Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Your trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so this was a 2.5 day trip but only 2 days in the parks. I arrived at the Radisson Parkway(sigh off property, but the bed and the bathroom were ...
    spudsnd is offline Registered User

August 18 & 19, best 2 day trip ever

Ok so this was a 2.5 day trip but only 2 days in the parks. I arrived at the Radisson Parkway(sigh off property, but the bed and the bathroom were superb) at about noon after a drive that started the day before at 5am from Long Island. My girlfriend and i immediately drove over to Downtown Disney. We started in World of Disney then toured the rest of the marketplace and then the boardwalk before our dining reservation (highly recommended, a 90 minute wait otherwise) at Raglan Road. The food was great the price was very high if not on the dining plan. The next morning we were at the ttc by 7:45 and got into MK by 8 with our reservation for crystal palace, which we skipped. we headed right through the castle because to our delight the carousel was running. We soon found out that all of Fantasyland was! It seemed to be a year of 1million dreams/Magical beginnings soft opening. Captain hook, Wendy and Peter Pan were playing duck duck goose and hide and seek with young kids. I witnessed Stitch riding dumbo with one lucky child and the mad hatter and alice playing tag and simon says with anywould they could find, watching Alice sprint full speed around the teacups was great. The best part was the waits for all the rides before the official opening were non existant. We rode Peter Pan and pooh and had time to play tag and line up for the run to Space Mountain at 9. The rest of the day was outstanding the longest we waited or anyting was 20 minutes for Splash and Big thunder. By 2 o clock we had done almost everything once. we then took a bus over to MGM for lunch at Mama Melrose's and my Girlfriends first ride on R'nRC. then we headed back to the MK for another lap on PoTC and nightime Jungle Cruise. it was a great day even without a parade or fireworks. The next day started off with a ride on the first train of Expedition Everest(tip: at he rope drop go through dinoland USA and get on the fastpass line right away by the time we got off the line was 75 minutes and counting, we then headed to kali river rapids and got on the 4th raft. Afterwords we left AK and headed back to the hotel lto pick up my mom, sister and brother, then we were off to Epcot where we got our fastpasses for Soarin. The rest of the day was amazing we lucked out on short lines and even a Suprise Fastpass for Mission Space along with our regular fastpass for test track. I rode both Green and Orange and bother were fun. We completed two laps around World Showcase had lunch at The San Angel Inn and saw ilummination from a chair in Mexico. The only complaints were no Light Motor Action(timing), Test Track (rain) or Turtle Talk (line) i love to thank Len Testa and his team for the Unofficial Guides 1 day Touring plans. I'd also like to thank anyone who read this novel of a post

DAK Safari Tour

OK - I posted this on another site sometime back (sorry, Lou), forgot to post it here!

Jan. 2005 - A quick business trip to Orlando - had a day to do DAK and their
    Behind the Scenes Safari Tour:

Follow along below - in the satellite image of Animal Kingdom.

It started just inside the gates at 8:15a, we had introductions, badges, rules (ie no photography), and stepped behind the scenery. Lots of trivia, stories, animal husbandry info and success stories. There we about 16 of us plus 2 guides, 1 trainee, and the 'cruise' director with her stopwatch at the beginning. We boarded vans and headed to the back of the park - slow driving with continued stories and pointing out interests.

We ended up at the barns that house the elephants, and white rhinos (did you know that white rhinos are not necessarily white - the ones we saw were quite muddy! - the name 'white' comes from the misinterpretation eons ago of the word 'wide' to distinguish their wide mouth from other rhinos). We spent a long time observing the trainers at both areas, and even observed some young cheetahs that were not yet on stage. The tour is very open to questions, and our group had many.

We next walked to the veterinary facility, also has main administration and education classrooms. Saw a few labs and surgical rooms, talked to some technicians, and eventually took a break. They herded us in a classroom, and had another person do show/tell with a chinchilla, talked heavily about the environment and endangered species, and saw brief video on husbandry techniques that we would not see on the tour (after hours, etc). Had snacks and drinks, and walked over to the nutrition building where they were preparing all the foods for all the animals for the next day. Everything was being carefully measured, weighed, sealed and labeled. All the fruits, vegetables, and majority of ingredients all come from the same warehouse and same source as the foods in all the Disney restaurants! Unfortunately we didn't get any free samples. There were also supplies of rodents, live crickets, etc.

We found the vans again, and headed back around the park to just behind the African village. After wandering upstream again the crowds, we boarded one of the Safari vehicles (no waiting!) and rode the Safari with the narration of our tour guide and not the standard script. He pointed out the animals from the stories earlier, and those that we had seen backstage that were now out on the safari, etc. We eventually ended back in the village, more tips and trivia, and fill out a survey. It was supposed to be 3 hours, but with all of our (mostly my) questions, it was about 3h 45m.

The rest of the day we finished up Animal Kingdom, hit all the highlights at Magic Kingdom and watched the fireworks, and ended with a huge late dinner at the California Grill. We tried to slip out before the bill came ($$$$), but no luck! (However it was a business expense - right boss?)

Can't wait to go back, and would definitely do the tour again given the chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rocketeer; 08-27-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Great report (Lou jealous). Nice work on the map, too!

Now... about that "other" site you posted it on...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Now... about that "other" site you posted it on...
    Now if I recall (and looking at my "Join Date") - Back in Jan 2005 I had filled out my membership applications and security check forms to DWT.com, and was patiently awaiting your committee's review. Yes, while waiting for approval, I do admit to inadvertantly browsing (briefly) another WDW fansite.

BUT then my application was approved - and have been loyal ever since! (Honest! )

PS. If you would like a review of how to do the MK in 4 hours (after not being there for 5 years), while on the cell phone nearly the entire time trying to talk employees through a disasterous mid-west ice storm leaving my business damaged and powerless - let me know! Had to hang up on a call as I boarded a PotC boat . Anyway, the cell phone connection was a bit troubled down in the dungeons.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    OK, Craig.. I wanna hear the 4 hour plan!

And speaking of that security check, your doorbell should be ringing in a few minutes. Please go with the gentlemen in the sungalsses to the big black monorail parked outside. Don't worry about going back for your wallet. You won't need it where you're going. MWAHAHAHAAHAH
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    wow i had a lot to read. I'm glad everyone had fun! Well here's my Disney News...

I'm not going to WDW in three years!! THREE YEARS!!
    Got Disney?

Kari+Sam=Holly is offline A-Ticket holder

Dangerous Kids at the Magic Kingdom on Sunday!

We went down to visit some friends at the parks for the weekend and had a pretty good time, but I saw some situations that could have resulted in serious injury. The view from the top of the adventure part of Splash Mountain is amazing, so please put your kids on that side of the car. The kid in front of me stood up on the ride to see out and sure enough they stopped the whole ride for it. Also, when I was riding HM I was at the very end and for whatever reason they had to stop the ride(probably to let someone on). When the ride stops the moving sidewalks that move you out of the ride also stop. So, the nest family gets off and it baffles me but they started walking the wrong way! The ride attendant called to them but one of the kids kept going and everyone was on the ride yelling "turn around." Those people should have grabbed him but also on Disney if he had taken a few more steps, it was dark but it looked like he would have stepped over a drop off and there was no barrier. So my preach for today is keep a hold of your kids. The parks do what they can but ultimatly it is up to everyone to do their part.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough

i miss it!

man, its only been less than 3 months and im missing it already. especially that norwegian girl about my age operating the movie that everyone walks thru. that was the first time i watched the movie and i sat in the back where the operater sits. best 5 minutes of my life...

I WANNA GO BACKK!!!!!!!!!!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Me too!!!

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    They were filming the parades the weekend I went
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

skooby is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hope that people are still using this thread. I just got back from my family's first trip to Disney on May 9th. WOW!!! My kids were just blown away and my fiance wants to do the honeymoon in Disney now. I will try to get more details about the trip and some pics up later this weekend when I get some free time but the highlight was my family recieved the dream fastpasses the day we went to magic kingdom. It was first thing in the morning at the Aladdin Flying Carpets ride. It was so cool. Everyone we saw wanted to see them and read them.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    It's great that you had such an awesome time, Skooby!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    that is too awesome skooby.... i have been mailing in chances to win something and i will be there for a week in what seems like forever!! maybe all the wishes wont be given out before i get there
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Days 1 &2 Veri's December Trip

Day 1

Arrived at Orlando 1230, caught Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside, got our room right off. On an impulse went to Magic Kingdom for lunch, big mistake. They were filming the Christmas parade and the place was packed. We ended up going back to POR and having lunch at the food court. After a nap we met with Kim’s sister and her husband at Down Town Disney and had a light dinner at Earle of Sandwich. I really recommend the Ultimate Toasted Cheese with tomato soup. Back to the room and after a nice walk along the carriage path between POR and POFQ off to sleep to recharge the batteries for our first full day.

Day 2

Breakfast at Ohana. I was actually a little disappointed. The food was the standard eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, but we missed the characters for the most part. When we arrived they were doing the character parade, and by the time we left the characters had just started circulating the room again. This is the first time we had never really gotten to interact with characters at a character meal.

After B-fast we took to monorail to EPCOT and again met with Kim’s sister and her husband. SSE was down but we did a Soarin Fast pass, a quick lunch at sunshine Seasons (the best counter service around I think), a trip on the revised River of Time in Mexico (I preferred the original actually, the new version is a good Disneyifcation and clearly more interesting to kids, yet I missed the emphasis non the long history of Mexico), hit the Maelstrom, a few beers in Germany (they have the Franziskaner Hefe weizen in the Sommerfest) and Presidential Trivia in the USA Pavilion. Wandered the world some more, then the living seas with Nemo and friends.

For dinner we ate at Marakesh in Morocco. We split evenly between the beef kabobs and chicken kabobs. I landed in favor of the beef and the green iced tea. No desert though way too stuffed!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    Honeymoon Trip report from October 2007 -
    Sorry a little late but My honeymoon trip to WDW was absolutley wonderful we stayed at the Swan right in between MGM and EPCOT and the hotel was very nice and close to everything. First thing we did was went to Downtown disney and ate at Planet Hollywood and took in the sights to prepare ouselves for 8 days of disney fun at the parks. We got a Just Married button at Guest relations right away which was the best thing about our trip we were greeted about 20 times a day or more with Congratulations from cast members and guests through out the park - we got at least 6 free desserts total on our trip just because we were newlyweds it was so nice of the cast members to make it so magical. We ate at the Lady and the Tramp restraunt in MK it was new for us and our table was covered with Mickey confetti and streamers and our waiter hooked us up with a free ice cream dish after our meal to celebrate!!

My favorite thing from our trip was watching the Wishes firework show with my husband cause every trip i took with my family i had always wished that i would be able to share that moment watching the fireworks in front of the castle with my husband someday so it was definately magical and i cant wait till we plan another trip i wish we were there long enough to be able to visit the water parks i have never been before and with the extremely hot weather there when we went would have been really nice !!!

Last edited by I heartpeterpan; 12-12-2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast