Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Sisters Tackle WDW! in the Vacation Planning forums; What, a grown up trip to Disney World? It had been so long since I had travelled to the Happiest Place on Earth without kids, without being pregnant....it had been ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Sisters Tackle WDW!

What, a grown up trip to Disney World? It had been so long since I had travelled to the Happiest Place on Earth without kids, without being pregnant....it had been almost 10 years!
    So when this short opportunity came to spend a few days at Disney with my sister....I was excited.

Was it all I had hoped it would be? Yes, and No. First, let's get the "no" part out of the way.....
    Yes, I missed experiencing this with my kids. A LOT. While I walked down Main Street, rode Peter Pan (my home away from home) and had my Mickey Ice Cream Bar....I longed to share it with my little ones.
    But I knew they could not come (school, and believe it or not, this was actually a working trip) so I still had fun, but I did have some mommy guilt

The only other down side, was one of the meals. This trip, I ate at the Sci-Fi Dine Inn at MGM. Let me say, I love the atmosphere. It is awesome! But the food was so-so. I would not recommend this as a great place to eat, but I think of it more as an elaborately themed restaurant. I'd go again, but in the spirit that it is more of an attraction.

Now, to the good stuff, and of course, there is plenty of it at Disney!
    First, two words: Thrill Rides. Did I mention how long it has been since I got to enjoy Disney for all the thrills and chills? I mean, I got to ride Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Rockin Roller Coaster, Test Track......the list goes on and on! It was great to be at Disney like a grown up! And they were all worth the wait.

Of course, the Thelma and Louise Road trip, as we called it, included my favorite rides, like my beloved Peter Pan, Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, SE, CoP, all my classic favs and more. And with no kids needing naps and rest we did three full days of Disney commando-style, so we really didn't miss anything!

Now, last but not least, THE FOOD. I treated my sister to a day of dining in Epcot. We had pastries in France, lunch in Italy (she, the deliciously rich fetuccinie alfredo, me, the traditional spaghetti and meatballs!) and dinner in Mexico. It was all wonderful! We could barely drag our full bellies around, but it was worth it. We also tried the Tomorrowland Noodle Station for the first time. It serves light, unique counter service, which I find a nice break from the usual burger fare.

It was a short trip, coupled with plenty of driving and cleaning to help our mother and grandmother out. But how often will I get this opportunity to see Disney this way again? It will be years, I would guess. And I am already planning that next trip, but this time, Peter Pan won't be the same without my kids sharing the flying ship with me!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Nicole welcome back. I'm so glad you had a great time with your sister. I know what you mean about the mommy guilt I felt the same way last November when the BF and I went down. But I got over it quick because while we were down there I was planning the kids next trip down. I really hope you get to do it again.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    what a great whirlwind trip!

sometimes the adults need their play time too!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I had my share of the mommy guilt last week, too. But then I noticed all of the crying kids and parents getting angry at their children and smiled as I walked past! What a great trip but I too am planning the next trip for the kids. It will be my younger twos first trip so I want it extra special.

It was nice to ride the thrill rides-back to back if I wanted and I sure wanted! We rode Space Mountain and BTMRR three times each. IT was wonderful and I can't wait to go back. Just figured out I can afford to go an year earlier than planned from last week so I need to change the countdown! Stilll too far away!

Glad you had a great working trip.

So happy to hear that you and your Sis had a nice trip! How couldn't you?!?! Wish I had a Sister.... Thanks for sharing your story!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks! Yes, my mommy guilt was tempered by the screaming kids I saw waiting in line. It was the actualy moments on some of the rides that gave me the guilt.

It was great, and disney dreamer, I always wanted ANOTHER sister as well so next time join us!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!