Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lara's quick weekend trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Part 1: Cast of Characters: Me, Lara, the Trip reporter and Disney fanatic Mom, Lynne, the one being drug along, willingly, though Dad, Robert, a last minute add due to ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Lara's quick weekend trip

Part 1:

Cast of Characters:

Me, Lara, the Trip reporter and Disney fanatic

Mom, Lynne, the one being drug along, willingly, though

Dad, Robert, a last minute add due to my “injury”

Why?

For the Flower and Garden Festival of course. That, and I now have an annual pass burning a hole in my wallet – what better excuse can you need? Actually, I did want to try to go down when my friend Summer was going – that didn’t work out. Then, my other friend Amber told me she was going at the end of April – unfortunately, not the weekend I wanted to go! Why that particular weekend? NELSON!!! I have been a big fan of these guys since the big hair days….I just love them! So, I beg my mom, we ask my dad and now we have plans and are going!!!

Lodging:

I made reservations for us at Pop Century – this is gonna be a bare bones trip, spending is limited! I have stayed here one night, but the last time my mom saw it, it was being built during our Spring Training trip, and we saw it as we drove to the Wide World of Sports. Unfortunately, no AP discounts on this weekend either – bummer! So, 2 nights booked at Pop, no special anything.

Tickets:

I already am an AP holder, so no need to worry about that for me. My mom, however, wants to buy the minimum she can get away with. We stopped by the Disney store, and I was really hoping they sold those 10-day park hopper no expiration passes, but alas, they do not. The most they have is the 7-day, and I don’t think that would cover this trip and our trip planned in November (we really want to see the Christmas displays!). So I convince her that the AP is the best bet, and hey, it will be good until next April.

Meals:

Like I said, bare minimum. Since we are driving, we will bring some breakfast items with us. Will eat at QSD (quick service dining) for most of the time. I did tell Mom that she should pick one sit down place for us to eat – anywhere. I sent her to AllEarsNet.com to check out their section on dining. If you don’t know about this site, what is wrong with you? Debbie has all the menus from EVERYWHERE on Disney property! I told mom to look it over and pick something she wanted to try. I was expecting Boma or something like that. But she called me at work and was all flustered! “Are you kidding me? I didn’t know there were this many places to eat at Walt Disney World!? Tell you what, I just want a character meal – you pick it out!”. It is not like I did not tell my family about options when planning our last family trip – I think they just tune me out half the time when I start talking Disney World. Well, I look through everything and I ended up picking the Garden Grill. Lunch with Farmer Mickey should be great. On our last family trip, I took everyone to breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. Mom ended up seated in the corner and got no character interaction. That is all she wanted. I think we can do this. I also think she will like the place as it looks over The Land and rotates as well. Kaitlin, my niece, is very jealous!!

Other Plans:

My mom had heard me talk about the tours I had been able to take on other trips. She sounded interested, so I started looking into some tours – mainly at Epcot. Since it was the Flower and Garden Festival, I thought we should take the Behind the Seeds tour. I booked this for the 2 of us before lunch scheduled at The Garden Grill. This way, after a walking tour, we wouldn’t have far to go for our lunch reservation.

The only other real “plans” on this trip was to spend as much time in World Showcase as I could. I really wanted to explore. But I really wanted to try to catch as many Flower Power shows as I could.

I even bought some stuff for my scrapbook in preparation for the pictures from this trip. I plan to have a few pages focuses on just the countries in the World Showcase. I bought stickers for London, Mexico and France. Not many other options though….

The Tuesday before:

I woke up at 4am with pain shooting from my neck down my right arm. I just sat up, rubbing it and hoping it would feel better. Pretty soon, I was in so much pain, all I could do was sit there and cry. My mom got up when she heard me and tried to rub my neck for me too, but nothing was helping. I called into work, and then called my Doctor’s office. I went in at 11am, in excruciating pain. They prescribed some meds for me and did this hot treatment on my shoulder. I thought everything would be fine and I would be back at work the next day.

In the meantime, Dad had decided that we should drive down Thursday after work and stop halfway and get a room for the night. So Mom started some web searches on hotels in Tifton and Valdosta. We really didn’t find anything that worked.

Wednesday was worse, I called the Doctor’s office and asked if there wasn’t something they could give me just for the pain. Nope, they sent me to the hospital for x-rays. I have to say that this was one of the most painful experiences in my life – as I almost passed out on the floor as these women moved my arm and neck around to get the shots they needed.

By Thursday, I was no better, and I was sent back for more x-rays as I was “uncooperative” the day before. Dad had been telling us that we were not going to make this trip. I was determined, so he said he was going too. Well, fine.

Thursday afternoon was spent in the ER. Yup, the emergency room. They gave me pain pills, different meds and blood pressure medicine, as my BP was 168/108 by that time. Wow, I was in pain, couldn’t they notice that? We weren’t leaving that night.

We decided we would get up super early Friday to take off. I did try to call Pop Century to see if we could get an extra room – 3 grown adults in 1 room really wasn’t going to work. They said they did not have any available, but to check again when we check in to see if anyone had canceled.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Part 2:

Day 1 – Friday

Up at 4am, and I am packed and ready to go. I think we hit the road around 5:30ish. I was still not feeling well and my arm really hurt. It was hard to find a position in the car to sit where I was even slightly comfortable. Dad was driving and we made it pretty far before we stopped for breakfast at a Waffle House. I had to eat to take all my medicine, but all week, food was tasting funny to me. This wasn’t too bad. We ate and then hopped back into the car. After that I was able to rest some. We made one more stop before reaching WDW – the Welcome Station into Florida. Got some yummy orange juice and picked up the park schedules for the weekend we would be there.

We finally reach Pop Century a little after noon. We were able to check in, but our room wasn’t ready. We checked on another room and none were available, but there was one for the next night. The girl checking us in was very nice and put a hold on this room (or so we thought). And because of my injury, she made sure to put us in the 50’s section so that we were not far from the main building.

We decided to grab lunch in the food court at Pop Century, it was well after 1pm now and I think it had calmed down some. I got the parmesan chicken, dad got a meatball sandwich and mom got some lowmein with shrimp – pretty varied! They both loved theirs, but I thought my chicken wasn’t cooked all the way through. Ugh. By the time we finished eating, checked out the store and pressed some pennies, I called the # to see if our room was ready, and it was.

We head to our room in the 50’s building, right off the parking lot and on the other side of one of the pools. Not a bad location. We dropped off our stuff and discussed our options. I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom to ride Pirates before it closed again – oh yeah, and also get a Dole Whip!!! So, we park at Epcot, since that is where we will end up later that day, and we take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. The skies were getting pretty dark as we headed in. We stopped at the Watches store to get our pictures in “Lou’s Spot” (check out disneyworldtrivia.com). And then we were off to Pirates. Decided to get my Dole Whip after we rode.

I didn’t really notice too many changes to the ride after the short rehab. But when we came out it was POURING!!! We made our way over to the Tiki Room, cutting through some stores. I suggested we go in and watch the birds sing, and maybe the rain would stop while we were in there. Yup, we were not that lucky (Dad skipped the show).

We did make it over to the Dole Whip window and I ordered my vanilla pineapple swirl float – yeah, she got it wrong, but dad said he would eat it. Mom and I got the correct ones and enjoyed our treats in this little covered alcove with some other people getting out of the rain. I was pretty stupid and sat on the ground to eat, and after I couldn’t get up. Really sad, my mom had to help because I couldn’t use my right arm. Oh yeah, and a duck came in to visit with everyone getting out of the rain – it was really cute.

The only other thing we really wanted to do while at MK was see Mickey’s Philharmagic. So, we cut over towards Liberty Square, and turned right, cutting behind the castle into Fantasyland and went over to Philharmagic.

We only had a few minutes before the show, so I tried to remember where all the Hidden Mickey’s were that I learned about during our Mickey’s Magical Milestones tour. We all enjoyed the show, although we had to stop in the store for mom to rub my neck, as I couldn’t move it at all.

We couldn’t cut through the castle as I think they were set up for Cinderellabration – I still haven’t seen that. We cut around the side of the castle and mom got to enjoy looking at the Rose Garden while I took a few castle shots from new angles.

Heading towards MainStreet, I decided to stop at First Aid to see if a sling would help me at all. At least it may keep people from running into my arm – or so I thought.

We left the Magic Kingdom and decided to take the Ferry back over to the TTC.

It was really getting cold and the rain was drizzling again, and that sling on my arm was doing nothing but hurting my neck – so it was off!

We took the monorail back to Epcot and Dad went to the car to grab my jacket and get the camera while Mom and I went into Epcot to get to the World Showcase in time to see the Nelson’s play. We know he walks faster than we do, so he will catch up. We took the Friendship boat over to Morocco and realized that I had the times wrong; they went on at 7pm and not 7:15pm.

Oh well, we got to see the last couple of songs. And then I learned that you had to stand in line to get seats for the next show as they emptied the place out. I got in line and Mom and Dad went to get some food.

I was able to get a seat not too far back – about 3rd row – on the far right, facing the stage. Talked to some people in line that were very nice. They opened up the row in front of us and mom and I moved up there. Hard to eat the fish and fries while sitting there. Plus, I learned that I couldn’t take pictures. Oh not because you were not allowed to, but because I couldn’t hold my right hand up. And forget about trying to take them with the left hand, that wasn’t gonna happen. So, no taking a video of the show either – bummer.

The show was good, a mix of their dad’s and their own songs. Gunnar did not come over to our side of the stage and by the end, my arm was really hurting. Earlier the keyboard player had told me that they would come out and sign stuff after the show. Well, he was wrong. I had this picture from the first time I met them back in 1990!!! Well, they ran overtime and they were clearing us out of the theatre since it is a fall out zone for the fireworks…

It was too late to get a good view of Illuminations, but I really didn’t care. I was hurting, I was tired and I didn’t get to talk to Mathew and Gunnar. Mom and Dad sat down and I tried to find a place to prop my arm. Afterwards, we started walking towards the front by way in the bridge and through the UK. I needed some water bad and finally found a coffee place near Canada.

We go to the trams that take you to the parking lot. We get a seat on one and get ready to get to our car. Well, turns out that the trams at Epcot don’t really go that far. We had to walk THROUGH one lot and to the other end to get to where our car was parked. What is the point of these trams if they only stop at the lots closest to the entrance? This really ticked me off.

Back in the room I iced down my arm some until midnight when mom and I went back to the desk to see about the other room. I thought this would be easy, but I found out otherwise.

The CM who had helped earlier had put a note on our room, but this CM said she didn’t understand it. After going back and forth for nearly 30 minutes, she finally put a reserve on a room and told us to come back the next day to check in. This was one of the most frustrating situations I have had to deal with at WDW.

Back in the room, I tried to sleep, but the pain in my arm was just bad. I had called for a wake up call at 7:30am.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, ready for the rest!!! It is helping get my disney fix!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Thanks for the trip report! Is your arm feeling better or did you get someone to type for you.
    Maggie

Arm is still bad...that is why it has taken me so long. Typing a little bit each day. Will have the rest soon....

Day 2 – Saturday (part 1)

I was up before the alarm – oh, who am I kidding, I was never really asleep. Got up, took a shower and got ready for the day. Today was to be an all Epcot day, our tour, our lunch and hopefully some Soarin’. I wanted us to be there close to park opening.

But pretty soon we were all up and I wanted to go and check in. We dove up to the front and I ran in while my dad ran in and filled his resort mug with coffee. Now I know I have the room, and I have the card to call and check on the status later today. We are off to Epcot, but not there before the gates opened.

We are instructed to drive all the way down and park in the furthest lot from the entrance to the parking lot, but at this time, since we are all fresh, it is not too much of a walk to the entrance of Epcot. We make it through bag check and I direct my parents over to The Land. Some ladies were walking near us and kept asking each other where that flying ride was – I told them to just follow us.

We head into The Land and it is crowded, but not insane like it was last time I was here in February. I head straight for the fastpass machines for Soarin’ and we get some for later. Then, after seeing that the standby time was only 20 minutes, we got in line. I don’t think it even took us that long. Pretty soon we were soaring over California (2nd row), and my parents loved it. After getting off the ride, I went in search of the check in for our tour. Dad found it before I did, over by the entrance to Soarin’.

We had to wait a little while before the start of the tour, so mom and dad got some breakfast, I just got water. A little restroom stop and we sat and waited for the rest of the tour to show. There were only 2 other people in our group, a mother and her daughter who was maybe 11 years old. I don’t remember the name of our tour guide, she was very nice though. We put on our nametags and headed BACKSTAGE!!

Once back in the gardens we were shown some of the stations where they count bugs – yup, actually count insects, what a tedious job. She then took us through the whole Living with the Land ride – backwards. We saw how they grow all kinds of things and actually got to touch and taste some of it! We also were given a tube of ladybugs to set free on some of the plants. It was an interesting tour, to see things from the other side, even watching the boats pass by as we walked through – waving and smiling at us.

I was able to get some good pictures of the mickey and Cinderella pumpkins, but the award winning tomato plant was not longer there, he had gotten sick and passed away – AWWWWW.

After the tour, we used our fastpasses to ride Soarin’ again. This time we got into the front row!! In the middle, no less!!! So, we had another great ride and then headed upstairs to The Garden Grill.

Once we checked in we were given a beeper, so we took a seat and I rested my arm, I was really aching at this time. We waited maybe 15 minutes and the beeper went off and we were seated in the upper section. I was kinda bummed about that, as you don’t have that great a view of The Land from here. But my parents were both ok with it. I put my mom on the outside seat so that the characters would have the most reaction with them. Our waitress seemed very busy, but nice. I did tell her to go ahead and bring the kids plate too. If you don’t know, this is a family serve style, all-you-can-eat restaurant. I really don’t like anything that is on the menu, but this one was for my mom and it was totally up her alley.

Mom and Dad really enjoyed the catfish and the veggies, and ended up getting another plate with these items, as well as the cheesy potatoes. I enjoyed my mickey mac-n-cheese and chicken fingers. We also had a great time as pretty much all of the characters made it around at least twice. Mom got some great hugs and Dad even got some high fives and fist punches from Pluto and Chip!!! We had a great lunch. Cute thing was, our waitress brought the kid’s desert out to me as well – decorate your own cupcake! I had a good time with this and mom even took a picture of me icing my cupcake!

Saturday (part 2)

After lunch we left The Land and headed over to The Living Seas. We wanted to check out Turtle Talk with Crush. We got there and the place was PACKED!!! This thing needs a fastpass or something. I haven’t been in here once lately when the whole place wasn’t filled with the queue for Turtle Talk! So we left there and headed out back to the front of the park.

We stopped at Spaceship Earth trying to convince Mom that it was not a roller coaster. She had actually never been on this, and this amazes me. So, since the line was nothing, we went on for a ride through communication history. When we got off, it was time for a break, my arm was killing me. I called and found that the room was ready, I would be right next to my parent’s room, but not connected.

Once we were back at Pop Century, my dad helped me move my things to the other room, and I noticed I had a voicemail message. I had to – ONCE AGAIN – go to the front desk to straighten some things out. Seems that the credit card wasn’t sent through. But they didn’t tell me that before I went down. I really needed to ice down my arm, but I went anyways. Turns out my dad needed to go so that he could confirm the credit charge. I told them to just call him, and she got management to agree to that. She called my parents room and my dad said everything was good.

Once back in my room, I got some ice in my wrap and laid down for awhile trying to find something to watch on tv. I don’t really like the new Top 7 countdown – I liked the other girl that used to do this.

After resting for a bit, it was time to head back out. We still wanted to see the Flower and Garden Festival and see some more of the World Showcase. We took lots of pictures as we headed back into the park. A quick stop at Character Connection, mom and I got our picture with Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale (who actually danced with us as we waited for the photopass guy to get ready) and Donald. We then walked through the Festival Center and picked out some things I planned to purchase later in the day, including first day of release stamps. But I didn’t want to carry bags around, and we were checking out the next day – couldn’t have it shipped back to the resort.

Next we stopped in Ice Station Cool, or whatever it is called now. We each built a cup and got it filled with frozen coke – I didn’t think it tasted very good, but with all the medication I had been on, everything tasted odd. My stomach was also bothering me, and I had to make another stop (I know, TMI!!!).

From there we strolled over to Minnie’s Butterfly Garden. This was very cute, but way crowded. I was being bumped all around so I left and waited outside for my mom to look around.

We then walked around taking in the sights of the Flower and Garden Festival. My mom TRIED to take pictures of the characters without all the other people in them – this was not an easy feat. We then turned to go around the World Showcase clockwise, starting in Mexico. I always love going inside here, as it is cool, dark and has a great ambience. Maybe we will try to eat here someday, but I am not that hungry right now. Mom and I rode El Rio de Tiempo – dad skipped out on the boat ride.

We headed towards Norway and the ‘rents wanted to ride the boat ride here. The wait wasn’t too long. Mom and I took attempts at taking a picture of the Viking with Mickey Ears on – I think she got the best picture.

We left Norway and headed to China. I suggested to my parents that they get a snack of egg rolls here. I have read a few trip reports where people make a special stop to get egg rolls. So, they did, and I got a bottle of water, and we sat while they enjoyed their egg rolls – they said they really were good.

I took a lot of pictures, including a cute Panda topiary and some bonsai trees. The kids were coming out to perform and I didn’t want to get stuck in that crowd. We headed out towards Germany. I could hear Nelson performing; it was their second show of the day. I knew you had to get in line before one show ended to get seats for the next one, so while my parents took their time walking around, I sped ahead to get in line. I was only about 10 people back, so not too bad.

Once they dropped the rope so that we could all pile into the theatre, it was a mad rush. I wanted to get as close as I could on the left side, facing the stage. That way, I could rest my arm on the back of the seat and it would be more comfortable for me. I was able to secure a seat for myself and another person. There really could have been room for the 3 of us, but the “ladies” next to me refused to move down an inch.

While I had been waiting in line, mom and dad walked around. They offered to get me something to eat – I asked for a pretzel or a funnel cake – they brought me both. There was no way I could eat this AND watch the show. I ended up snacking on both of them, but not finishing either.

The show was very good and mom was able to get a lot of good pictures for me. They sang Ricky Nelson songs as well as Nelson songs. The entire group around me was singing along to everything. It was a fun show.

When they were done, I was really hoping to get to talk to them, but they sure do run off the stage fast. Plus the CM’s there really had to clear it out – remember; it is a fall out zone for the fireworks.

We left the theatre and started walking to the front slowly, taking in parts of Illuminations. Mom and I stopped in the snack shop in Morocco where she got some coffee and I checked out the pastries – I really wasn’t in the mood for something sweet. We slowly walked around the World Showcase, stopped in the UK to check out the garden maze and take some pictures of the Winnie the Pooh and Friends topiaries.

As we were walking, Illuminations ended and we got caught up in the mad rush of folks trying to leave the park. We stopped and sat on benches a couple of times and just took in the sights.

We eventually made our way to the front of the park – all of us were exhausted. We went back to Pop Century and I was still kinda hungry. We went over to the food court and I got a cheeseburger and fries – dad got the same, except a double. Mom ended up with some hummus and some olive tepinad (however you spell that). She said it was very good, and we saved some of it in the fridge in the room. The burgers hit the spot and we walked back to our rooms. Mom and I did stop at the pool right outside our building and dipped our feet in. I do wish I had brought my swimsuit, I think the nice water would have felt good on our aching bodies.

Back in the room, I set a wakeup call for 7am. Lights out…

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hey Lara, good report! I love the Garden Grill, and getting the kiddie food is a pretty good idea! And.....you rode Soarin without me? Not a bad wait, I am sooo jealous!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain

I was able to get some good pictures of the mickey and Cinderella pumpkins, but the award winning tomato plant was not longer there, he had gotten sick and passed away – AWWWWW.
    I can't believe my tomato plant/tree thingie died. NOOOOOO
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Day 3 – Sunday

I really do wish it were just Mickey Mouse that woke you up. But up and at ‘em I was, and into the shower. Not much to pack up since I was just in the room overnight. We got everything together and filled the cooler with ice from the machines. We packed up the car and I went to the front desk to make sure we were checked out – there was not a bill hanging on the door of the room my parents were in.

Dad went to get himself some coffee and they also got some juice for me – I really wasn’t hungry, but needed something to take all my medications. We shopped a little in the store, I got some frames and the antennae toppers for my parent’s cars. I don’t have an antennae on mine, my radio is digital.

We left there, and the day was getting warm, muggy and hazy. We drove to Animal Kingdom. I really wanted to see Festival of the Lion King. That was the one thing that I did not get to see when I was here in February.

I picked up a park schedule on our way in, the lines were pretty long. We didn’t have time to make it to the first Lion King show, so we walked back to Africa. We took our time walking through the Oasis and took some paths we do not normally take. This was really nice, until I walked across a rope bridge and some not so nice person decided to jump on it to make it swing. This is when I really was in pain as I had to grab the ropes to balance myself. I had to find someplace to sit down after that bad experience.

We strolled towards Africa, taking pictures of everything we saw. We discovered a cute walkway towards the river in the middle and there are some nice out of the way cubbyhole type places along here where you can have a peaceful moment to yourself. Nice to know about this now.

We hit Africa and the place is packed. Checked out the times for lunch at the Tusker House. This is one of our favorite places to eat at all of Walt Disney World. None of us were in the mood for breakfast, but they wouldn’t start serving lunch for another 20 minutes, so of course that meant time for shopping!

We went into the store right across from the Tusker House. We really wanted to get something for Keith and Jamie to thank them for taking care of our animals. We got her a cute shirt – I think we got one for Keith too, but no, not the same shirt!

I forgot to pack a baseball hat for this trip, and I needed something to block the sun from my face, as it was beating down by this time. I bought a cute one with a mickey face on the front with animal print fabric. I think Kaitlin will claim this hat when I get home. (She did.)

Back to the Tusker House for lunch. I don’t remember what everyone got, but I know I got the kid’s mac-n-cheese. I still have my mickey bowl; I plan to use it for special occasions.

After lunch, we really didn’t have time to walk all the way back to Camp Minnie Mickey before the next show would start. I was disappointed, but I know I will be back. Dad wanted to check out Expedition Everest before we left, so we walked that back walkway towards Asia. I was really hoping that we would run into Devine back here as my parents have never seen her, just my pictures. Alas, we did not see her, but the Flights of Wonder show had just started…. we had never seen this, so we went in and got a seat.

This is a really cute show and I am glad we saw it. Kaitlin will really like this, so we will have to make sure it is on our must do list for the next trip. I had mom take my picture with the guys after the show.

We moved on towards Asia. We just walked through this area and watched Everest riders as they screamed down the mountain. This is such a great ride, I wish I was not in this pain and we could have ridden it.

Alas, we continued on, walking past Dinoland to the front of the park. I had to make a restroom stop and sped ahead of my parents. I really hate it that the smoking section seems to be at the entrance to the restrooms – and you have to walk past it to get in and out. UGH!! The parents caught up with me right outside Flame Tree Barbeque and we went into the little shop there – mom got some cute Christmas ornaments and I decided to start one of those add-a-link bracelets!

I still had not had a Mickey Premium ice cream; I just couldn’t live WDW without one! So I stopped, got us all a water and me a Mickey premium! We all took a break in the shade and I enjoyed every last bit – YUM! We continued on through the Oasis, I almost got a glimpse of the ever-allusive anteater, but just saw his tail as he walked behind a bush.

After we left Animal Kingdom, we drove by Epcot. I had a couple of things at the Flower and Garden Festival that I wanted to purchase. Mom and Dad just stayed in the car in the parking lot as I walked into Epcot, camera in hand, just in case. I walked over to the Festival headquarters place and went in. I notice a new guy in the character connection, so I went to get in line over there. I don’t remember his name off the top of my head, but I knew it at the time, he was one of the cats from Pinocchio. While in line and getting my picture taken, my dad walked in. We walked through the Festival shop and some of the things I wanted were no longer there, I should know better than that, buy what you want when you see it, it might not be there later. But I did purchase a pin set of the topiaries, an envelope with the first day of release stamps on it and an Encyclopedia of Disney. From here, Dad and I walked over to Mousegears. I wanted to get something else for my nephew, and maybe something for mom. On the way, we saw some tall flowers on stilts, so I got my picture taken with them and went shopping.

Dad helped me find this cute car for Jeremy (my nephew) and I got a ****er for mom. Ok, we had seen some kids eating one of those twisted, multi-colored twirled pops the other day and mom had made a comment that she had never had one. So, I bought one for her, along with some other items and we left Mousegears. We then left Epcot and soon after, we left Walt Disney World.

Sad to leave Walt Disney World, but ready to go home, we all got back into the car and started the long drive home. Ok, so it really isn’t THAT long compared to others, but it felt like forever. We stopped about halfway and got some dinner at a Ruby Tuesday’s. We were home around 10ish??

I was back to work the next day, wondering when I am going back again. Looks like we will be making a family trip in December to see all the Christmas stuff for the first time – YEAH!!!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    What a fantastic report, Lara - great reading and entertaining!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney