Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC @ WDW Days 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 in the Vacation Planning forums; Sorry I have not been reporting for the past several days, but we have been battling the stomach flu again. However, I'm putting the cart before the horse, so allow ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC @ WDW Days 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Sorry I have not been reporting for the past several days, but we have been battling the stomach flu again. However, I'm putting the cart before the horse, so allow me to go back to Day 17.

Our friends from college decided to come a few hours early so the DW and I nixed going to MGM for the morning and most of the afternoon on Friday. We spent the day reliving our college days, but going to WDW would have been more fun. Had supper at the Outback.

Day 18: Our friends only wanted to go to EPCOT and wanted to get their monies worth, so we got there at 9:30 AM and stayed until Illuminations was over. I rode Test Track for the first time in several years. The only change I could see to the ride was the truck crash has been made very, very realistic. Scared the heck out of me. Also, don't remember if there is still the crash scene to the left side anymore, but would not swear to it. We ate lunch at the Electric Umbrella and had supper the the Yacht Club.

Day 19: Picked the DS and DDIL at the airport at 8:30 AM. They wanted to rest the whole day. We had supper at the Outback.

Day 20: The kids and DW wanted to spend time in the pool, but I made reservations for Fulton's Crab House for 5:10 PM. I went to the Wal-Mart on US 27. Took me 40 minutes to make the 5 mile trip back. Traffic was backed up on 192 from WDW to Vista del Lago. About 2 PM DDIL says she has upset stomach and wanted to take a nap. She got up at 3:30 and we were on our way to Dowtown Disney when she said she is sick to her stomach. We turn back. We get home and she gets sicker and sicker and wants to go to the urgent care center near here. We go there about 6 PM. It is 3 hour wait. They suggest going to the ER in Celebration, which we do. It is 3 hour wait and some people have been there since 1 PM, most with vomiting and diahrrea. At 8 PM DDIL says she wants to go home. The nurse at the ER says 99.999% it is stomach flu and nothing they can do. We go home. As soon as we get home DS starts vomiiting. I am feeling really sick too, but only diahrrea. I get up at 1 AM and vomit.

Day 21: The kids are feeling better and eating. I am in bed most of the day after thowing up two more times. I have no appetite whatsover and it is hard to drink anything.

Day 22: DW, DS and DDIL go to the AK this morning. DW calls and says FastPass line for Kilamanjaro is 45 mintue wait!!! I am at home still suffering with stomach cramps, etc, but vomiting has stopped--I hope. Hopefully, I will be better tommorrow. Time will tell. This vacation has certainly turned into a nightmare--again!!!
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 02-22-2006 at 05:52 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    How are you so lucky to spend a month at Disney? You rock!!

I love reading your trip reports. I have read them all!
    I hope you get to feeling better quickly, so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sorry you all are sick! Not much fun.. My family has gone thru this but we haven't been in Florida...