Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Le Cellier Review: Jan. 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; Le Cellier: In all my years of visiting Epcot, I had never been to Le Cellier at the Canada Pavilion of the World Showcase. However, I must say that Le ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Thumbs up Le Cellier Review: Jan. 2006

Le Cellier:

In all my years of visiting Epcot, I had never been to Le Cellier at the Canada Pavilion of the World Showcase. However, I must say that Le Cellier is one of the most impressive eateries in all of Walt Disney World. Set up as an intimate and elegant steak house, Le Cellier is some of the best table service you're likely to encounter. The service is helpful and informative, and goes out of their way to pamper you during your dinning experience. There's a wide variety of drink and dinner specialities to choose from, and I'm pretty sure that this is the only location in a WDW park where you can get a Martini.

The Steaks at Le Cellier are delicious and are cooked to perfection. Each dish comes with some kind of potato, but vegetables are scarce unless ordered as a side. There are a few other entrees to choose from, such as roasted chicken, salmon, pork tenderloin, and few specials. However, a must order item at Le Cellier is their famous Cheddar Cheese Soup. As our waitress claimed, it's the only item on the menue that hasn't changed since Epcot Center opened in 1982. The cheese soup is fantastic, hearty, and delicious. Le Cellier also provides you with Pretzel Bread, which are bread sticks made out of pretzel dough and lightly salted. Eating the cheese soup and dipping your pretzel bread into it is reason alone to eat at Le Cellier.

If there is a draw-back to Le Cellier, it is its hefty price tag. The entrees average at about $34, and all sides are a la carte. In fact, the only thing included with your meal is all the pretzel bread that you can eat. As a result, Le Cellier is one of the most expensive places to eat in all of WDW. However, our waitress did mention that Le Cellier has a secret option for lunch that isn't advertised. You may order the cheese soup and the pretzel bread to go at the reception desk during lunch hours, and option that we're more than eager to try on our next visit.

Final Verdict: 5/5 - One of the best restaurants on property. If the prices for dinner are too much for you, then definitely stop by for lunch for some Cheese Soup and Pretzel Bread.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Great review - can't wait to try it out on our trip!
    Pretzel bread, yum, keep it coming!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Yeah I know, the bread is soooo good. They have just the right amount of salt on it to, which is great because I don't like a ton of it on there. Make sure you get the soup too, it's really amazing!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow this sounds great! I see a steack and cheese soup in my future....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Wow this sounds great! I see a steack and cheese soup in my future....
    ME TOO, and I don't even like cheese soup......but count me in. It is gonna be a trip of new traditions!

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ohhhhh that glorious Cheddar Cheese Soup. We got back from WDW Monday and sadly, I didn't get any soup from Le Cellier this trip

I've always found it a bit ironic that we fly in from Minnesota only to rush over to the Canadian pavillion.

I liked the soup so much I took a picture of it.

Last edited by trypnotic; 02-09-2006 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added picture
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks Benjo for the review. This is one of the reason why I choose this place for our Mom's trip because would totally waste this good food. Can't wait to try the bread.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Thanks Jedi,

Make sure you let us all know what you thought of the place when you get back

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The soup is good. The steak, though tender, has a sauce of which I am not especially fond, but it's certainly worth a try. The pretzel bread is REALLY good!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

brianjoe is offline B-Ticket Holder
    we are going to eat there on 6/10 for the frist time .......anything we should or should not try ?
    no matter where u you go there you are going to the world in june 2012

Just to touch on this again since we are back. I was not impressed by this place at all. And after all the good write ups on it, I was surprised. First, it took nearly an hour to seat us - and we had an ADR.

Then, the pretzel bread wasnt that great and I think we were all a little shocked by the size of our steaks (compared to the price on the bill). I have had better steaks at Longhorn Steakhouse. Just my opinion.

Our server was really very nice and the atmosphere was ok....but I will not be going back here anytime soon.