area in Town Hall is pretty cool. We talked about flying and teaching animals to fly. After meeting Tinkerbelle we road the train from MS to SBC and went iasw. After iasw we played the SoMK game and rode PoC. Then we decided to leave the park before Wishes ended so we did have to wait in the line to get back to our room. That is the end of Magic Kingdom day 1.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Day One Photos
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-10378244_10204515142987392_7275316937735472309_n.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_1561.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_1580.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_1591.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_1598.jpg
    Mckayla

Day One Photos (part two)
    ( I have not gotten the hang of uploading photos on this site)
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-10382860_10204519471015590_160474986092363081_n.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-10413362_10204519721781859_6943378270053566954_n.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-10525812_10204519466815485_1848845414439864086_n.jpg
    Mckayla

Day Two
    This morning we went to Animal Kingdom. We got there about 20 minutes before the park and the line was past the security gate. Which kind of stressed me out. Once we got into the park we walked over to EE to use our FP but the ride was down so we went over and Dinosaur and walked around Dinoland. We were in the Chester and Hester gift shop store and one of the cast members started talking to us, we were talking about how she always dreamed of going to Cleveland for vacation…she was the first person my dad has ever met who actually wanted to go to Cleveland. After talking to her We decided to see if EE was up again and 45 minutes later and it was! We used FP and enjoyed the ride except when we were right before the big hill you always stop for like 10 seconds. We stopped for a little longer then that and I started to panic because I was afraid we where going to stuck there but luckily we did not stay there for long. After riding EE we got breakfast from Kusafiri Coffee Shop. I ordered an Elephant Ear Pastry, thinking it would be like an Elephant Ear from the fair but it was more like a flat croissant and the end was dipped in chocolate. I was disappointed in it. Once we were done eating we went over to KS. We had a really good guide this time and got to on around lunch time for the animals so we actually got to see them move and eat instead of just sleeping so that was pretty cool. After the KS, my brother, his girlfriend and my mom did the animal trails while my dad and I become a wilderness explore. We did that for about 45 minutes until our ADR at Tusker House. We ate there last year and it was really good but today it was just okay. I was again disappointed in my second meal at the park but one thing that made it better was the fact that it was a character meal. After lunch we decided to go back to OKW to relax before going to DTD for the night. Around 4:00 we headed to DTD, Bryant’s girlfriend wanted to take the riverboat over so that is what we did. It was a nice ride. It was about 10 minutes if you where wondering. We walking around the West Side and then moved over to MP. I went to the co-op, which is pretty cool. I was a little disappointed but that is because I thought they had an orange bird tumbler cup but they did not. I thought the areas where going to be bigger. If I had a bunch of money I would buy everything from the homes section. After the co-op we went over to Once Upon a Time because I wanted some of the small Tsum Tsum. They are so cute. I really wanted a Dumbo one but they got their shipment on Friday and they sold out of most of them. So I got Jiminy Cricket, which is a WDW only, a Eeyore and a Pooh. After buying some Tsum Tsum we stopped off at Earl of Sandwich. I got the Holiday Sandwich with the gravy on the side and no cranberries. They accidently put the gravy on the sandwich but I also got some on the side. I am really glad I got the side of it because there was not enough on the sandwich. My mom got the Italian, Brother got the Club, dad got something that had an M word in it and brother’s girlfriend got a grilled cheese. We were all happy with our meals. Then we got stuck in a massive downpour and DTD flooded and I spend 50 dollars at the pin store and it was pretty great actually.
    Last edited by wallfan329; 08-28-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Mckayla

Day Two Photos
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-10580159_10204524595663703_8995612973523571941_n.jpg
    Mckayla

Day Three
    Today my brother and his girlfriend went to the other park and my mom, dad and I went to E.P.C.O.T Center. We left our room at 750 thinking it was normal park hours but on our bus ride we noticed it was not normal hours, there was EMH. We were kind of upset but it happens. Once we got to EC, we went over to Soarin but the wait was 75 minutes. So we decided to do LwtL. After LwtL we had breakfast at the restaurant. My mom got a lemon cupcake, my dad got the carrot cake cupcake and I got the whoopie pie. It was all very good. After breakfast we checked Soarin’s time and the wait went down to 30 minutes, we got in line and next thing we knew we were on… It was more like 10-minute wait. After Soarin we went over to JiyI and LSwNaF. Then it was time for our TT fastpass. While in the line it broke down so we had to wait a tad bit longer then expected. Once we got down riding TT we got lunch at the Land Restaurant. My mom and I both got the chicken and dad got Sweet and Sour Chicken. Again it was another good meal. After lunch was rode SE and then left the park to go back to OKW and swim for a bit. After swimming and talking to some brits we went back to our room showered off and got ready for dinner and were off. We thought dinner was at 510 but it was actually at 540. We had an hour to waste so we walked around BC, YC and BW. Dinner tonight was at Cape May Café. I guess the seafood was good and so was the non-seafood stuff. The best thing I ate was the Orange Cupcake. It was beyond good and I wish they where normal size and not mini. After dinner we walked over to EC. We walked around WS and saw IFoE. After IFoE we strolled out back to our car at BC.
    Last edited by wallfan329; 08-28-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Mckayla

Day Three Pictures
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2642.jpg
    Mckayla

Day Four
    Magic Kingdom day again!! This morning we went straight over to Peter Pans Flight. After PPF we had FP for ESwB. It was really cute and my brother’s girlfriend was really happy to see Belle. After Belle my brother, his girlfriend and my mom went up the bakery to go get breakfast and my dad and I waited in line from Rapunzel and Cinderella. After we saw them we went up to MS to meet up with the rest of the family. After eating breakfast, we walked over to the People mover to see if it was it up from the referb. It was but it was broken. So we went over to SDMT. This time we were in the first car, that car actually swing more then the one from the other day. After riding SDMT we played the new Adventureland game. I enjoyed it. I liked how there was not a lot of talking like how the Perry’s Showcase thing and SoMK are. We also stopped by the Tiki Room and saw that. After the Tiki Room it was time for lunch. Pacos Bills was the perfect place to go. Everyone got the burgers and I got the taco salad. It was really good. I think I found a new favorite thing there. After lunch we rode Splash Mountain. We decided to go back to the hotel. On our way out we saw that the meet and greet Mickey was only 15 minutes so we decided to wait in line yeah that sign lied. We waited 30 minutes without moving so we just got out of the line and left the park disappointed. We went back to OKW to pack up the room because tomorrow we switched to Pop. After packing we went back to MK. We rode TTA and then it was time for BoG for dinner! It was so great. For dinner I started off with French Onion soup (it was beyond good), for the main course I got the Pork Chop with mac and cheese and greens. It was SO good. The pork chop was cooked perfect and was not dry. The Mac was perfect like really. My brother’s girlfriend got the chicken and it was good. Brother got the lamb, dad got the salmon and mom got the scallops and shrimp. For dessert we got the gray stuff. It was good. After dinner I got to meet the Beast! That was pretty great also. After dinner we went over to iasw. After iasw we went over to the castle to see the show and wishes. After Wishes we went over to JC, which is great at night, and then we left.
    Mckayla

Day Four Pictures
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2644.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2646.jpg
    Mckayla

Day Five

Hollywood Studios day! We started the day off with TSM. After riding TSM we went over to ToT. While in line they informed us that only half the ride was working so the wait was a little long even with a FP. After ToT we went to Starring Rolls for breakfast. A Olaf cupcake was calling my name. It was pretty good. After breakfast we tried to watch the Frozen Welcome Parade from the HB but we could not really see anything. After attempting to see the Parade we walked over to ST. Dad, Brother had brothers GF rode that and my mom and I watched the rest of the parade by ST and was so much easier to see. We did miss the stage show part but it whatever. After ST we went over to see Muppets 3D and to lunch at 50s Prime Time. I got the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake and the Fried Chicken. It was beyond good. I think the milkshake is my new favorite thing there. After lunch we rode TSM again and went to the Frozen Sing-a-long ( my mom got us tickets while we rode ToT). It was actually good. The two leading it (the Arendale Historians) where funny and they had adult humor lines and stuff. Then would they would play song clips from the movie as the sing a long part. I enjoyed but I would not pay for the Frozen package to get seats or wait in stand by for it. So I am glad my mom got tickets for it. After the show we left to check into Pop! While checking in the rain decided to come down like it has never rained before. Finally after it rained we went over to E.P.C.O.T Center for the night. For dinner my mom got fish and chips from England, my brothers girlfriend and I got a ham and cheese sandwich from France and them brother and dad got sushi. After dinner we did the Perry Showcase Adventure thing and walked around different countries. Before Illunminations we stopped at Norway for snack. Dad and brother’s girlfriend got school bread. My brother got the potato roll thing, mom got a pretzel with almonds and I got the berry crème puff. It was all pretty tasty. After snack we saw Illuminations and then went back to Pop for the night!
    Mckayla

Day Five Pictures

WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2648.jpg
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2650.jpg
    Last edited by wallfan329; 08-18-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    Mckayla

Day Six
    Today we went to E.P.C.O.T Center day 2! We started off the day on Soarin’. We actually had to wait for them to open the ride before we could get on. After Soarin’ we went over to ride TT. The car I designed came in first place. After TT my brother and his girlfriend wanted to do MS. My dads company is a customer of HP so we get accesses to the HP lounge. Its nothing great but it is a nice place to relax while your family rides the ride. After MS we walked over and did SE. Once SE was over it was close to our ADR at Le Cellier so we did the Canada movie and then lunch. My mom, brother’s girlfriend and I got the Filet (brothers girlfriend and I did not get the spinach risotto. I got green beans [they where really hard] and brothers girlfriend got French fries). My dad got the ceaser salad and Cheddar Cheese soup. My brother got poutine and the ribeye. I also got an order of the loaded mashed pototes. Everything was perfect and so good. During the week I was talking to Amanda () about meeting up with her. She had some free time after our lunch so my mom dad and I went over to the Living Seas. She gave us a behind the scenes tour of the seas which was so cool. Every trip we go on we never see the dolphins and that is because they like their “bedroom” instead. It was so cool to see them play and stuff. She showed us the kitchen where they prep the food ( did you know that the same company that provides food for the Coral Reef also provides the food the sea life eat.), the dolphin back area and the tank from above. My family and I loved the tour and Amanda is so nice and great. After hanging out over at the Seas we decide to go back to Pop to hang out. After doing some random things my mom, dad and I went over to AoA to get Pesto Bread for dinner. YUM!!! After walking around AoA we decided to go to HS to see the Frozen Fireworks!! Once we got to HS we did GMR and Okens Trading Post. We just did the photo spots, you could not move in the snowman area and my knee was giving me troubles so we decided to skip the ice skating part. The photo areas are kind of cool. You download an app and use that to take the picture. If you point it at the background things appear. There are 3 spots, one spot is the trolls, another is Sven and the last one is Olaf. It was actually pretty cool but that app still needs some work. It tokes awhile for the characters to appear. We had to try for five minutes to get Olaf to appear. Its would be cool throughout the park with different characters but the app needs to be quicker. After chilling in there my mom need dinner (she did not get Pesto bread) so we stopped at backlot express. Once she finished eating it was like 830. Most of the park closes at 8 because of the fireworks. So we just decided to find a spot on HB. We got a spot by the Therapist window. After waiting an hour it was time for the Frozen fireworks to start. The stage show was cute and I liked the how they had screens so people could see it even all the way in the back. The fireworks were pretty great. I enjoyed them a lot. The only issue was that there where some that they shot off that did not make it over the hat or the trees so you saw the tippy top of them. At the end of the show it snowed and that was pretty much it. I enjoyed them. They are the exact same as Star Wars weekend ones but different music. We got out of HS before the massive amounts of people did and went to bed.
    Mckayla

Day Six Pictures
    WDW Radio Neverland and Sea Event Trip-img_2653.jpg
    Mckayla

Day Seven
    Today my brother and his girlfriend went to the studios in the morning while my mom, dad and I slept in and packed for our cruise. Today was also Lou’s E-ticket event. The Event started at 1 at the Altanic dance hall. We had lunch which was chicken marsla , a ceaser salad, a pasta dish and sausage. I did not really care for it but everyone else seemed too. After lunch we played some games and then recorded a live show. At the end we had a special meet and greet with Peter Pan. After Lou’s event we ran back to Pop then went back to Boardwalk to walk over to E.P.C.O.T Center. I say a lot that EPCOT is my favorite park but I hate it on the weekends, there are so many drinking around the world groups. Anyways we got dinner at the CS in France. So good, that has become my new favorite CS in that park. After dinner we met back up with Bryant and his girlfriend (they left Lous event early). We walked around the showcase and then by the time we knew it, it was 730. We had over to AA for a dessert party. It was in the upstairs lounge of AA. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of new people. I got to meet Dar! That was pretty exciting. After being there for a while we where moved to the dessert party area in Italy. After Illuminations we were told to wait around for a bit, which we did. Once the CM cleared us we started to head over to England and then we where backstage… Private ride of Soarin!!! After riding we strolled back to the BW and drove back to Pop.
    Mckayla

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast