Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC is back! in the Vacation Planning forums; Dear fellow DWT members--I'm baaaack--for better or worse!!! The 10 days at WDW really flew. However, did not learn our lesson from last year from visiting in October. The weather ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC is back!

Dear fellow DWT members--I'm baaaack--for better or worse!!!

The 10 days at WDW really flew. However, did not learn our lesson from last year from visiting in October. The weather was very hot, humid, and rainy (TS Tammy) for most of our stay. The parks were very crowded; even AK. Did I mention the DW hates crowds especially at WDW? It seems the UK schools are on holiday the first two weeks of October so there were many WDW fans from there, as well as huge numbers from Brazil, Australia, and Germany.

Pop Century was cool, but way crowded too. Had a great Mousekeeper (Daphne B.) from Haiti. She was a so polite and gave us extra good service. The food court was always messy, but the food was good. The bus service was OK, but many drivers had problems with some new wheelchairs and loading often took 10 minutes or more. To say the least, there were some very unkind comments made by a few crude/rude guests about the handicapped. Also learned PC for some reason in the resort of choice for freeloaders who park & ride to the parks. Reported same to desk, but was given a thank you, but not much they can do. So much for security?

Took over 700 pics and 3 hours of video. DW made me promise I would not force her to look at them again and again.

Only bad thing about the trip was DW had some kind of lower GI bug for a week. I will skip the details, but we only made about half the trips to the parks and none on two days. Happy to report she is 100% now.

Park Reports:

MK--Still working on the Train Station; hate those walls. The storm scene on PoTC was not working one day and the sound was not in sync at the start. Also seemed darker than usual on the ride. Loved Cinderellabration. Parks were discounting the DVD set for $19.95 from $24.95 probably due to Wal-Mart selling millions. A lot of fools on HM who yelled and screamed there was also a lot of pushing and running by groups of teens. Stand-by for all the rides except IASW, WED Way, and CoP was usually 90-120 minutes. Wishes was super, but one night it was so humid and windless, half of the fireworks could not be seen.

EPCOT--DW rode Soarin'--loved it. I chickened out on Wednesday the 5th with only a 5 minute wait; all other days/times waits were 120+ minutes. FastPass was gone in half an hour from opening. I promise to ride in February. Yours truly got picked by Sergio at Italy and I had a ball being a fool. DW got "blue monkey with banana" from Miyuki. I think she knows us now after watching her about 25 times the past few years. Loved the Commodores and Kool & the Gang. Edgar Winter was OK. We took in the pastry competition from Food Network. Maybe will be on TV next year when it shows. Only watched Off Kilter three times.

AK--Never saw so many people there. Finally saw DeVine. She is marvelous. Expedition Everest is almost finished on the outside.

MGM--Car show was super; even DW loved it. Hate to say it, but the Osborne Lights ruin the cityscapes.

That's it for now. Will write more later. Did I mention the 700+ pics?
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-17-2005 at 09:14 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome WELCOME BACK!!...I'm OMW there in February. Can't wait.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I am glad you are back! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Welcome back JC....missed ya! Glad to hear that DW is feeling better. How awful to be sick while at WDW! Can't wait to hear further reports and hopefully see some pictures!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey JC glad to here you back also glad the DW is feeling much better. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Welcome back JC!

Hopefully you'll have better luck in February.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    JC glad you are back. Nice trip report, share (some) of the photos! Glad you liked Soarin, also my new fav.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wow, 700 photos?! If you were a scrapbooker, boy would you be in TROUBLE!! Glad you are back. Glad DW is doing better, it is awful to feel bad at Disney....

Can't wait to here more and see some (SOME) of those pictures!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Welcome back, JC!!! Sorry for the bad parts of the trip, but remember:

A bad day in Disney is still better than a good day at home!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welcome back JC.!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Thanx all for the warm welcome back!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    welcome back JC glad you had fun and cant wait to see your 700 PICTURES!!
    i hate it when idiots scream in the HM
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Welcome back!
    They call me "Nana"