Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Yakitori House Review: Jan. 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; Yakitori House: Located in Japan in the World Showcase, Yakitori House offers counter service Japanese food. While the menu offers authentic Japanese cuisine at a cheaper price, the quality of ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Thumbs down Yakitori House Review: Jan. 2006

Yakitori House:

Located in Japan in the World Showcase, Yakitori House offers counter service Japanese food. While the menu offers authentic Japanese cuisine at a cheaper price, the quality of the food here is lacking. The chicken is all dark meat here, and the beef I ordered was mostly fat, and had little beef to speak of. While the shrimp and vegetable tempura cakes were tasty, the rest of my meal was pretty uneatable. My friend Dan had the Udon noodle soup, which he described as "tasteless."

I was surprised and disappointed by the low quality of the meat that you usually don't find at WDW. It is possible that Yakitori House offers very authentic Japanese food that should be dark meat chicken and fatty beef, and if this is the case, then it is my own ignorance of the experience that this restaurant offers.

Final Verdict: 2/5 - This was a very disappointing meal and I cannot recommend it.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    We had the same expereince here too...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Have you heard whether or not the food is very authentic here, of if it's just poor quality and bad? I just found it odd that the meat would be so different and strange here when it seems like WDW holds itself to pretty high standards around the rest of the parks.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I enjoy the sit down restaurant in Japan (Tappanayaki?), it is price, but the food quality, I found to be better.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Myotis is offline A-Ticket holder
    My last visit at WDW is 10 years ago, but I still remind a Japanese food I've had at Epcot, World Showcase. It was called "Shogun Combo" and it was so yummy!!!
    Last edited by Myotis; 01-13-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I enjoy the sit down restaurant in Japan (Tappanayaki?), it is price, but the food quality, I found to be better.
    I was at the Teppanyaki in December and I was disappointed. I can get the same meal here that I could in EPCOT. I was not impressed. It was not bad...just unimpressive.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I've always felt that Teppanyaki was just like all the Benihana's I've ever been to but more expensive so I was not that impressed. I have had really good experiences at the Yakitori House though. No it's not all that authentic. It's alot like what you would get at a mall or something but for the price it was pretty good and at least vaguely healthy. Maybe I was biased in liking it though because I had free coupons for it. Anything for free is good.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I thought my sushi was excellent that I had. But that was 3 years ago. We opted for Italy this time. AWESOME chicken parmisaigna(spelling?) i've EVER had.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    We ate at Yakatori House when we went in Sept. and loved the food...portions could have been a little bigger at least for us(we love to eat)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn