Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC is Back Part III in the Vacation Planning forums; As promised, this will be Part III of my trip report. Sorry it has taken so long to finish my report, but have been so very busy since our return ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC is Back Part III

As promised, this will be Part III of my trip report. Sorry it has taken so long to finish my report, but have been so very busy since our return to reality. There’s not too much more to report other than I am still in the process of uploading all my pics. However, I thought I would add some thoughts about some of the other rides and attractions; excuse me if I ramble:

MK—Still cannot get the DW to ride Splash Mountain, and I won't ride alone. She hates to get wet. Maybe someday I will be able to experience this WDW “must ride.” Speaking of getting wet, the third time we rode PoTC we got front row in a boat, but there was a few inches of water in the bottom, and we really got wet going down the ramp. DW was not amused. Philharmagic was awesome as usual. We were able to get good seats this time and the experience was so much better than sitting in the last rows. Pooh’s Playful Spot seemed really neat for the little ones, but was a little disappointed there were not more things to do. However, I am sure the DGS will like it when we visit in February. Loved the “new” Small World. The colors were so much brighter and sound was really improved. Did they always sing IASW in different languages on the ride? The clock in the queue area was really neat. Stich’s Great Escape was not as bad as I thought it would be, but it is not as scary as AE was. If anything I would say it was kind of funny. Hated to see/hear, that Robin Williams’ voice for the robot in the pre-show was changed, but the pre-show was much better IMHO. They have indeed refreshed CoP, but the not too many guests were riding, even when it was pouring outside. WED way was working just fine. Can’t see why they need to fix anything about it. Rode Buzz several times, but many of the cars need a touchup and the some of the guns did not work very well. DW found out she could score points by shooting the people in the cars ahead of us with her gun. There were very short lines for Dumbo, Teacups, and Indy 500. Rode the train around the MK several times. It's one of my favorite things to do, besides riding the monorail.

EPCOT—Is it just me, or is Future World losing some of it’s magic? Innoventions was mostly empty. Hated to see the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire computers were gone. Spaceship Earth only broke down one time while we rode it. Seems like 90% of the guests headed to Soarin’ once they got into the park. Had no wait for Honey, but did have a 2 minute wait for Figment. With Living Seas and Wonders closed the only rides with long waits were Mission Space, Test Track, and Soarin’. I was going to ride Soarin’, but there were no FastPasses left and the wait was over 2 hours. I did get to sit in the Cadillac XLR ($70,000+) at Test Track. DW kept reminding me that's as close I'll ever get to driving one, but I can dream--can't I? We spent most of our time in World Showcase taking in the sights, sounds and smells. I love talking to the CMs about their home countries. Some of the members of the Drum & Fife are beginning to look like they were indeed around in 1776. The Voices of Liberty have several new members and a new director. It was good to see CM Arthur was alive and well at the Liberty Inn going about cleaning the tables, etc. We spent the afternoon of the 9th at the ESPN Club watching the Colts play. We sat with a young couple from Philly who were watching the Eagles play on the big screen.

MGM—Watched the Muppets for the umpteenth time. I think it’s time for a new movie, but the picture was much brighter than usual. Perhaps they have cleaned it up. Didn’t make it to the hot seat at WWTBAM, but had fun. Ate (only 20 minute wait for lunch) at the Sci-Fi for the first time. I could spend all day in there watching the old movie clips and drive-in commercials. We got a parking ticket, but the “carhop” took care of it for us, and I got my drivers license. Rode Star Tours for the first time in several years; seemed to be a lot milder than I remembered. Indiana Jones has a new Nazi mechanic. He didn’t seem to be as mean as the guy who was there for years. DW mentioned the ABC Theater used to be her favorite place at MGM. Looks like they are going to tear it and Sounds Dangerous down soon for a new ride/attraction. Was very disappointed with the new animation tour, but liked the new interactive displays and the Disney Oscars, even if they were replicas. Had the best seats we ever had at Fantasmic—center section and row M. However, it was windy that night and we got a lot of spray from the water screens. Did I mention the DW hates to get wet?

AK—Tarzan Rocks was a sweat box, but we had great seats. Thank goodness I brought my little battery fan with me. It saved the day. I noticed they were selling them at Wal-Mart for 50 cents. It is one item everyone should have when visiting WDW when it’s hot and humid. Didn’t stay at AK very long as that was the day the DW was feeling the worst. I guess the heat didn’t help either. We did see Bug’s Life before we left and took the walking tour in Asia. DW was not up to the long Safari ride—IfyouknowwhatImean?

Well, gang that’s the end of my October trip report. I hope you enjoyed it. -30-
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 11-11-2005 at 10:27 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Sounds great (well, except for missing the long safari ride, but I know exactly what you mean).
    They call me "Nana"

Thanks for sharing and finishing up your trip for us!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Glad to hear of your trip. Sorry your DW got sick. That is pretty miserable. I too was very disappointed with the animation tour. The only part that was neat was the fact that one of the "animators" was wearing a Texas Ranger jersey so we "talked" to her through the window about them. Other than that, I was very unimpressed. The interactive portion where you can pick which character you are closest to was fun. My husband was Woody, my brother was the Beast (and he said he made things up-he didn't, he is a beast!) and for some reason it picked me out to be Maleficent.

That soon became a joke and my brother bought a Halloween pin with Maleficent. My DH traded a DWT pin with a CM for a--you guessed it, a Mallecifient pin. So now I wear my pin at school whenever I am in a Maleficentt pin and my students know to walk on eggshells with me or I will do mean things to them... HA.. Makes life so much more interesting!
    Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 11-10-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Glad to hear of your trip. Sorry your DW got sick. That is pretty miserable. I too was very disappointed with the animation tour. The only part that was neat was the fact that one of the "animators" was wearing a Texas Ranger jersey so we "talked" to her through the window about them. Other than that, I was very unimpressed. The interactive portion where you can pick which character you are closest to was fun. My husband was Woody, my brother was the Beast (and he said he made things up-he didn't, he is a beast!) and for some reason it picked me out to be Maleficent.

That soon became a joke and my brother bought a Halloween pin with Maleficent. My DH traded a DWT pin with a CM for a--you guessed it, a Mallecifient pin. So now I wear my pin at school whenever I am in a Maleficentt pin and my students know to walk on eggshells with me or I will do mean things to them... HA.. Makes life so much more interesting!
    I came out as Cogsworth and the DW was Nala.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property