Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Christmas Adventure at the Happiest Celebaration on Earth in the Vacation Planning forums; December 2005 Early Christmas in Disney World. Day 1 Thursday Okay Iím going to do this report day by day because there a lot to tell and I still have ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Christmas Adventure at the Happiest Celebaration on Earth

December 2005 Early Christmas in Disney World.

Day 1 Thursday

Okay Iím going to do this report day by day because there a lot to tell and I still have to catch up with my work. So let get this started. Well as some of you know I did go to work that day and let just say it didnít start my trip day off good at all. Got to work at 6:00am and found out that the whole plant lost power . Well I like to have had a stroke. You see I donít log off my computer at night I just lock it. Let just say thatís not a good idea when you have a least 5-10 important spreadsheet open and you arenít sure you even saved them. Well after 3 hours of having a major stroke and basically wasting time they got the computers working. So I log on said my good byeís to my lovely DWT family and then around 10:15am I headed home. By the time I got home my Aunt had already picked the girls up from school. Well my kids needless to say were jumping at the bit to get to the airport and go. So we headed to Newark airport which by the way is like 15 minutes from my house park the truck and proceed to check in. Well this took about 10 minutes which by the way is awesome because it usually takes at least 30-45 minutes to check in at Newark airport. Well we are all check in at this point and still had about a 1 Ĺ left to hang out. So I called Bonny to get a Florida weather check bad thing number two (not Bonny what she told me) well Bonny informed me that she was in Disney quest because it was pouring down rain in Florida and she said it was bad. I was like no. So I told her I would speak to her when I landed. So at this point we say goodbye to my Aunt get on the plane and were off. Iím not really happy because I just knew I was heading to some bad weather and this is vacation too. But anywho when we landed in Florida it was hard to tell out the window was it still raining or just drizzling. So I just told the kids to prepare for the worst. Well we got off and of course as we all know Orland International was a mad house. We took the tram over to the other building to get to the hotel. When we got to the bottom of the escalator we were greeted by a Disney Reprehensive that points us off to the direction for the Magical Express. Let just say he needed to be more precise than to just say it down the hall. Another family and we were so lost but we did find the Magical Express buses outside which by the way when we got outside the rain had stop YAY!!! Well the Disney Rep outside ask if we had checked in already and we told her no. So she point us in precise directions inside to the ME counter. I will say Disney did this good because as soon as you see the counter with the ME sign and Mickey in the airline hat it makes you feel like you are already in Disney. So we check in and they explain to me that we must hold onto our ME vouchers in other to get on the bus to go and to return. So once we did that we were asked by another set of Disney reps what hotel we were staying at and we told them the Polynesian Resort. So we got directed to our bus had our voucher scanned and or carry on stowed on the bottom. Well I will say the Magical Express buses are really nice. They had red seats with gold star on them. The girls really got a kick out of the bus. So well we waited for the rest of the passengers to board me called Bonny to let her know we were there and told her I would see her tomorrow. Than I called my family and my boyfriend to let them all know we were there safely and heading to the hotel. So we headed to our hotel. On the bus I was accepting to see a Disney film but instead they showed a film on how ME work and check in and what to accept when got to the parks. So we finally get to our resort and let me just say my two children after hemming and hawing (I think I spelled that right) because they were very upset we werenít staying in the Animal Kingdom Lodge again was very impressed with the Polynesian Resort and proclaimed when they saw the lobby that this was now their favorite and even said Mommy can we stay here again next year. Kids go figure. Anywho we check in got our hotel key walk over to our room which was not far from the Ceremonial house. We had a garden view room on the second floor and outside our window we could see the monorail so that was pretty cool. So I pack a change of clothes for the girls just incase we didnít get our luggage by the time we got back from the Magic Kingdom. My little one was the only one that change her clothes she such a Diva I have no idea were she gets that type of behavior from. But anyway we got ourselves together and head over to the Magic Kingdom for the Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party. Once we got to the Magic Kingdom and went inside we saw Goofy dress like Santa and Max signing autographs and taking pictures. Needles to say my two wanted a picture. But as we all know the line was long and by the time we got up there Mary Poppins and Bert had replace the other two. This was okay by the kids since they said they already had a picture with Goofy and Max last year but didnít have one of Bert. They do have Mary Poppins but not Bert. So when they took a picture with them and Mary Poppins ask were their Mary Poppinís pin on their trading pin lanyard. Both of my children looked stunned and just blamed it on me and said mom never brought us one. I was in shocked because Mary gave me a stern look as to say shame on you mother. So I just say okay let just take your picture with them. Quick way to get out of that mess . After that we saw the Penguins from the Mary Poppins movie and they took Pictures with them. They had Santa hats on. They looked really cute. We saw Uncle Scrooge as well but the kids said they didnít want to take a picture and wait in line so we headed over to tomorrow land by cutting through the Noodle Station and off to Stitchís Great Escape. There was no line at all and remember kids didnít get a chance to see this last year because they were still building it in May. But I had seen last year because the BF and I was there last year as well in November without the children. So we got on it .While waiting in the queue kids ask me a bunch of questions and I just told them to wait and see. Well we got on it and let just say little one told me it was corny oldest love it. It seems they change it up a little. I remember when they show Stitch landing in the Magic Kingdom he was riding Dumbo.But this time he crawling outside Cinderella Castle and peaking in a door saying Cinderella your prince is here.Oh yeah I forgot Stitch still said welcome to Stitch Kingdom when you get off the monorail and a few other things as well. Kids that was too funny. Anyway back to the parks. Well the next ride we got was Buzz Space Ranger Spin. I totally ****ed this time kids didnít to bad. Than we went on Space mountain problem number 3. Well it seems my little one got scarier on this trip than last year. You see she didnít ride it last year because she was 6 going on 7 and I just felt she was too young to ride last year so she and my mom hung outside. But this year (she 8 now) she said she wanted to ride it until we got all the way up there. By the way no wait on this either or she told me no. Well we had to make her get on. She didnít cry but let just say she was not a happy camper either when she got off. So after that we headed over to Fantasyland we saw the Mad Hatter and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum but they were taking some other kids on the tea cup ride so we just went over to see Pooh Playful Spot. When we got there Piglet, Tigger and Rabbit was out so we got in a line to see them. I was super surprise to see Rabbit out I have never seen Rabbit out before. So we got a picture with all three and it was funny because I had sticker of each characters on indivual pages and Rabbit saw it and gave me the what about me and I felt so bad and told him sorry we didnít think you would ever come out and plus they donít have rabbit stickers. Well he was sad but than youngest hugs him and told him next time we will have a rabbit sticker for him. He must have like it because he jumped up and down and hug her. Once we finished with them we walk over to Poohís playful spot. I must say it looks like an over dress park. My kids did however had to go down the slide and look in the tree and than they were like letís go mom. We than walk over some and saw some of the characters in front of Arielís grotto dancing with the kids. We would of stop but it was too crowded and you really couldnít get to close to see. So we by that and was going to Peter Pan but kids saw it a Small world and freaked out. Because last year it was in rehab. I think they just re-open t back up this year. Anyway they got on it a SW and love it. When we got off we saw Belle and Beast dress in there holiday clothes but the guy said it was a 25 minute wait that we probably wouldnít get our pictures taking because they were going in and Snow White and her Prince was coming out next. Kids said never mind because we had like 15 minutes to Holiday wishes. So we walk through Liberty Square and over to Casey Connor and got some hot dogs and fries to eat while we watch Wishes. It was kinda of hard to really enjoy them because it was so humid out and it was still wet on the ground from the early rain and every time the fireworks went off you saw more smoke than the actual fireworks but it was nice just the same. When that was over we walk down Main Street which by the way had snow falling by this time. My kids werenít to impress we see snow so much but the youngest said hey this is fake it doesnít snow in Florida. Iím glad she didnít say it loud to ruin the magic for the other kids. But anyway we had to the end of Main Street to see the Holiday parade Kids got great seats. We sat on the circle right at the beginning of Main Street so we got to see the characters as soon as they come out the gate. Plus I wanted to beat the mad dash to leave the parks. The Parade was beautiful we saw a lot of different cacahaters. We saw Bere Rabbit, Woody, Kanga, Prince Philip and a lot of the same characters they usually have in the parade. They had the wooden toy soldiers from Babes in Toyland and at the end we saw Santa and his reindeer. So after the parade we left and went back to the hotel by the ferry which the kids loved. By the time we got back it was 11:30 and we all were tired and yes our Luggage was in our room and waiting for us. So yes the Magical Express must have work all the kinks out. I will admit from hearing so much bad stuff on it I was really nervous to do but all in all it worked out great. I will definitely use it again even if they turn it into a paid service.

Well that it for today tomorrow I will get try and get day two and Magic Kingdom part two and MGM up. If not I will get it up on Monday. Thanks for reading.

The Adventure Continues ÖÖ..

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE WITH THE PENGUINS@!@@2
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Awesome!!! But did you skip my Peter Pan's Flight? Did you not PROMISE ME YOU WOULD RIDE THAT IN MY HONOR?!?!?!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Hold on you two I still got like four more days too type geez!!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, I will wait patiently!!! I need a Peter Pan story......
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Just got home and trying to get caught up....so I cannot read now, but will be back tomorrow to check it out!!!!!

P.S. our postcard was in the mail when we got home today!!! Thanks!

Sorry just been so busy haven't had the time to do the next few days. Look for it soon.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    you go jedi.... after all of that fussing i did about your trip report, i am just reading it.... and you did a great job.. just can't wait for you to write some more.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Sorry I haven't replied to this yet! Lord, I'm tired just reading this & it's only the first day!
    OK- Rule #1: our trip will not be rainy!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    lol, she isn't writing because she can't figure out a way to tell you she met me and I am scary and wicked! LOL
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    lol, she isn't writing because she can't figure out a way to tell you she met me and I am scary and wicked! LOL

Stop saying that.Yes she a little strange but not scary just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Sorry I haven't replied to this yet! Lord, I'm tired just reading this & it's only the first day!
    OK- Rule #1: our trip will not be rainy!!!

Yeah well you better Nicole that she jinxing us with rain and I told her I would kill her if it did.

I got get this done. Because by the time I finish it I will be having the next one to do

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I was gonna mention that....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    lol!!! Sunday I can join you all for part of the day. The other days I can join you if it is ok to have MJ with us...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

I just uploaded a few pictures of our trip. Here day two photos. I will do the report either tomorrow or this weekend:

Girls with MJ at Fantasmic

(Crashbunny)Marie and Me at VMK

Girls in Lou Spot

Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 01-05-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast