Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Your trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; Please feel free to share with us a little information about your most recent (or any for that matter) trip to WDW. Was there something that you disliked? Did something ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Your trip report

Please feel free to share with us a little information about your most recent (or any for that matter) trip to WDW.

Was there something that you disliked? Did something extra "magical" happen during your stay? Did a Cast Member do something to make your trip memorable? How were the lines? How was the food? We want to know!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Thanks for the reminder Lou. Forgot to finish my last report. Had family here last week and mom and sis are here this week. I'm gonna be busy.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    No problem, Jason...

of course, if your family goes to WDW, we expect trip reports from them, too!
    Lou Mongello

My mother and sister are here now. That's why I have 'disappeared' for several days.

Nice to have you back (even if it's just for one post)
    Lou Mongello

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My last trip was back in September. I have the trip report posted on several other web sites. I'll provide a link for anyone who cares.

We stayed at the AKL for a week. Did the Sunrise Safari (Great!) and also spent time with the dolphins in the Living Seas.

For those who are interested, the link for the trip report (which is on another web site) is: http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/...=&fpart=1&vc=1

and the photos are here: http://photos.yahoo.com/s.simmons

Enjoy!
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

I have been wanting to do that Dolphin stuff. I did catch up on older posts last night Lou. Stopped by the chat and then fell alseep! The heat will wear you down quick.

Still looking for some more trip reports....
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Sadly back to reality. What a wonderful trip we had, but the 8 days went so fast. Here is the trip report in condensed form:

Started trip on Monday, 27 September. Stayed first night in Chattanooga. Trip down was a snap. Traffic was minimal until we got to Florida. Must have seen hundreds of power trucks from VA, AL, IL, IN, and even AZ and NV, and thousands of FL cars with returning evacuees. Ate breakfast with some Native American FEMA workers from AZ in Gainesville, FL Holiday Inn. The FL Turnpike was free for a few days. Saw thousands of trees and signs down. Didn’t realize that in Florida they lower the giant highway lights on pulleys during storms. They were still lowered on our return on Thursday.

Made the required stop in Ocala at the WDW Information Center and picked up a free WDW/MM magnet by presenting coupon from the FL Welcome Center. The Welcome Center had no power and no working restrooms!!! They are building a new Center next door. It is only 2 years late.

Arrived at the All-Star Movies at Noon on Wednesday, 29 September. The MK was very crowded. We were told many FL folks were staying on-property while power was being restored. The kids were out of school until Monday the 4th of October. My DW hates crowds. CoP was running for the entire 8 days we were there. Stitch is 99% done, but sadly no previews for peons. Did see many WDW VIP’s enter. They now have CM’s guarding the entrance. There are big planter boxes lining the walls on the outside.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday we did EPCOT, MGM, and Animal Kingdom. Did I mention the heat and humidity? It was in the 90’s with oppressive humidity until the day we left. Figures. It took a toll on us. We are going in November next year. Most of the Osborne Lights are up at MGM and they are practicing the Auto Thrill Show.

On Sunday we went to church in Lake Buena Vista. Saw thousands of homes with tarps on the roof. As promised took the DW to the Outlet Mall.

Meet many wonderful CM’s from Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Haiti, Mexico, and of course the good old USA. Our Mousekeeper for most days was Alicia. She was a doll. Enjoyed talking to the CM’s at the World Showcase. Saw Miyuki three times. She is wonderful. Have pics and video. I was disappointed with the Food and Wine Festival. Prices too high and portions too small. Watched Kool and the Gang two times. They were super. Had the whole audience on their feet dancing to “Celebration” . Starship (Sara; We Build This City) with Mickey Thomas was horrible. Many people left mid-concert. I realized why they didn’t want audio or video recording.

We also meet several folks from Celebration. I hope they are not representative of the general population. I would best describe them as snobs. Also meet several WDW execs from Indiana, and a nice couple on a bus ride back to ASMo who only live about 20 miles from us. I guess the highlight would be CM Jasmine from Hawaii who made her “solo” Monorail run on the EPCOT line just before we got to sit up front with her on Green. She got hugs from all the other CM’s. It was a neat moment. She has a identical twin that was working in Toontown that day, but we could not find her.

Speaking of the Monorails, the day we rode there were numerous stoppages and “routine” braking tests we were told. Scared me, and I am fearless. We were stopped coming into the T & T Center for over 10 minutes and held up in the T&T for an additional 15 minutes after we got there.

The union members CM’s at WDW are not too happy. I would guess they will strike like they did a few years ago. One CM on the Monorail was pulled from CRO after 25 years. She was not a happy camper. She said too much politics and butt kissing going on at WDW now. Management is horrible and demeans the CM’s on a regular basis. I also noticed some very young CM’s working in food service from FL. I asked them and they said WDW is recruiting CM’s from the high schools for work-study programs.

WDW was as magical as ever. Took in all the night shows, and rode our favorites at least 3 times each. However, my DW loves Buzz and we did that about 8 times. My DW thought the parks were not as clean as usual, and that the ASMo needed some renovation. They are renovating some of the other All-Stars. Saw many trailers from Sealy and Beautyrest parked in the lots.

Saddest event was the nice ding I have in my rear door now. Oh well, it’s only a car!!!

Any questions? Will be posting my 200 pics ASAP!!!
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 07-04-2005 at 03:50 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Hi Lou!

I'm trying to post the beginning of my trip report but the images are off...my report is photo driven, can you turn the image code back on?
    Last edited by tiggerwannabe; 12-28-2004 at 05:19 PM.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Sorry 'bout that... don't know why it was turned off here :
    Lou Mongello

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Thank you!!!
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

My trip report

I wrote a trip report for my family's trip in October of 2004 - hope it is ok to post it in it's own thread.
    After that, I decided to go back and write one for my trip last March for a trip I won to BRAVES spring training - should I post that one too- it is shorter?

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Talking Trip Report Soon

I will have my trip report up very soon for my recent trip April 18-24. I am already planning the next trip home.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wildest Trip Ever

The Wildest Disney Trip Ever

This is about the wildest trip I think I have ever particapated in or ever will. First you need to know that at the time of this trip I was a principal of a christian school in northern Indiana, and that this trip came as away of motivating the students to work harder on a fundrasier that we were having. It was indeed to become the wildest trip ever and the bigging of 5 more trips while I was still with the school ( of which none ever were as wild, but ever more involed.

This school I was principal over was having a fundraiser and nothing seemed to be happening with it. You see we were selling Glamoure Shot picture sittings and withabout 4 weeks left till the photographers came we had only sold 11, not even enough for them to come. So as I sat in my living room trying to think of an idea to get things going the idea of taking kids to Disney World popped into my head. I look at my wife and I said you know if the kids sell 200 sittings the school gets $4000.00 and we could take $2000.00 of that and take all those who sold 2 or more sittings to WDW for one day and take them into the MK. Well to say the least she thought I had lost my mind but my thinking was for 3 months they have sold 11 noway are they going to sell 200. So no matter what we are safe. I told her my plan and she said call the president of the PTA and see what he thinks. This made me excited so I picked up the phone and called the PTA pres. and pitched my idea. He said are you crazy, theres noway you can do it. I said sure there is. We take the next to the last seats out of the bus and turn the next two facing the back two and put a piece of playwood down and a twin mattress have one driver drive and the other sleep and drive stright thru. Then we will check into a hotel spend the night get up spend all day at the MK go back to the hotel, then get up the next moring and head home. He said well do you think they can do it NOWAY I said but at least it may get them excited. He told me he thaught I was nuts agian but said go ahead. The next moring I walked into the classroom with letter in hand and read to the students.

Dear parents:

This is an update on the Glamour Shot fundraiser we are doing. So far the students have sold 11 and that is not even worth bring the people here to do. With this in mind we have come up with an idea to help with the selling of the sittings. If the school can sell 200 sittings the PTA will take all those who sold at least 2 sittings on a one day andventure to the MK in WDW. The only thing the student will have to cover as far as money is their food on the trip and soviners. The details fo the trip will be presented at this Monday's PTA meeting.

This kids went crazy. They started selling the sittings like they were going out of style. In three weeks time we had 211 tickets sold. WOW to say the least.

As promised we convereted the bus. Loaded up at 7pm Wednesday night and head for WDW. We drove 23 1/2 hrs straight thru with 7 adults and 29 students. Stoping only when it was time to eat or get gas. We had 3 drivers working in 3 hr shifts one driving one sleeping and on navigating. We checked into our hotel room headed for the sizzeler for dinner went to sleep got in the MK as the gates opened and stayed till they booted us out. We split the kids up between the adults as not to have a large crowd at anyone place. After closing the park is was back to the hotel for pizza sleep and at 7 am we headed home. It only took 23hrs to get home and we were back in time for church on Sunday. When we got off the bus the kids and adults looked more like they had been dragged behind the bus but all said give them one day to sleep they would head back.

Although I will never attempt that again it probley will be one of the most remembered trip I have ever taken.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast