Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Tours in the Vacation Planning forums; What did you think of the tour you have taken !! tell all that you are allowed to tell!!...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Talking Tours

What did you think of the tour you have taken !!

tell all that you are allowed to tell!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

ihave taken the Keys to the kingdom tour

it was awesome
    we got a pin from it

wesaw the utilidor
    (go see the thread in secrets of WDW about that)

we rode some rides and learned how they did it
    why they had special meanings to Uncle Walt

and here is ALOT more to tell but i'm getting tired of typing
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We took the Animal Kingdom behind the scenes tour. Some of it stole a little bit of the magic because you see the areas backstage and they look a lot like a zoo you might see in your home town. However, seeing the areas where the food was prepared, talking to the elephant and hippo handlers and actually petting a rhino was awesome.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Is the 7hour tour worth it?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

i don't know
    but i'd l;ike to take it

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    we're booked on Keys to the Kingdom for our upcoming trip. I'm definitely excited. I'll let ya know what I thought after, but my prediction is that it'll be good.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Tours taken by me and the Family:

Keys to the Kingdom tour - I loved it!!! I enjoyed getting to see the Utilidors and alot of the behind the scenes stuff - they used to also take you onto the HM through the Servants Quarters entrance which was really awesome to see - it is amazing how much story detailing Disney does behind the scenes as well!!!

Behind the Seeds tour in The Land: Not really my cup of tea - I have a black thumb. Although learning about all the ways they grow the plants in the Land was pretty educating. My son loves the boat ride (he's 6) so we really did the tour for him - basically you walk through the greenhouses that the boats travel - something different to do - and not that expensive!!

Around The World At EPCOT - Segway Tour: This was so much fun!!! You get lessons on how to operate the Segway in a private room with ramps and then after your lesson is over - you get to take the Segway out into World Showcase before it is opened to the public - I had a bit of difficulty with my knees and lower back - so I had to opt out of the World Showcase half of the tour (which I was refunded for) But if I had the chance, I would definitely try it again.

The Magic Behind the Steam Train: The boys did this tour - and being big train buffs enjoyed it very much. Each participant received an actual spike that was pulled from the track (I am not sure they still give these out - recently the tour yeilded a pin)

AquaSeas Tour in Living Seas: My Husband and Father-in-Law did this tour, and both loved it. SCUBA certificate is not necessary for this tour, because you are only just in the water and not actually diving. They both enjoyed it alot - and this experience made my Hubby want to do the DiveQuest tour (see below)

DiveQuest in Living Seas: I did not participate in this tour - but I had a blast watching my Hubby swim around in the Living Seas!!! What an experience. If I remember correctly, after a short instructional meeting with Living Seas Cast - the dive team was given a guided tour all through the tanks. Each participant was given the opportunity to have their picture taken in the Airlock you have seen within the tanks. After the guided dive - participants were told to buddy up with another diver and then were allowed to freely explore the tanks for about 15 minutes. Let's just say that there were some people eating in Coral Reef that my Hubby put a show on for!! LOL He loved this experience, and is most likely going to do this again. Tour was not cheap but well worth the cost!!

That is my little tour review - I suggest taking as many tours as you can - there is so much to learn and experience.
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 03-31-2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Keys to the Kingdom: I had a lot of fun on this tour and even though I was by myself, the whole group was great. It was great to be backdoored onto some rides - including Pirates and HM! Seeing behind the scenes was awesome for a Disney lover like myself. Our guide was very knowledgeable and anwered all "off stage" questions.

Dolphins in Depth: No diving or swimming experience needed - just a love of learning and dolphins. The tour was a little over 3 hours and we spent about 40 minutes in the water with the dolphins. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about dolphins that I never knew before.

Mickey's Magical Milestones: The is a quick and easy tour through the Magic Kingdom and we had a great time. You get to go through the history of the Mouse and Walt, while visiting certain spots in the MK. We did get to see Mickey at his house in ToonTown! We also saw Mickey's Philharmagic with our guide pointing out the hidden Mickeys to us before hand. That, and we are now honorary Mouseketeers - we have our own Mouse ears to prove it!

Behind the Seeds: Ok, I haven't actually taken this tour yet. Mom and I are scheduled to take it on our Flower and Garden Festival trip. Will let you know what I think when we are back.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!