Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My 1st non-family WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; I just had to start my thread now so that i could remember to tell you all about my trip in Disney when i get back on tuesday though i ...
    lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder

My 1st non-family WDW

I just had to start my thread now so that i could remember to tell you all about my trip in Disney when i get back on tuesday though i proboly wont b posting til after it.
    Anyway, this will be my first non-family disney trip, so its sad yet exciting. Im going w/ band though so it really is like im going w/ my family though threre a lot more rules and restrictions that we have to follow. Im like "i know the world better than the back of my hand i dont need so many rules" but rules are there for a reason.
    Ill have a great time no matter what. It is DISNEY. Have a good time while im away in the happiest place on earth!
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Have fun, I'll hold you to the promise of a trip report!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I hope that you have a GREAT time. Can't wait for the report. And yes, rules are good sometimes...there for your safety, most likely!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

So i guess ill start off with my favorite part of the trip then try to go day by day. Ill see how much i can get in at a time cuz obviously ive had a busy enough life not to get on here for a couple days.

So my favorite part of the trip occured on the last day. We were in MGM until 2 that day. My friends were all really annoyed w/ my constant pushing. I was going slowly but they still thought we were running too much. Well i forced them to run into millionaire. I think we were the last people in. Well they went through all of the rules and such and got to the fastest finger. I had previously been in there and actually known the answeres but was never fast enough so i decided to just guess bc it wouldnt be fast enough otherwise. Well i luckly didnt know the answere so just clicked the buttons as fast as i could, using the force as much as i could. They read the answers and i was like I did b 1st a 2nd c 3rd and d last. Wow. I wonder if it was fast enough. They listed the top 10 stopping at #2 as they do. Well i didnt see my # up there at all and knew that i had pushed the buttons way too fast to not have made it up there. I think i mightve been standing up b4 they actually listed 146 up on the board. My friends were all really mistified when they saw the light on me and i was walking down. They said i looked really nervious. I know i was shaking bc thats what i do when im nervous, even when im not all that nervous. I was the 1st contestant in the 1st show of the day. It was soo cool. The disney question that i got was about "who was the villian that said blablabla in Pinochio" A) Stromboli B)Jimminy Cricket C) Blue Fairy or D)Gepetto Of course i got that right. I got upto the $16,000 question. I had used my audience on somthing easy but i wanted to make sure it was correct bc it was the 1000 question. Then i had used both 50:50 and phone stranger on the previous one bc it was somthing about college units like phi beta and ones i had never heard of. So i got to the last question and found that i wasnt entirely sure about the answer. The question was "what is the most practiced form of psychology. They were social somthing somthing and clinical. I though clinical seemed too obvious so i thought for the whole 30 sec and answered social at the last sec. It was wrong but i still got the hat and the honor of being in the hot seat. It was so exciting. Ive been wearing my hat everywhere.
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    that is so cool... i would have probably answered every question wrong, because of the nerves flying.... can't wait to hear more.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That's so much fun! I'm so glad you got a chance to experience that! It sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to hear more.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Last Monday at this time i was in Epcot so ill describe that amazing day.
    We were in WDW for Magic Music Days which means that we got to march at MK and got to do a clinic in the back of Epcot. WE got to the park aournd 8:45 and drove around to the backside of Itally. Theres a platform/trailer back there where they had a room with recording instruments. We got introduced to our conductor, Mark, who does this when he isnt with his high school band(teaching). He gave us a whole introduction speech where he described the different sort of people who visit WDW. He talked about those that just go and dont expect much and then those who do some planning. THen he started to explain the person that goes onto the internet and starts figuring everyting out min by min as soon as they find out about hte trip. My whole band looked at me and pointed. The conductor asked if I was one of those people and said that I shouldnt be ashamed about it. Of course im proud to be a Disney Fanatic. WE played No. 1(small world) No.2 (beauty and the beast) and No. 3. Then we got into trashing the camp from tarzan. OUr actual conductors got up and had to make animal sounds to make the music sound more realistic to the scen ein the movie.
    During out break, i went out to a map that was on the platform to show my friends what i had planned for us to do for the day and to make sure they were ok w/ it. One of our conductors came up wondering where certain attractions were. I started to talk about all andd a crowd gathered. Jeff, the disney program coordinator was even there. I had to ask why Body Wars wasnt open when i was down in August and he didnt know even though he knew everything else i asked. We went back in and did a recording of some Tarzan music after only a breif sightreading. OUr music was put to the video preview. It was a really cool experience.
    Around noon we got into the park. I had to usher my firends thruogh WOrld Showcase so that we could get some rides donw b4 lunch. We stopped in Norway for the boat ride and film(where my friends made it a point to hit on the guy at the end of the boat ride.) Then we made our way to Mission: SPACE. Even though this wasnt my 1st time, it was still exciting bc the whole flight i was flipping sitches.
    WE then crossed the park to go to the Land to eat. One friend is a vegitarian and another is a very picky eater so this place was great for them. I on the other hand realised that when we got there i would prefer chicken strips so i had to make my way back to teh Electric Umbrella. One of the rules that we had on the trip was that we werent allowd to walk around the parks alone otherwise we would get sent home so i had to be very vareful not to b seen by myself. I got to EU and ordered(I did ask if they had honey mustard. They said yes but i found out after that they didnt have any in EU which angered me bc otherwise i would've gotten a burger. I would proboly argured a little or somthing but I didnt want to b really rude or risk getting caught.) Well i started walking back quickly. I saw some other band people but figured they wouldnt say anything. but after then i saw one of our conductors. They were on the pathway between innovations and the land. I had to circle down around by the living seas. I think that if i handt actually known the park that i wouldve gotten caught. and i never break the rules.
    We FPed Living w/ the Land and went to Imagination where we played in IMageworks for while after the ride. We did Circle of LIfe, LwtL, then HIST Audience. I had to force my friends to "keep their feet firmly planted on the ground for their safty." They had heard about hte mice but hadnt experienced it. One did squeel at that point in the show. After the show we had enough time to walk over to France where i was going to meet other people and have dinner at Les Chefs de France. I love the duck. The meal was really speedy and good. The only problem was that the waiter wouldnt bring me more water and i kept running out. I was so thirsty.
    After the meal i went to we went to american adventure (where i almost cried but didnt. its a really sad show bc of hte music. disney is the only thing that makes me cry) We met up with the group i spent the day with in germany. They didnt want to walk to mouse gears b4 illuminations so they sat in mexico while we went to shop. I had to get my disney sweatshirt. I got the one with 06 on it and characters inside the numbers, but i dont understand why stitch is in there with mickey pluto goofy and donald.
    WEll we went back to mexico where i found the girls with 3 guys. They were CM in MK so i was really excited to talk to them. We hung out w/ them during and b4 the show. They were really cool. So cool that we had to spend part of the next day with those that didnt work(boo the one who did work) Afterwards we made our way to our buses(taking pics along the way and stopping to get another sweatshirt-black w/ mickey on it)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Wow, thanks for the great update! It sounds like y'all had a lot of fun!!!

I'm glad you didn't get caught! That would have been bad! I can see your trip report now, "Well, I was in epcot & got banned from the parks & had to go home early!"
    Have NO shame in being a Disney Fanatic. Once, I was waiting for Honey I shrunk the Audience & the CM was doing a bit of Disney Trivia. I was like, "Bring it!" So, he asked the first question & I shout out the answer... then he asks another question, & again... I shout out the answer. Finally after the 3rd question he says, "Are you a CM?" I was like, "NO" & he smiles & says, "Oh, you're one of those!" I have to say I was proud, but my DH was a little embarassed. hee hee.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow sounds like fun! Congrats on the Millionaire thing-it is cool you got up there!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yeah, I was called "one of those" during my keys to the kingdom tour last year.....funny, I was called "one of those" one other time in my life.....when was that? Oh yeah, when I was taking pictures of Anne Rice's house in the Garden District of New Orleans (she doesn't live there anymore). A horse and buggy tour goes by and the guy in it points me out and says "There is one of those, you know, the vampire people."

Ahem, I was wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and shorts at the time with tennis shoes....sure didn't look the part of a vampire....but I digress....

Glad that day went well and you didn't get caught!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Oh i havnt even gotten into my day long quiz by the CM that we were hanging out with. He couldnt stump me for a long time. He did get me with one that only CMs are told so obviously i didnt know that.