Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC is Back Part II in the Vacation Planning forums; Having PWD (Post-WDW Depression) so I thought I would continue with my trip report. I will concentrate on some people we met, and other ramblings. Sadly though, we did not ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC is Back Part II

Having PWD (Post-WDW Depression) so I thought I would continue with my trip report. I will concentrate on some people we met, and other ramblings. Sadly though, we did not meet any DWT members on this trip. Had a good long chat with CM Charlie at EPCOT, who was doing a survey. He is a retired GE exec who lives in Windemere (not close to Shaq though--he says). We chatted about buying a vacation home. He stated lots in Windemere are going for $379,000 now, but he got a deal last year for only $116,000. He makes $8.92/hour working 2 days at week. Needless to say, we will not be buying a home in Windemere, but maybe we could afford a large doghouse. The cookie cutter 1,500 sq ft vacation homes near WDW which were $250,000 last year are going for $350,000+ now. Ridiculous. BTW, if you are interested in renting a vacation home near WDW check out my article, or the one by the Carlsons in Mouse MAP.

Had another delightful chat with a father and young daughter from Aberdeen Scotland. They were the ones that told us about the 2 week school holiday the schools have in October each year.

From my observations, many of the permanent CMs are getting way up there in age. Donít know if the younger generations are so enamored with staying with Disney 35+ years anymore. Was very disappointed that the HCoE CM badges do not have the name of where the CM is from. Some CMs seem to like that; others donít since that often is a way to talk to guests from their hometowns/states/colleges. Also noticed that most of the CM costumes were getting really tired looking and ill-fitting.

The long-time director of the Voices of Liberty seems to have a new job with the Dapper Dans. He certainly has a wonderful voice and is very expressive, but given his stature he certainly looks out of place, IMHO.

Speaking of stature, we saw a CM who was no taller than the turnstiles. Do any of the members know him? He was working Star Tours, I think.

Iíve written about the speed, or lack of same, of the busses at WDW before. Well, it seems the NASCAR wannabees have been replaced with ďgo as slow as possibleĒ drivers. Maybe it is due to the diesel/gas prices, but it sure was aggravating to be passed by every Mercury Marquis and Ford Crown Vicóif you know what I mean? Since the busses are going so slow nowadays it gives the drivers more time to chat on the PA. We had one driver one night that gave us at least 50 trivia items about WDW. He must have Louís book. Another driver gave us a lecture about her home country of Brazil and the Magic Kingdom, in no particular order. Yet another driver went on and on about something, but no one on the bus could understand him due to his heavy accent.

Our room at PC, 5335, looked out onto Hourglass Lake. The Legendary Years main building seems destined for the wrecking ball. However, there is one building that seems to be completely done. My guess would be they will make a DVC resort on the site given all the utilities/roads are in place. Time will tell.

Biggest surprise on the trip was the Bonnet Creek resort. Had never seen or heard of it before. Seems it is owned by Fairfield, but is not affiliated with Disney, even though it is smack dap in WDW. However, we did see Disney busses go into the resort. Anymore know more about this relationship and how it came to be?

Well, thatís it for Part II. More ramblings to come soon.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-18-2005 at 12:58 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    When I was a CM I loved having my hometown on my name tag. It always gave me something to talk about. I was amazed how many people showed up and knew my tiny little town.

As for the costumes, every one I wore was reallllllly old and decrepid. It was pretty gross thinking about how many people had worn it. Believe me we pick the best of what is is left in the costume warehouse. You should see some of the other stuff, crazy undescribable stains. Ill-fitting is the best word ever to describe the outfits, especially women's pants. They were made for tiny tiny waists and huge hips. Almost nobody fits into them properly and we end up with balloon pants.

The only thing I know about the Bonnet Creek Resort is that part of the deal for being there is that their signage must match Disney Signs.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Interesting JC! Thanks for the info.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    When I was a CM I loved having my hometown on my name tag. It always gave me something to talk about. I was amazed how many people showed up and knew my tiny little town.

As for the costumes, every one I wore was reallllllly old and decrepid. It was pretty gross thinking about how many people had worn it. Believe me we pick the best of what is is left in the costume warehouse. You should see some of the other stuff, crazy undescribable stains. Ill-fitting is the best word ever to describe the outfits, especially women's pants. They were made for tiny tiny waists and huge hips. Almost nobody fits into them properly and we end up with balloon pants.

The only thing I know about the Bonnet Creek Resort is that part of the deal for being there is that their signage must match Disney Signs.
    LOL about the "balloon pants"!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    LOL about the "balloon pants"!
    I can relate. I worked for Burger King in '84 and those gross uniforms were not made for my body style. We called them bubble butt pants. I like Balloon pants better.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    We also referred to them as hammer pants and then we would do the little hammer shuffle dance.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    We also referred to them as hammer pants and then we would do the little hammer shuffle dance.

Great report JC keep posting more.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    JC,

The Bonnett Creek Resort borders Disney property on three sides, and the highway on the fourth, and was a parcel of land that Disney was not able to acquire way back when. It sat vacant for years, until it was sold to Fairfield (I have to find my old newspaper articles at home - going from my failing memory here at work).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Stop..... Hammer Time!!!