Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Honey, I'm home! in the Vacation Planning forums; I will have to sit and write up a detailed review when I get caught up on the work I left behind last week. In short, I have made a ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

Honey, I'm home!

I will have to sit and write up a detailed review when I get caught up on the work I left behind last week.

In short, I have made a list of what I liked and did not like.

I liked: Disney's Magical Express, Le Cellier, Illuminations Cruise, Crush N Gusher, Fantasmic, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Soarin, Lights Motors Action!, Backstage Safari, Quest Burger, Extra Magic Hours, Whispering Canyon Cafe (twice!), Castmembers who were in character

I didn't like: Pop Century, bus service, Chefs de France, the heat (talking about weather, not a member), Mission Space, trash in the parks and resort, castmembers who are definitely out of character.
    They call me "Nana"

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Welcome back girlie!!
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Can't wait to here the fun. Welcome back again.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Welcome back!! Hope you brought us all some Dole Whips, churros and Margaritas!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

It's a funny thing about the Dole Whips, Margaritas, and churros. They didn't survive the plane trip. In fact, they never made it back to the hotel room. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
    They call me "Nana"

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    welcome back sweetie

glad to see you and glad you had fun

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I just PMd you before I saw this thread. I am glad you are back!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome back, Minnie! And have a great trip, Snwht!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    , the heat (talking about weather, not a member), .
    I was thinking that same thing!!

I hope you had a good time!!!

Welcome Back!!!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Welcom Back......You didn't like Pop Century? what happened?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Welcome home! I am glad you had a good time, can't wait to heat ALL about it....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    What happened at Pop Century that you didn't like it???

Nothing HAPPENED at Pop. We just didn't like it. The first thing that turned us off was we were in the 80's building as FAR away from everything as possible. If it weren't so HOT it might not have mattered as much. We decided for us old folks, if you have to walk 30 miles to your room, we prefer to do it in air conditioned corridors.

Secondly, we were given a handicapped access room. The bed was VERY low to the ground and the bedspread did not fit it correctly and dragged on the floor, which might explain how the lizard got into bed with us one night. There was no bathtub, only a shower, which MIGHT have been okay if there had been a hot tub to relax my poor muscles. The PLUS side was that it came equipped with a refrigerator that we did not pay for.

Thirdly, we thought some areas were just downright tacky. I loved the Mickey Mouse phone and the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, though.

Fourthly, we did not like the layout of the Food Court and Gift Shop. The All Stars are much better. The drink stations smelled like dirty dish cloths the entire time we were there. It was quite a turn off.

Next, the bus service was AWFUL! It seemed every resort would get from 2 to 4 busses for every 1 that showed up for POP. We sat and counted them. It became quite the pasttime.

While we loved the All Star Movies, we did not care for POP at all. Go figure.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    While we loved the All Star Movies, we did not care for POP at all. Go figure.
    Completely with ya on that one TNina. We feel the same way. Welcome back and can't wait to see your trip report!

Okay, I hope you are ready for this. Grab a cup of joe and sit back. It could take a while.

Day 1: Friday, September 23. We finally get everything loaded in the car and we head to Indy. We debated stopping in Bluffton for the Street Fair and some famous fish, but it started raining so we nixed that idea and stopped in Anderson for some Fazoli's instead. We had stayed in a Comfort Inn for a Real Estate Conference earlier in the year. It was really nice and we found out they had a "Park and Fly" program, so when I started planning this trip I made a reservation for us to stay there on Friday night and guaranteed it with my credit card. We arrive at the Comfort Inn around 8:00 pm and guess what---no reservation. I have my reservation number and everything, but they tell us that they don't use those reservation numbers, they belong to the Comfort Inn downtown. Since they aren't owned by the same person, we cannot transfer our reservation. So we get back in the car and drive to downtown Indianapolis, but we stop at a Quality Inn on the way to ask for directions. We finally arrive downtown but no reservation there either. They aren't their reservation numbers either. They must belong to the Comfort Inn South. So, back in the car we go, drive to Comfort Inn South. Not theirs. By this time I am VERY frustrated and *****y. (Can I say *****y on this board?) I ask for a directory of all the Comfort Inns in the United States of America. I am going to find the one I called and by golly, heads are going to roll.

I am scanning the Indianapolis section and find the phone number. AH HA! There it is! THAT is the Comfort Inn I called. Ooops. Does that say Quality Inn? The girl behind the desk calls the QUALITY Inn for me and asks if they have a reservation for Hermann. Yes, they are expecting us. We get there and guess what? It is the same Quality Inn we stopped at earlier to ask for directions. The girl behind the desk recognizes us and wonders what we are doing back. I sheepishly ask if she has a reservation for Hermann and she just laughs.....and laughs.......and laughs. Upstairs in our room I pull out my passporter and penciled in is the phone number and address of the Quality Inn, Airport, Indianapolis. When I transferred everything over to my master sheet, I wrote Comfort Inn. I knew where I wanted to stay, I just didn't call the right place when I made my reservation. However, all is well that ends well. The Quality Inn "Park and Fly" package was the same price as the Comfort Inn. The rooms are equally nice, but the Quality Inn is actually much closer to the airport than the Comfort Inn.

And the morning and the night were the first day.
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast