Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DWT Girls WDW Trip: Magic, Magic, and more Magic! in the Vacation Planning forums; Trip Report Day 4: Animal Kingdom/ MGM Studios Through Summer’s Eyes: The 4 of us get up really early to be among the first people at Animal Kingdom, which we ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"

Day 4

Trip Report Day 4: Animal Kingdom/ MGM Studios

Through Summer’s Eyes:

The 4 of us get up really early to be among the first people at Animal Kingdom, which we are! We are in line for a while before they let us into the park. While waiting in line, we watch Wes Palm amuse some of the other guests waiting to enter the park. As they started allowing guests in, we all realize we’re all headed to the same place: Expedition Everest! They are herding us towards Oasis Island where we have to wait for the word from the boss (Mickey Mouse) for the park to “officially open”. It does & everyone starts running towards Asia! Nicole adds: It was a mad house!! You can tell EE has really changed the makeup of this park-thrill seekers everywhere!

Lara: “Everyone but me. My feet were killing, I was in pain, no way I could run. However, I did pick up the pace when I was passed by someone on crutches (I was so ashamed).

As we’re running along a guy running next to us starts pointing at us saying “DWT DWT!” I just smiled at him not really knowing why he was pointing, but since that wasn’t too odd for this trip, I didn’t think much of it. It was only after I understood the words “SUMMER SUN” I realized it was Paul! We were to meet with him & Mandy later that morning at MGM. Little did we know we’d (quite literally) run into them at DAK. Nicole: It was so cute! Paul’s yelling, “Disney World Trivia!” as he runs, and we all just greet each other and keep running at the same time!!

Let’s pause here to talk about Paul & Mandy: They really are two awesome people! Mandy is just as sweet and fun as anyone I know! She was just taking in everything and enjoying all of the sights and sounds Disney has to offer. She just seemed happy to be there & especially with her new friends (us)! She just fit right in our girl’s trip! Paul is the most wonderful cast member I’ve ever met! He truly loves Disney and the magic it has to offer. He wants to be sure that everyone who walks through the gates has a wonderful memorable time filled with magical experiences & pixie dust! On duty or off he is a full time cast member. If he ever got a different job, I would be truly sad for Disney & their guests. Disney would definitely lose their most valuable cast member! Nicole-I agree, Mandy is so adorable and fun. Paul is the ultimate in what you hope for from a Disney employee. He is excited, knowledgeable, and really “gets” the magic of it all. It was a real treat to get to meet these two.

Lara: Just ditto everything Summer said.

We arrive at Asia and barely have time to notice the huge mountain towering over us. We all grab a fast pass so we can take in the experience twice! Lara: They took my AP with them to go ahead and get a Fast Pass for me as well. We rush past all of the incredibly detailed que line to the train track! Lara: I don’t think they noticed the Nepal sign on the way in. Paul & Mandy are in the front car, Nicole & I are behind them with Jerrame & Lara taking the 3rd seat. I won’t ruin the ride for anyone by giving too many details but I’ll say a little: it was incredible seeing all 4 parks at once; not knowing what was coming or going was really cool; I was glad to be riding with Nicole since she was a little nervous as well; and when we got off the ride, all 4 of us were absolutely speechless! Nicole-I loved this ride! It was exhilarating! So well themed, and it has a little bit of everything in it!!!I won’t say more either, go see it yourself!

Lara: Um, not one of us – JERRAME! As she yelled “BIRD” over and over…..

They (naturally) exit us into a store where I was still a little “shaken” (but in an excited way) when Mandy comes flying up to me with a Yeti hat on her head! I jumped & yelled like a little girl! She laughed. J

Since there was a little time to kill before our fast pass ticket time, we ran to Dino Land USA to hit Dinosaur. Lara: I would say we strolled as everyone was talking to everyone! That was fun as always & since we’re clever enough to strike a pose, we’re forever seeing no evil, hearing no evil, speaking no evil & of course just confused!

Nicole-we got right in, a first for me on this ride. The CM we asked there said the soft opening of EE really slowed down traffic at Dinosaur-I think it the long term Dinosaur will be helped by the addition of EE, but for right now, made it easy for us to ride it! Cool!

After we safely made it back to our time period, we walked back to Asia for one more adventure in the Himalayas. This time, we were in the back of the train. This time, I really thought the Yeti was going to take off my head! It was just as awesome! Lara: I think we all ducked!

Now that we got Everest out of our system it was time to head to MGM Studios. The ride there was an experience in itself! We all pile into Paul’s van. Jerrame & I were flopping all over the place as Paul got us all safely to the parking lot at MGM.

Nicole-Paul clearly doesn’t like me, as he made me ride in the trunk. Just kidding, I fit fine back there, but it was like a roller coaster in itself!

First thing we do after entering the park is head towards the back to see Light’s Motor Action! Now, at this point, I’m really dragging since I’d been going full speed for 3 days with virtually no sleep & I’m starting to feel it! I’m also starting to get hungry, so after the stunt show, my snack buddy & I agreed it was definitely time to stop for lunch! Nicole-that would be ME, who never misses a meal…just another reason we get along so well!

Lara: We all agreed, my tummy was rumbling…I got a kids meal and the weird lady just handed me the sandwich….still not sure what was up with that. We stopped by for a visit with my pal Mickey Mouse. We all 6 had our picture taken with him. He’s so nice! After that, we see Donald & Daisy Duck hanging out by their trailer. Since most of us hadn’t seen them together, we waited to take a pic with them too. While we were waiting, I realized I didn’t ask Mickey to sign my postcard for my little niece. Wonderful Paul took the postcard back inside & asked Mickey to sign it for me without having to re-wait in line. This is the first time I realize how much creating Magic Memories for others means to Paul! (does that makes sense?)

Ok, back to the ducks! Donald won’t let me take a pic with my mouse ears on! I tell him I’m not taking them off & that I LOVE Mickey & that is where my heart lies and … he knocked them off my head. Lara: Well, since she had it PINNED to her hair, Daisy had her kneel down and took it off her head! L So, I took my pic with them reluctantly without my ears! Then, as we were all trying to take pics with them, Daisy got real impatient & started tapping her shoes at us because one of the cameras wasn’t working. Then, she gave Jerrame the hand with a snap because Jer didn’t have any stickers of her in her autograph book! Feisty little things, those ducks! Lara: They were great! Daisy had real attitude!

After leaving the “stars”… we went to see some more in the Great Movie Ride. We were “stopped” in the western scene. Our “bad guy” had an awful accent. He couldn’t decide if he was English, Australian, or Southern. He was awful, but it was still good. Nicole: I think his accent changed every scene. It was painful to watch! I kinda felt bad for the guy! I finally (thanks to Jer) saw the hidden Donald in the Indiana Jones Scene. In the final scene where they show all of the movie clips, they’ve added some new ones (Pirates finally made it in there!). Lara: They squeezed all of us into 1 row! While fun, it was a tight fit.

Now that we were “rested” we knew it was time for our wake up call! We made our way towards Tower of Terror & Rock N Roller Coaster. On the way there, everyone stopped at the pin station, while I went ahead to grab another white chocolate covered strawberry! I just love those things! Lara: I got my first ever “official” AP pins here today!

Just as we start to wait for RNR, it starts to rain again, but only long enough for me to pull my poncho out. By the time I got it on, it quit raining. Paul pulls another *magic* trick out of his hat and gets us all on the coaster by asking a CM for a couple of extra fast passes. Lara: Actually this kid came over and gave me 3 fast passes for 1:30, the fast passes we had just gotten were for 4:30pm. While trying to figure this all out – Paul, the super CM, goes over and gets us 3 more for 1:30pm, so that we could all ride together! Lara & I decide to grab the front car, so we’re not on the same train as the other 4, but I made sure to wave at them as their limo took off. Lara: The front car has more leg room – y’all know how tall Summer is. Some nice people let her up to the rail to wave at the rest of the group as they went by, RU PAUL!

After our limo ride, we decided it was time to check in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. It was Mandy & Nicole’s first time riding it. Nicole, Paul & I were in the front with Jerrame, Lara & Mandy sitting behind us. They both were really scared, but did awesome! We only waited about 20 minutes for the ride which was also great! Nicole: Can I just say, Mandy and I were pretty nervous! But everyone was brave. Poor Summer and Paul probably had red marks on their arms, I held them the entire time we were dropping on this ride! But I am glad I finally got to ride this, I can see why it is a favorite for so many! Just another great moment in my girls trip! Also, the picture of this coming of was priceless. If you haven’t done so yet, check out our photos page on this site-it really tells this story!

At this point, Paul & Mandy head to EPCOT for their dinner reservations, & we head towards Mama Melrose’s for ours. This was another first for me. The food was really good, but the atmosphere wasn’t anything special. Nicole: This was a first for me too, food was pretty good, and we had some nice deserts, which was cool!

Lara: Yeah, not really much in the theming, but the food was really good. And there was tons of it!

After leaving Mama’s, we went to Muppet Vision 3D which served as nap time for me, Jerrame & Nicole. Lara enjoyed the show. Lara: I still can’t believe they fell asleep during this. Heck, they even snoozed during the pre-show, as people were jamming in (it started raining again, they really were looking for cover), they kept stepping on me, and I was the one awake!! J Since it was getting close to Fantasmic time, we headed towards the front of the park. We got our dining package seats (which were really good) and only had to wait about 10 minutes before the show began. Everyone enjoyed the show. Lara: I love this show! We had some pretty good seats. Nicole and I split a churro – YUM! This was Nicole’s first time to see it. Nicole: I LOVED it! I had a terrible head cold and my body was begging for rest by this point, but the show was amazing!!!!! I must get the kids to see this soon!

"What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Day 4 Cont'

We all headed back to the room after leaving MGM. Nicole had to pack up her stuff to leave the next morning (sniff) and the rest of us had to rest a bit before heading back out to the Magic Kingdom.

I decided (for some unknown reason) to drive my car to the Magic Kingdom. That was such a huge mistake on my part! I have NO idea why I thought it would be any faster than the busses! So… I drive my car to the TTC parking lot where we take a tram to the monorail! While on the tram, we see Paul & Mandy walking towards the TTC. We meet up at the monorail station & are on our way to the Magic Kingdom (finally)! Lara: I had left my jacket in Paul’s car earlier that day – they forgot to bring it with them. It was getting CHILLY!!

While at the magic Kingdom, I decide to get another dole whip… because I can! We decided to ride the Jungle Cruise… in the dark! A definite first for me! Jer & I are on the very back of the boat & it is so dark behind the boat you can’t see anything! All of a sudden the water right next to where we’re sitting starts to bubble & I grab her & yell & she jumps pulling me with her & we both hit the ground laughing. The skipper didn’t know quite what to do. I don’t think she’d had that much excitement in a while! Lara: Once again, we are the attraction!!

So… it’s time for Pirates again. Paul – again being the wonderful guy he is- asked the CM if we could have our own boat. So, since there are 5 of us, we each have a row. I got the front cuz I’m the captain! Well, as we begin our sail Paul says, “When we go down the hill, everyone lay down.” I ask, “Why?” He responds, “Because you can!” Sounds like a good reason to me! So, as we’ve all got our feet stuck high in the air, I snap a priceless pic! Lara: Not sure why we did it, but man it was fun and still makes me giggle!!! Summer took an awesome picture – amazing since she couldn’t really see!

Now, we’re headed to tomorrowland where we hit the speedway. I decided to ride with Jer! I know she’s from New Jersey & all, but please take this warning… don’t ride with her! She can’t drive! Our car was so slow, Mandy kept bumping into us. It was a fun ride though! Lara: I was in the front car, as I took off (at an amazing speed of 2.2 miles per hour), I take the first curve and look behind me to see….NOT A DARN THING!! These girls were having issues….

Now, it’s closing time. We play behind the castle, taking funny pictures, just resting really, letting the crowds die down a bit. Lara:Time of the infamous acrobatics!! We make our way through Cinderella Castle where we take even more pictures. We were seriously the last people to leave the park! We said goodbye to Paul & Mandy & thanked them for a wonderful day! Lara: I spent some time in the Watches store with Paul and Mandy! I think we actually shut that place down, as I look out the window to see Jer and Summer….After we left the Store, all that was left on main street were the security team – we asked them to take a picture of us in Lou’s spot!!

We ride the tram back to my car in the freezing midnight air! Lara: Thank goodness I got my jacket from Paul’s vehicle at this time! On the way back to the hotel, I get lost! I somehow almost leave the property. Since there is no traffic, I just drive right through the median & bust a big U turn right before the big welcome gates! I finally make it back to the hotel with the help of Lara keeping an eye out for the signs. Jer passed out in the backseat before we were out of the parking lot! I was definitely ready to be at the hotel & in bed! Lara: Me too!!!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Day 5

Trip Report Day 5: Animal Kingdom- our last day

Through Summer’s Eyes: This day starts off really sad. I was still really tired from the night before & didn’t sleep well at all! I wake up to Nicole getting the last of her things ready to take to the car. She’s leaving which means our trip is officially ending. We all get up to tell her bye & see her off. Nicole: I was sad to leave, but I had such a bad cold and missed my kids at that point. And I knew you guys were going back to the parks so I wanted to get out of there. Sorry to say goodbye to my great new friends…..I look forward to reading about your last day without me…..there was probably less food involved once I was gone!!!

Lara: This was very sad, as it was a sure sign our trip was ending. It just would not be the same without all of us there!

The remaining 3 of us pack our stuff & make a long morning out of it. We decide to head to the Magic Kingdom first so Jer can see Aladdin & Jasmine before she has to leave. We headed strait to Agra bah & waited for them to participate in Cinderellabration. When they returned, Jer was ready for them. She ran over & hugged them both and with tears slowing falling down her face tattled on me & Lara for not letting her stop before now. They scolded both of us for it. They invited Jer to come stay with them for a while but we told them she couldn’t. . Nicole: I am so glad Jer got to see Jasmine, or I’d still be hearing about how I got to see Wendy and she didn’t get to see Jasmine….blah, blah, blah….

Lara: We did ask about Carpet, Al said he was getting his tassels rotated. We also passed on the TAG YOU ARE IT from Wendy and Peter a couple days before. We also met a FABULOUS CM here, well, it wasn’t our first time meeting here – she was awesome!!!

After saying goodbye to Aladdin & Jasmine, we headed to the Caribbean for a ride with some Pirates again J just for me & then to tomorrowland for one last ride on the TTA. While in tomorrowland, we see PUSH running around! I was so excited since I’d never seen him before! He came over to me & we exchanged names & then he asked me to show him my nails. I was mortified! I was wearing dark blue polish, but they’d chipped really badly so I was looking like trash myself! I couldn’t believe he pointed them out to everyone! Oh well, even so, I was still excited to have finally met him. Lara: I was blamed for shutting her hands in the car door – how else would her fingers be blue!?

We left Magic Kingdom and went to Animal Kingdom with a short detour at the Polynesian. Lara: Jer was happy that she got to see her home away from home. Once at the Animal Kingdom, we visited the Tree of Life & found out that it’s Tough to Be a Bug. After the show, we had to say goodbye to Jerrame. I was very sad to see my new soul sista leave through the crowds. I shouted one last “Ru Paul” to her as the tears started welling up in my eyes. Lara: Another really sad moment and I felt like a little girl, crying as we all walked away. Better hurry, the parade route was getting packed.

Now there were 2. We made our way through the parade crowd to the Kilimanjaro Safari. There was no one in line & it was actually kind of creepy! Lara: This was kinda weird, I have never been through this line when there was NO ONE there, well, except the stroller CM’s. Once we made it to our safari truck, we sat at the very back so we could take better pictures. Lara: I wish we had the truck all to ourselves, but we had to wait for others to join us. The lions were actually up & walking around, but there weren’t many other animals out at all. It was fairly late in the afternoon so it may have been feeding time. Once we arrived back safely from our safari we hung around to see the parade as it looped back through. Lara: This parade is so cute!! We got a lot of attention from the characters, and I do think Minnie spied Summer in the crowd. She better be careful! Animal Kingdom was getting ready to close, so we snapped a few more pictures before heading back to the room. Lara: Summer forgot to mention that we ran into Mickey as we were leaving – another chance to get our pictures taken with THE MAN!

We needed a “rest break” before going to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours that night. We decided to grab dinner at Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge. I’d never eaten here so didn’t know what to expect. For those of you who haven’t eaten here, you may want to skip the rest of this paragraph. Our server, humble Aly wasn’t the most polite girl around. She was constantly throwing napkins & straws at us, and yelling at us! She kept scolding me for not eating & coloring too much! Don’t even make me tell you what happened when I asked for a simple bottle of ketchup! Lara: I have eaten here before, but didn’t want to ruin it for Summer. I think she had a great time and we loved the food. Oh yeah, and getting to the Wilderness Lodge, that was interesting….the monorail was down and the boats were not running as it was too windy. The buses were backed up to the Contemporary. Then we had to wait awhile for the bus to the Lodge.

After dinner, we caught a bus back to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. It was really cold this night! We went to fantasyland & rode the teacups, Pooh, Dumbo (in the freezing cold), and Pirates one last time. On our way out of the park, we stopped and got one last dole whip. We saw a few of our pals hanging out at the hub, so we stopped to tell them bye. Goofy was so glad to see Lara they danced in the street & Pluto was sad to hear we were leaving already. We were sad too, but we promised we’d be back again, soon. . Nicole adds: Can we go back now?

Lara: Goofy was great, as Summer reminded him that I was his biggest fan! We danced, he kissed my hand and we got a great shot of us in front of the castle! Pluto was great too – Summer scratched behind his ears and I think he really needed that. I got him to pose by his statue! It was really sad to leave that night, as we waved goodbye to the Magic Kingdom – we will be back!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    great finish summer.... you guys had an awesome time i see...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Good job guys on your trip report and comments....Lara I forgot about the yummy churro!!!

So, I take it Jer was too busy to add her comments???
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Jer has been MIA!

As for our last day, it was checking out, being sad and sick. Shopping at Downtown Disney....I had lunch back at the resort and that is where Summer left me to drive home. I ate and then caught my Magicl Express back to the airport. I was so sad, sick and out of breath that the check in guy came onto the bus to make sure I was ok. That was sweet!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Jerrame better get back on her soon, before i catch up to her post...

wonderful report ladies, so very detailed....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I think you guys kinda forgot how day four ended and how you got back to your car from mine (after the tram thing)...but thats ok...I still got tears going from all the wonderful things you said about Mandy and me. We had such a great time and can't wait till next time.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Just in case y'all don't know - Paul is the back up stunt driver for Lights Motors Action!!!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Jer has been MIA!
    Spoke to Jer today she is alive and well....

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    AWW...what a GREAT compilation of the trip's stories. I loved how you put it together with everyone's input. I'm so glad I got to be a part of it and can't wait till next year...Paul and I are SOO there!!!!

PS...my avatar is what I looked like after riding EE and scaring Summer hehe

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Nicole-Paul clearly doesn’t like me, as he made me ride in the trunk. Just kidding, I fit fine back there, but it was like a roller coaster in itself!
    and I HAVE PROOF OF THIS!!

hehe

On a different note, you mentioned looking at the pics of us on ToT...where is the link to that??

I'm so confused (nothing new for me.)
    Last edited by PinkTink918; 03-25-2006 at 11:56 PM.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    I think you guys kinda forgot how day four ended and how you got back to your car from mine (after the tram thing)...but thats ok...I still got tears going from all the wonderful things you said about Mandy and me. We had such a great time and can't wait till next time.

Dude let just say if you ever lose your job at any post over at the MK you for sure have one over at MGM at Light Motor Actions

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay sorry people Miss Summer sent the report to an old email address so that why my comments were not added.

But everything she,Lara and Nicole said sums up our great trip. Paul and Mandy I miss you two so much can't wait to hang with you two again when I head back down.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Ok, here I am with Calvin!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast