Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Weekend trip report: 11/26 to 11/27 2005 in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Don you should be a writer these report keep me on the edge of my seat. Just wait util I get my done. It going read had fun,went broke ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Don you should be a writer these report keep me on the edge of my seat. Just wait util I get my done. It going read had fun,went broke and now I'm home LOL

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've just begun putting together part two, but in the meantime I wanted to share a little something I found doing some online research earlier this afternoon. You may recall I mentioned seeing the Kristos last weekend, but there was still a few things I weren't sure of. I didn't catch their names, and I was only certain of where one of them was from. I found this site which has information regarding the performers including a little bit of a background on each of them, including their special skills, as well as a great photo album and a video of one of their performances. Check it out, while I toil away writing and compiling for the next couple hours (hopefully not that long this time).
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey thanks Don I have never seen them out there before. I will have to look for them on this up coming trip next week.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Part Two: Saturday Evening

After taking the monorail from EPCOT and changing over at the TTC, I finally arrived at the Magic Kingdom just before 4pm. Now, from here my report is going to get a little shaky, and for good reason. The MK is by far my favorite park, so naturally, that’s where I spend the most time. I frequently go to MK for the a full day, open to close, or if by some chance I started a day at one park and didn’t intend to stay there through the duration, I usually close it off at MK. The point is, I’m at MK so much and know the park so well, that I begin to take some things for granted. For example, when I was at EPCOT earlier in the day, I carried my notebook and jotted down almost everything I did, along with little interesting tidbits I picked up along the way. At MK, I just assume I know pretty much everything I’m going to see, and don’t really bother to take notes unless I see something new or unusual. When you combine this fact with it being later in the day and the sun was getting low in the sky, it means I take fewer pictures (digital cameras like direct sunshine for clearer pictures). So fewer notes + fewer pictures = fewer details and stories that may be out of order in this part of the report… but I’ll do my best to remember as much as I can.

My first reaction upon arrival was one of bitter disappointment, which is rare, considering I usually shriek with joy like a little kid upon arrival at MK. The Main Street Station, one of my favorite pieces of eye-candy in the entire park, has been under construction for months now. When this thing started, they had one side of the top of the station covered up with a semi-transparent screen, and scaffolding was visible underneath. Every time I go back now, it seems to have taken more and more of a toll on the building, with more and more being sectioned off and covered up. On this day, the entire top section of the station was covered with one of those screens… I think maybe called scribs or something like that??? (I’m not sure what they’re called, but I’ve seen them used in theater productions before… you know… the ones that have a print on one side so that you can see the print with the lights directed at them, but they are more or less transparent from the back). Anyway, the station was covered in a giant one of these. It was supposed to look like the finished product I guess, but I think it just made the whole thing look cheap and ugly. Even once I got into the park and looked at it from the back, not only was the top still covered in this cheat-screen, but the majority of the back of the structure was also blocked off. Grrr… I can’t wait for my Main Street Station to be back in pristine condition.

Now normally, when I spend the full day in the park, one of my first tasks is to ride the WDW Railroad and take the Grand Circle Tour all the way around the park. However, knowing I only had so much time to take pictures in daylight, I passed up this tradition of mine in favor of taking in some of the neat X-Mas décor that was displayed here. I hung around for a little while, strolling up and down Main Street, taking pictures of wreaths and garland strung across Main Street, USA, and of these neat little X-Mas tree-shaped displays made up of Disney Princess Dolls in the shop windows of the Emporium. As I made my way up Main Street, I spotted some familiar faces... CM faces, that is.

Yes, I’m actually there enough where I know many of the CMs by face, some of them by name. A couple of them even will recognize me, and although they may not know me by name, I have been asked on one occasion where the rest of my “crew” was (my crew being MommytoMJM and family, who I had been with another time I had stopped to talk to him), so I know that I am recognized and remembered by some. Anyway, I spotted a Photopass photographer I had spoken to a few weeks prior, but he was busy working with some guests, so I left him alone. I also spotted my favorite balloon vendor, Samantha, who was talking with another balloon vendor, so I just kind of waved as I walked by.

There was a large X-Mas tree erected on the right side of the hub, just before the Plaza Rose Garden. I decided to go take some pictures of that, and then proceeded up past the castle and down the path that leads from the hub to the Mad Tea Party where Fantasyland meets Tomorrowland. I was actually on my way to Tomorrowland because I was thinking of picking up a FP for Space Mountain, and I know it would have been faster to just cross the main bridge into Tomorrowland from the hub, but for some reason I just felt compelled to take the longer route and take a peek and see how busy Fantasyland was, as well as take a glance at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Not that I intended to ride it or anything (it’s almost always too long a wait to justify standing in line for in my opinion), but for some reason I just wanted to take another look. From there I hooked a right and walked to Tomorrowland, deciding that yes I would go get a FP for Space. There were still plenty left, but this one wouldn’t be good until after 7:15 or somewhere around there, so back I headed towards Cinderella Castle.

And what timing I had! Just as I crossed the bridge to the hub, I could hear the familiar music announcing the start of Cinderellabration. If any of you haven’t seen this show yet, and are even remotely a Disney princess fan…get out from behind your computer desk right now, and fly/drive/walk/run/ride a bike/get thyself somehow to WDW, and watch it. I don’t know what it is about this show, except that maybe I’m just a really big sap, but every time I see this show, I tear up. I get this overwhelming sensation of “This is so beautiful, this is amazing, I can’t believe I’m standing here watching this.” It is one of the greatest examples of how a little Disney magic can take a handful of classic fairytales, mesh them all together, and spit out the most fantastic little bedtime story that never ceases to amaze you. It’s got it all… music, dancing, Cindy and Charming, the royal court, and several special guests who will keep you bubbling with giddiness each time a new one appears. And oh the finale… I love the finale. But for those of you who have yet to see it, I won’t ruin it. Sigh... and this marked my second truly magical moment of the weekend.

Oh, as a little tip from my personal opinion, the best time to catch this show if you want to get some GREAT pictures, is during one of the midday showings, when the sun is as close to directly overhead as possible with minimal shadows. This provided great natural lighting for your pictures. And I recommend getting there nice and early to grab a spot up front, just slightly to the right side of center stage (that’s your right as you stand facing the stage). That part is for the getting the best pictures of… well… you’ll know what I mean if you don’t stand there.

Anywho… I’m having a hard time at the moment remembering what happened next. I’ve got a hole that spans an hour or so here and I know some of the things I did during that time, but I’m having trouble sorting them into order. So rather than make you wait while I have an old people moment , I’ll post this much and give the rest of it some thought while you catch up with what I’ve got thus far.

Happy reading!
    -Don-

Sorry I didn't get around to finishing part two yesterday, but during my break to try and piece the rest together, I decided to make dinner, go to a movie (I saw Cinderalla Man... which has absolutely nothing to do with Cinderella, I'm sorry to say. Still a good movie though, even though I don't like boxing), and get my stuff together for classes tomorrow... then I just crashed. I'll try to work some time in to do some more damage on it this afternoon/evening if I can, but I do have to say it looks unlikely. I've have to go flying later tonight, and then I have to take care of a few assignments stacking up on me here because I'm going to be at Disney all this weekend too. not that this is a bad thing or anything. So, you may or may not here the rest of part two tonight... more than likely you'll see it early next week. Sorry folks! Busy busy!
    -Don-

So very sorry everyone! This week is my last week of classes, and I will be headed back to CT next week, so I'm in the process of studying for endless tests and writing papers and make-up assignments for missed days, etc., not to mention starting to put together a packing list of things that need to go home with me on Saturday. I was hoping I would be able to finish at least first day of my report during the early part of this week and then resume telling the rest once I got home next week, but as of recently, I haven't even had time to itch my nope! It's insanity in my apartment this week, as both myself and my roommate are running like madmen trying to get things done. I'm so sorry about not getting back to you sooner! I will get this done... eventually... someday... no idea when. But I will!
    -Don-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12