Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss So sad coming home.... in the Vacation Planning forums; The trip this past week to WDW was amazing!!! I went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and wow was that worth the money! I never knew that the ...
    MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder

So sad coming home....

The trip this past week to WDW was amazing!!! I went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and wow was that worth the money! I never knew that the drop in POC was actually a tunnel under the WDW RR...and that most of the attraction took place in another building. The Utilidors were really interesting to see first hand, and its cool to know that is the first floor and not underground. It was strange though how the tour did not really acknowledge Tomorrowland. Our tour guide was Jennifer, she was really nice and obviously had a great love of Disney.
    I stayed at the Grand Floridian Conceirge, which was amazing, worked out well with the meal plan, since they provided a small breakfast spread (in addition to other food and spirits all day).
    On Monday, WDW felt some of Wilma, and closed all parks and transportation. At 1PM they opened MK and Epcot to Resort guests. That was nice, there was virtually no wait for any attractions and they even extended the operating hours.
    They were refurbishing the tower portion of the Main Street RR Station, and had a tarp with the exterior of the station on it, so that it looked like it was there for pictures, very cool.
    I spoke to a monorail Pilot on the Epcot line who informed me of the fact that Wonders of Life and Universe of Energy would be closing soon, and yet another E-Ride would be built. Shame they keep scrapping rides.
    I'll try to post some pics soon if anyone wants to see them.....

Seeya,
    Bill
    :mickey:

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks for the info, sounds like a great trip! They are closing U of E? Do you have any more info?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Wow thanks for sharing. I agree I wish they stop changeing things so much as well. If you don't mind how much a night was the GF Coneirge and was it really worth the money? I thought about with this upcoming trip for the Poly but I think I will do it next trip.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN