Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Honey, I'm home! in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 2: Saturday, September 24. Rise and shine. Early flight out of Indy. The hotel shuttles us to the airport. We check our luggage at the curb, never to be ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Day 2: Saturday, September 24.

Rise and shine. Early flight out of Indy. The hotel shuttles us to the airport. We check our luggage at the curb, never to be seen again until we arrive at our room at Pop later that night. But I digress.

In the airport we are surrounded by families with small children all headed for WDW. There are more children on the plane than adults. So I grab my trusty stickers and start handing them out. (I hand out over 1000 sheets of stickers during the week, but again, I digress). The flight is uneventful and all of those kids are actually pretty good. In fact the hosts and hostesses congratulated the parents because they said they had never had a flight with that many children and that they were all so well behaved. (Of course they were, they were going to Disney!)

We arrive at MCO and take advantage of Magical Express. We LOVED Magical Express. We walked up to the counter and the line seemed daunting, but moved VERY fast! The cast member who was the "line guard" kept us all entertained with jokes and trivia. Then we got into another line to get on the bus. That line also seemed quite long but also moved very quickly. I think we were off the plane and at Pop Century in about 45 minutes. My husband made the comment when we pulled into Pop that we were usually still standing at the baggage carousel at that time.

Check in at Pop went quickly and smoothly. Our room was not ready, but they gave us a card with a number to call later to retrieve our room number. We headed over to Epcot for lunch. We had reservations at Le Cellier, and as usual, it was WONDERFUL! The maple creme brulee is to die for.

We spent the afternoon touring World Showcase and at about 7:45 headed over to the Beach Club Marina for our Illuminations Cruise. The cruise was awesome. We had a great time. After Illuminations we went back to Pop, got our room number and went to our room.

Here is where things get dicey. We were in the 80' building number 7, in the far back and beyond of everything. We were in a handicapped accessible room with no tub. The bed was VERY low to the ground (which is good for me, but not so good for 6'4" husband). The plus side is that it came with a refrigerator that we didn't have to pay for. After quite a bit of grousing and debating over whether or not we should ask for a different room we decided we were tired and just wanted to go to bed. So we did.

And the morning and the night were the second day.
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    It's a funny thing about the Dole Whips, Margaritas, and churros. They didn't survive the plane trip. In fact, they never made it back to the hotel room. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
    I finally tried a Dole Whip. Boy, those are good! Ours never made it out of the park either. I am not sure why either. Mine did have a "hole" in it so that might have been the problem.

Day 3: Sunday, September 25.

We slept in a little and then headed for Typhoon Lagoon. We were there for park opening and headed straight for the Shark Reef. Mr. iwannabeminnie HATED the Shark Reef and hopes he never goes anywhere near it again. He said the water was WAY too cold and something about shrinkage. I'm not sure what that was all about. Anyway, I enjoyed my little paddle in the 68 degree water and took my time. Mr. iwannabeminnie shot across that pool and was gone before I even got off of the ledge.

After the Shark Reef we did the storm slides, all of them in rapid succession with no lines. Then we went over to the new Crush N Gusher. We rode all three about four times each, one right after the other again with no lines. Then I was forced, against my will, kicking and screaming down the Humunga Kowabunga. I have a deep fear of heights and that flume just looks straight down. Anyway, I did it and decided it wasn't all that bad. For my efforts I got a free water wedgie and Mr. iwannabeminnie bought me a Humunga Kowabunga pin.

Side note here about DWT lanyards. They are yellow. In the parks, Castmembers wearing yellow lanyards are designated as traders of pins with children. I had several children and their parents wanting my pins. After the first few days, I ditched the yellow lanyard. Sorry, Lou.

After Typhoon Lagoon we headed over to the Studios. We had reservations at 50's Prime Time Cafe. I ordered the onion rings (the "new" onion rings aren't nearly as good as the "old" onion rings) and Mr. iwannabeminnie had the shrimp ****tail. He ate his and half of mine. Then he ordered the steak and I ordered the chicken dinner. I couldn't eat all of the chicken, and I prefer dark meat, so Mr. iwannabeminnie ate my breast (we didn't tell "Mom"). Then he order the Dad's Super Sundae and I ordered the s'mores. I ate about one fourth of my dessert and Mr. iwannabeminnie finished his off. Needless to say I thought I was going to need a dolly to get him out of the place. "Mom" was very impressed and had her picture taken with him.

After dinner we met Bonny, Andrew, and MJ. We saw the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic. Andrew had lots of "insider" information and trivia to share with us. We had a great time and met one of their cast member friends. After parting with Bonny and Andrew we headed over to the Great Movie Ride and found ourselves in the front seat courtesy of the cast member Bonny had introduced us to earlier.

We closed the park (EMH night) and headed for bed. And the morning and the night were the third day.
    They call me "Nana"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    [QUOTE=iwannabeminnie] Side note here about DWT lanyards. They are yellow. In the parks, Castmembers wearing yellow lanyards are designated as traders of pins with children. I had several children and their parents wanting my pins. After the first few days, I ditched the yellow lanyard. Sorry, Lou.[QUOTE]

Are they really? Have they recently changed colors? When I was last there, the colors were green and black. I forget which one, but one color was designated for only pin trading with kids....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

From what we were told, the yellow lanyard CMs can trade with anyone but those with the green lanyards could only trade with children. Anyone else know?

Well, maybe that is why I had adults wanting my pins too! I finally opted for the standard issue blue. For some reason people seemed to think I was a cast member. (My husband said it was because I was handing out stickers to every kid I saw.)
    They call me "Nana"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Well, maybe that is why I had adults wanting my pins too! I finally opted for the standard issue blue. For some reason people seemed to think I was a cast member. (My husband said it was because I was handing out stickers to every kid I saw.)

Or as my youngest daughter said your are a nice lady I tend to agree

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Enjoying the reading! I agree with you on your likes and dislikes...I also prefer All Star to POP, same reasons, I guess.

Sounds like a magical trip! (PS-the food reviews are making me hungry....dissylove must leave now and get some lunch...)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Day 4: Monday, September 26

This was EMH day at Epcot, so we were up with the chickens and in line by 7:15 at the bus stop. We arrived at Epcot and were allowed to enter the area between the two Innovention buildings and await rope drop. While we were waiting we noticed 4 or 5 cigarette butts on the sidewalk. We were VERY disappointed with the housekeeping at Epcot. We zipped over to the Land and grabbed Fast Passes for Soarin' and then went to ride Test Track. There was no line for Test Track and when we got to the end of the ride the Cast Member asked us if we would like to go again. All we had to do was unsnap our seat belts and snap them back. Woo-hoo!

Mission: Space was next. If I NEVER go on this ride again it will be too soon. Mr. iwannabeminnie was nauseous ALL day following this and I was for half the day. I have instructions to smack him if he even looks in that direction.

Following Universe of Energy and Innoventions (we always love Innoventions and spend a couple of hours there every visit) we had lunch at the Electric Umbrella. The roast beef sandwich was SO good as well as the pineapple cole slaw.

After lunch we used our Fast Passes for Soarin'. (Yeah, we were a little late, but did I mention the nausea?) What can I say, that ride is AWESOME. Then we saw the Circle of Life, did the Living with the Land boat ride and caught the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

At that time in the afternoon, there was no line for the monorail, so we asked to ride up front. There was a family with 3 girls standing there who heard us and they were flabbergasted. They had no idea you could ride up front. We offered our seats to three of them and the mom, but they decided to let us ride with thier two oldest girls.

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom just in time for the afternoon parade. After the parade we headed to Adventure Land. We saw the Swiss Family Treehouse (for some reason we love that treehouse), the Tiki Birds (ain't air conditioning the best thing you've ever experienced?), the Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. We shared a Dole Whip float, the most refreshing thing in the world when it is HOT outside (I believe I mentioned the heat in an earlier post) and then headed for Frontier Land. We experienced Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. When we were at the top of Splash Mountain we saw Bonny, Andrew, and MJ with some other people. It kind of looked they they might have just returned from Tom Sawyer Island. When we got off the ride we looked for them to no avail. Country Bears was closed for the afternoon ???? so we took the train to the front of the park and then rode the monorail to the Polynesian for our dinner reservations at 'Ohana.

'Ohana was a huge disappointment to us. We had read all the good reviews about the place and we just were not impressed. The salad was the best part of the meal (that and the Lapu Lapu). I have had better wontons at my local Chinese restaurant. The shrimp was served unpeeled in a sweet and sour sauce. I hate trying to peel shrimp that is covered in sauce. That is just gross. The potatoes were just okay, and the meat was just okay (in fact I didn't even like the sausages). The dessert was just okay as well. The service was VERY slow. We did get to see Wishes though. They lowered the lights in the restaurant and piped in the music.

And the morning and the night was the fourth day.
    They call me "Nana"

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    great reports

and i'm reading this right before lunch

you are making me soooooo hungry

and I want a dole whip soooo bad right now lol

Day 5, Tuesday, September 27:

EMH day at MGM, so once again we roll out of bed early and get to the bus stop by 7:15. We are at the front of the line for the rope drop at MGM and walk quickly as soon as the rope drops to......... Starring Rolls Bakery (hey, some of us have priorities). We grab some goodies and snag a table outside to enjoy our breakfast. Then we head for Rock N' Roller Coaster and ride twice with no line. After Rock N' Roll comes Tower of Terror. One Man's Dream is next. We really enjoyed this exhibit and took our time wandering through. The film at the end was also very interesting. The Magic of Disney Animation was next on our list. We got to meet Chicken Little. After Who Wants to Be a Millionaire we headed over to see Lights, Motors, Action! We thought it was a great show, even if we were half dead before we got to the top of the stairs where we had to sit.

Okay, LUNCHTIME! We went to the ABC Commissary and Ed had a hamburger and I had the fish and chips. They were good. After lunch we took the back lot tour and then headed back to the resort for some COOL.

Around 6:00 we ventured back out and over to the Animal Kingdom for EMH over there. We took our time wandering around the Oasis and enjoying some of the character greetings. We had 8:00 reservations for Boma, so we took the bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge shortly before 8:00. We have always enjoyed Boma before, but for some reason this time the food just didn't WOW us like it had previously. There were certainly some dishes that were EXCELLENT, but some that were just so-so. Even the beloved Zebra Domes didn't trip my trigger like they have in the past. Mr. iwannabeminnie observed that we were possibly suffering from "Free Food Burnout".

After dinner we took the bus to Pleasure Island and visited the Adventurer's Club. We had to have a "Kungaloosh Punch in the Monkey Nut". Mr. iwannabeminnie doesn't think that sounds nice, but we enjoyed it anyway. The show was as good as ever. Yes, there were some new actors, but some of the old ones remained too. We had a hilarious time. We caught the show at the Comedy Warehouse just after the fireworks. Then we went back to the Adventurer's Club for the last show there.

Magical Moment: When we were leaving Pleasure Island we could see the bus getting ready to pull away from the POP bus stop. We start sprinting across the parking lot even though we know there is no way we are going to catch it. The bus starts pulling away and then stops about halfway down the walk and waits for us. We were SO thankful. It is almost 2 am and we knew we were going to be stranded.

And the morning and the night are the fifth day.
    They call me "Nana"

Wow, what a full day! I am just tired reading it! LOL

I am enjoying reading this! Keep going....

Day 6, Wednesday September 28

On this day we slept in. We awoke in time to be at Downtown Disney at 10:00 for the opening of the shops. We shopped until 11:00 when Disney Quest opened and then spent a few hours there. We really enjoy Disney Quest. We have determined that the best counter service burger in all of the World is the Quest Burger at Disney Quest. Delicious. And the Cream Cheese Brownie..........to die for.

We spent the afternoon doing more shopping. I think we spent about 2 hours just in World of Disney.

Wednesday night is EMH night at the MK, so that is where we spent our evening. We got to preview the Halloween fireworks that night. We rode Haunted Mansion three times with no line. We saw the Country Bears, no line. The Hall of Presidents, no line. Mickey's Philharmagic, no line. Snow White, no line. Peter Pan, no line. We left about a half hour before the park closed to try to avoid the rush.

And the morning and the night were the sixth day.
    They call me "Nana"

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    More please!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Hey, this is good stuff. Keep going.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast