Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DWT Girls WDW Trip: Magic, Magic, and more Magic! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, This is the trip report through Summer(4Mickey) & Lara (GARain)'s eyes. Jedi will add her thoughts to the thread. Trip Report- Day 1: As seen through Summer’s eyes: As ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Ok, This is the trip report through Summer(4Mickey) & Lara (GARain)'s eyes. Jedi will add her thoughts to the thread.

Trip Report- Day 1: As seen through Summer’s eyes:

As I’m pulling out of my driveway at 5 am, my cell phone rings, it’s Lara calling me to get me up & going. She’s on her way to the airport. It’s official, our trip is beginning…

Lara: The flight down was uneventful, but it was my first experience with Magical Express. It was kinda weird to not pick up my luggage but go straight to ground transportation and look for the CM’s with the Mickey hands. On a bus and I am on my way to Port Orleans, via Saratoga Springs (that place is NICE!). I check in, but the rooms are not ready – however, they did put me next to Nicole and our rooms are even ADJOINING!!! AWESOME! So, I call and check in with everyone to see their EAT (estimated arrival times). I then head to the Animal Kingdom. I know that this is not the others fav park, and I wanted to check out the Expedition Everest Situation. I never made it to Asia as the park was PACKED! There was a line to get a fast pass for the safari. I got one and walked toward the Maharajah Jungle Trek to see the Tigers. On my way I saw Devine! Then Summer calls, I start to head out to meet her – man, this place is HOT!

Fast forward to around 1:30. I’m just getting into Orlando. Jerrame is still at work (poor thing!) & Lara is wandering around in the heat at Animal Kingdom. As I pull into the Disney Property gates, my ipod (which is on a random playlist) puts the Mickey Mouse Club march on & I know this is the 1st sign that this trip is going to be AWESOME!!!

I drive straight to Epcot to get my annual pass but they won’t let me in w/o paying $9 to park. No thank you. So, I head over to DAK to see if they will let me in just to pick up Lara. They do! Thank you nice CM!!! I’m waiting in my car for Lara to walk up when I see someone walking out in jeans looking for someone in the taxi line. I start waving frantically for her to see me until I realize it’s not Lara! Oops! A minute later, the real Lara walks out of the gates of Animal kingdom. We drive over to EPCOT to get my pass & my dining card. Lara: Actually, we left property – not on purpose – and we got really sad. But driving back was just as cool! A few minutes later, we’re officially at WDW! We stop at my leave a legacy & say “hello”. Next stop: Spaceship Earth! We took bids on where we’d get stuck… we both lost. It didn’t stop at all! After that we made our way to the UK to grab some fish & chips. Lara: Since we had ADR’s for Le Cellier, I wasn’t sure if I would have a chance to get my fish and chips – I love that stuff! On the way there, we spotted Kenai & Koda & took some pics. After gutting my fish sticks (I’m not a huge fish fan) I feed the rest of my fries to the ducks. I love feeding the ducks! While we’re feeding the ducks, Nicole calls us to tell us she has arrived! We head towards to Main Gate, but I make Lara stop at the ice cream stand to get a mickey bar. While in line, Lara spots Nicole! Lara: I recognized the princess backpack (no, not a bookbag!). Because I’d spoken with Nicole tons on the boards & even ran around with her while she was killing folks, I figured we’d get along really great. As soon as she opened her mouth, her accent came out & my first thought was, “Whoa, she really is from up north!” 5 minutes later, the accent seemed to fade away & we were instant friends. We decided to grab another ride on Spaceship Earth (it didn’t stop that time either). After that, we hit Ellen’s Universe of Energy. It was Lara’s 1st time on that so it was a must see. Since Soarin’ had an 80 minute wait, we knew there was no way we’d make it. There was also a forever wait at Turtle Talk with Crush, but on our way in the Living Seas, we saw some beautiful Coral & Nemo “swimming” around outside. We peeked our curious heads in the Character Connection where we found…. MICKEY!!! It was the 1st time I’d seen him in a lonnng time, so I was happy. We also saw Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Max, Friar Tuck & Meeko. Lara: We all got our own photo passes here, but I think we all ended up with the same pictures on all of them. But what an awesome thing those are – LOVE IT!
    We called to check on the room & since it was ready, we decided to go officially check in to the Port Orleans Riverside Hotel. We bring our bags in & give the room a look over. It was really beautifully laid out! Lara had a corner room with big plantation home windows. The coke machine by our room was really pretty too! It had Cinderella Castle & Tink on it. JLara: Yes, I took a picture of the Coke Machine.Now that we were settled, we got ready to head out to the Magic Kingdom! We walk in & make our way to the hub. The crowds really weren’t too bad. We decided to try our luck with walking in at the Crystal Palace. We were in luck! We only had to wait like 10 minutes. This was my first time at the Crystal Palace. Lara: Mine too! I enjoyed it! Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore & Piglet came over to see us. Eeyore was excited to see Lara’s sweatshirt with his pic plastered on it, but the character greeter told us not to let Tigger see it- he would get mad! Lara: I think Nicole was excited to see Pooh! The food was good and they have GREAT deserts. The kid’s parade around the restaurant is cute! After dinner, we made our way back down main street which was a little more crowded because the Spectromagic parade had started. We were standing in front of the Emporium when Jerrame arrived! It was official- we were all there! It was wonderful. Jer did let us all know how badly she was sufferin’ by slummin’ it in a moderate resort. She’d never had to take a bus to the magic kingdom before! Poor thing! We went to get me a hat since I’d accidentally left my Mickey ears at home! (1st time I’d ever been there w/o them!!!) I decided to go with the Pirate’s hat with “Captain Summer” embroider on it. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the extra cost to do that. LLara: I got some ears for my mom, I have to say I don’t like that extra charge either! L
    It was VMK Central next. Boy- we had no idea! There was a little boy in there who knew who Jer & Tampa/Ranch was & begged his parents to let him stay another day to meet him (Tampa). She was so excited… it was like she had her own little fan club in there! We enjoyed that show!

Once Wishes started, I was finally able to drag them out of there. Lara: Them? Don’t include me in that, I would MUCH rather watch Wishes! Once again, I cried watching the fireworks over the castle *sigh*.

After WISHES, we hit Peter Pan’s Flight since we knew Nicole was dying to see her hero. There wasn’t much of a wait, so it was nice. Lara: We had fun trying to take pictures of each other on this ride. We ran across the street to hit “it’s a small world” again with no wait. We sang the whole ride through! Next, it was the Haunted Mansion. Lara & I were riding together & Nicole reached out & grabbed Lara’s arm. She screamed which scared me. That was the 1st time I was really “scared” in the HM! Lara: Me too! On the way out, we checked out the ring. Very cool! We also overheard a kid say he saw “Mr. Toad’s” tombstone in the Pet Cemetery, but we didn’t go back to check it out, so that’s something the next guest can look for.

The 2nd parade was starting up about this time & since Nicole had never seen any parades, we decided to sit & watch it. We were the only ones watching it so we got lots of waves & attention. Peter Pan saw my Pirate hat & ran up to me & asked me if I was a good pirate or a bad pirate. I (of course) said I was a good pirate & he gave me a high five! We enjoyed watching the parade “by ourselves”. We caught the bus back to the resort & on the way back, people were staring at us because we were “those people”. We were only starting our fun! It was a long day so needless to say… we crashed pretty easily!

Stay Tuned for Day 2...
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Wonderful trip report Summer.... keep on writing keep on writing, you can do it, gooooo summer
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It doesn't sound like you had enough fun. You better go back and try it again.

just wait... it gets better & better... but I think you're right... We better try it one more time!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    You know, this trip might just have been lucky. Who knows what the next trip could hold!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    great report!

wish it wasn't over...
    Me too! Tampa, we had a great time with you-but I realized I had promised you and Summer both a and didn't ever get you one! Next time, I promise...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Great job on the report so far, guys! Love reading about all that I missed too: Some comments, my notes are in pink:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    After that we made our way to the UK to grab some fish & chips. Lara: Since we had ADR’s for Le Cellier, I wasn’t sure if I would have a chance to get my fish and chips – I love that stuff!

***Lara-I love the fish and chips too! Next time, we can get this together..

, Lara spots Nicole! Lara: I recognized the princess backpack (no, not a bookbag!). Because I’d spoken with Nicole tons on the boards & even ran around with her while she was killing folks, I figured we’d get along really great. As soon as she opened her mouth, her accent came out & my first thought was, “Whoa, she really is from up north!” I have an accent? I'm a Yankee....I think you guys had the accent, and it was cool!!

Jer did let us all know how badly she was sufferin’ by slummin’ it in a moderate resort. She’d never had to take a bus to the magic kingdom before! Poor thing!

Yes, our spoiled little Jedi Princess..

It was VMK Central next. Boy- we had no idea! There was a little boy in there who knew who Jer & Tampa/Ranch was & begged his parents to let him stay another day to meet him (Tampa). She was so excited… it was like she had her own little fan club in there! We enjoyed that show! (I am not in to VMK, but this was the first time I realized what a big deal this is for some of our DWT members-it was cool, cuz I found out we know a couple of VMK celebrities!

Once Wishes started, I was finally able to drag them out of there. Lara: Them? Don’t include me in that, I would MUCH rather watch Wishes! Once again, I cried watching the fireworks over the castle *sigh*. Wishes rocked!
    After WISHES, we hit Peter Pan’s Flight since we knew Nicole was dying to see her hero. There wasn’t much of a wait, so it was nice. Thanks for doing this, guys! It was awesome!
    Next, it was the Haunted Mansion. Lara & I were riding together & Nicole reached out & grabbed Lara’s arm. She screamed which scared me. That was the 1st time I was really “scared” in the HM! Lara: Me too! That was cool-thanks for being a good sport, ladies!

We caught the bus back to the resort & on the way back, people were staring at us because we were “those people”. What fun that was! I am not used to being in a group that is the center of attention, but see, we were having so much fun, others got a kick out of it, I think
    Stay Tuned for Day 2...
    Can't wait to read more, guys, awesome job so far!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I never got one of these and didn't realize it until I was on the plane home - that stinks. I made up for it with 3 dole whips though. (Hey Joey, where is our Whip Icon?).

And Nicole, you and me, fish and chips!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

yes, the fish & chips is all you! I'll take a fry or two for the duckies! hee hee

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    I never got one of these and didn't realize it until I was on the plane home - that stinks. I made up for it with 3 dole whips though. (Hey Joey, where is our Whip Icon?).

And Nicole, you and me, fish and chips!!!
    Yes, we'll have some fish and chips...and for desert, a ok, Lara! Summer, how about a for the ducks....

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I'm jealous!!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    sarathegreat I'm with you - i'm so jealous...

Waiting patiently for the rest of the trip report, and pictures... hint hint.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Day 2 (sorry for the delay)

Trip Report Day 2

Through Summer’s Eyes: It’s our first full day at WDW! We have to get up rather early because we have our first tour of the trip: Dolphins in the depth. Jerrame has already taken this tour & raved about it, but the rest of us were newbies. So… since epcot is opening at 9, we were at guest relations at 8:45 am. I ask the nice CM where to meet for the tour & she points to an umbrella & says, “Meet here at 9:45”. I tell the gals what she says & we all assume she just meant 8:45. We were wrong! After having 3 different CMs tell us 3 different places to go, we finally found someone who confirmed we didn’t have to be there till 9:45! So, into the park we went. Lara: Frustrating to get 3 different answers from 3 different CM’s. And just so y’all know, our bags were WELL CHECKED by the time we went into the park.

Nicole adds: (This was a bummer start to our day, but that’s ok-I just wish we hadn’t gotten three different answers from three different CM’s!)

Well, the first place we headed was Soarin’. It was like getting herded by cowboys. Lara: MOO! We made our way down to the Soarin’ Fast Pass kiosks & grabbed our FPs. We jumped on Livin’ with the Land since there was no wait. I took a pic of the record producing tomato tree. After The Land we booked it back to the front of the park for our tour. The group was already waiting for us. (oops).

There were 7 of us total in the group. Us, a mom & her daughter & a lady named Ellen who was down for a horse training session. It was a pretty good group, but we were definitely the life of the tour (go figure!). Nicole adds: People could not believe we met online and were doing this-but they could see we were having a blast, for sure!

Our two instructors were very nice. We were able to meet “the boys” in their tanks. We saw them get weighed & watched a video on dolphin training. Lara: I liked it that they taught us a lot about dolphins before throwing us into the tank with them.

While they were parading us around the living seas, we passed a room with a box full of snacks. This was the first time I learned that Nicole & I shared another common love: Food! Adds Nicole: I knew I had a kindred spirit in Summer when despite the fact that we were about to climb in a dolphin tank, the most exciting thing to us was the idea of food! We made our way to a little room for a safety session. This little briefing was interesting because we learned that the most common “animal” attack in the water is by dolphins but the victims are too embarrassed to report it. We even saw a lady getting her hand shredded on video! (what an idiot by the way!) Our instructor went as far to tell us if she was in a burning boat & she had the option to jump into a pool of sharks vs. a pool of dolphins- it was sharks all the way! It was really nice of them to tell us all of this before we got in the water with them! Adds Nicole: I must say, we were a bit freaked out by this-but I think the dolphins were great, wonderful animals…After the video session, we got changed into our wet suits. Lara: These are not the most attractive things. If you have rolls, they will show!!! We had to take off all of our jewelry (wedding bands & belly rings & all!) The 4 of us were in a group with Calvin the Dolphin. Our Trainer’s name was Dave & he was awesome! He graduated from the same school I did- Go Troy!!!

Calvin was such an awesome dolphin. He let us pet him & rub him down & feel his tail. He was also kind enough to do some tricks just for us! That was pretty awesome! We were a little nervous when a couple of brave fish made their way into the tank with us. Lara: They were nervous, fish don’t bother me. The edge of the place where we were standing however…. Not to mention the rouge dolphin that wasn’t behaving! I really enjoyed taking my picture with him. He was resting on my leg & was quite heavy! I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone who in interested in dolphins!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

cont'

After taking some pics with our instructors, the tour was officially over. They let us go out through the Living Seas- which put us right at the Land. Lara: The queue for Turtle Talk was just as long or if not longer than when we checked it out the day before. That is a total bummer, cause it is a cute show! We were all defiantly hungry by now, so we grabbed some grub in the Land Gill (I don’t know what it’s called…). Adds Nicole: Is it still sunshine seasons food fair? I don’t know, but I liked the food choices a lot!

Lara: I could have sworn I had eaten here before, but I guess not. That or they changed the menu. I did not like anything they served, so a nice Rice Krispy treat for me – yum! But man, it was hard to save a table in that place, this kid tried to take one of my chairs and I snapped at him. The thing was he didn’t even ask, just grabbed it as he walked by. I don’t think so!

This is where we were supposed to meet Tampa for the first time. We’re all sitting around wondering if we’d spot him pretty easily. We did, & it wasn’t difficult. Here comes a tall dude sporting the DWT tee & shades resting on his shaved head. There was no way we could have missed him. Lara: Yeah, he kinda stands out in a crowd! I think I was the only one he didn’t “know” really from the boards. He sits down for a sec to say hello to all of us. We already had our food. Lara wasn’t crazy about their selection, so she chose to have a small desert (which looked really good). Nicole had a chicken Caesar salad & Jer & I split a Chinese dish. Joey ended up getting a chicken Caesar salad as well. We very quickly made our dishes “community dishes” & were eatin’ each others lunches. Hmmm, no wonder we’re all sick now! After I “officially” introduced myself to Joey, there was no more Tampa- it was just Joey. Adds Nicole: I think it took about 30 seconds for all of us to feel like Joey was part of our Girls group-in the nicest way possible!-btw-you all seemed to love my salad! Sorry about sharing my cold!

After lunch, the gals knew it was time to take flight on Soarin’. Since Joey didn’t have a FP, he waited for us outside. This was an awesome ride for a few reasons: 1. It was Lara’s first flight; 2. It was the 1st time I’d had a “top” seat; & 3. It was the 1st time I was brave enough to lean forward a little bit (again, the whole heights thing). We were all really happy that Lara liked it as much as we did! ! Adds Nicole: We waited to be able to have the front seat, and it was awesome! I am glad Lara enjoyed this ride, it is an absolute fav of mine-just wish Joey could have “Soared” with us.

Lara: Really liked it. Glad we got to ride in the front with no feet dangling in front of us. It is a great ride; I do wish that the transition between scenes was a little smoother. But lots of fun and great to have a FAST PASS!!!!

We walked out of the land to find Joey waiting for us. We walked to Mission:Space where Jer, Joey & Lara decided to visit Mars while Nicole & I spent a few minutes in Mouse Gears & sittin’ outside. Lara: I had only ridden this using the single rider line, but the wait was so short we went through the regular queue. It was nice being something other than the navigator and we had a newbie on the ride with us. We crashed on Mars, but somehow made it back to Earth safely to meet back up with Nicole and Summer.

Oh- The first night, Nicole bought all of us some “Bling Bling” MM clips & since Joey was now officially our “man ho” Nicole bought him some too. Lara: A hair clip, and since Joey has a shaved head…. well, he does have a goatee…

I was still sportin’ my Cap’t Summer Hat & a CM in Mousegears noticed I didn’t have a Pirate pin, so he gave me a limited edition Hook pin that’s no longer available. I was really happy about that! Kudos to him!

When the rest of our group safely landed, we grabbed our FPs for Test Track & headed towards the World Showcase.

We started in Mexico where we rode El Rio Del Tiempo. I just love that ride! Adds Nicole-Joey was hollering in a distinctly Mexican-style thru this ride, past the restaurant…we had a fun time on our “River of Time” ride, for sure!

(See, I’m glad you added that, I’d forgotten about that already!)

Lara: Again, we provided some entertainment for everyone there. What noise do people from Norway make, Joey? After leaving the marketplace, Joey bought me & Jer a fiesta Margarita. I think I had most of it… Jer wasn’t crazy about the flavors.

After that, it was Malestrom (or MALE-STORM as Jer calls it).

We found the hidden mickey’s in the mural on the wall- which was cool! We’re (of course) havin’ a blast on this ride. As we’re backing up to go down the “waterfall” we notice a guy taking a pic of us in the boat! After the ride, we are ushered into the store (no option for the movie) where we see the guy again. We all pose in front of the troll & ask him to take a pic of us and he does… with his camera. ?!?!?! Adds Nicole-we screamed out way thru this ride as well, pretending like we all really thought we were falling out of the back of the boat-enough so, a tourist from the ground below the ride snapped out picture as our boat backed out of that entrance of the ride-he showed the photo to us later-we are an “attraction” in ourselves, aren’t we?

Lara: My first time on this ride as I don’t do “water rides”, as in ones that you could possibly get wet on. But it was cute and I think our “antics” made it more fun!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

final page...

That was enough Norway for us, so now it’s getting close to our PS time at Le Cellier so we make our way towards China where we are stopped by the bridge. Lara: I had suggested going the other way around, seemed shorter to me. But, noooooo. The bridge was raised to allow the barges to pass through. I’d never seen this before. So… 20 minutes later, we’re afraid we’re running a little late. We rush right past the rest of the countries… including Morocco where Jasmine, Aladdin & Genie were signing autographs. We didn’t let Jer stop. LLara: In fact, I think we actually had to pick her up and carry her away. We felt awful once we got to Canada because we ended up having to wait almost 45 minutes! Lara: we were told that our table was being bussed – for 45 minutes???? I wasn’t crazy about this dinner. I ordered a shrimp appetizer for everyone that no one ate. LLara: I don’t eat shrimp! I love the bread, but the steaks were way too much money & weren’t very big either! Oh well. We were loud enough & had enough fun to make up for the poor meal. Adds Nicole-the meal wasn’t great-we had fun, maybe it was an off night, but the highlight for me was cutting up poor, hurt Joey’s steak-felt like I had one of my kids along!

After dinner… we headed back to Future World to take a ride on Test Track!

We hopped on Test Track with virtually no line thanks to our FP’s. Totally Fun as usual! We left TT & ventured to Spaceship Earth one last time. This time, Lara won the bet! Lara: Always stops when you are going backwards! At least for me. Hey, what do I get for winning that bet? By now it was getting late & Nicole was feeling the effects of the day & her head cold so she & Jerrame went back to the room. . Adds Nicole: I was feeling sick, and it was about 8p.m….but I must confess-Jer and I watched Dancing with the Stars in the room before we went to sleep! Joey, Lara & I walked over to Imagination Pavilion to see Figment, but it was already closed. We grabbed a spot for illuminations & waited for the show. Joey had a nice comfy spot in the bushes until they asked him to come “back over the fence”.

Lara & I rode the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom with Joey & caught a bus back to our resort. Lara: We did catch the tale end of Wishes while on the monorail, so that was nice. I think I fell asleep in the bus, but I can’t be sure. It was late enough for it to start to become a blur.

All in all… another great day!

PS- this is the day where RuPaul was born! Lara: Viva NePal! (and hey, they even had a sign on the Everest ride for NePal!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast