Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Leaving in the Morning in the Vacation Planning forums; Leaving for WDW in the morning. Does anyone know the operational status of Wonders of Life, Pirates of the Caribbean (was opening for a brief period, I believe)? I'm staying ...
    MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder

Leaving in the Morning

Leaving for WDW in the morning. Does anyone know the operational status of Wonders of Life, Pirates of the Caribbean (was opening for a brief period, I believe)? I'm staying at the Contemporary Resort this time, haven't stayed there since 2003. Anyone know of any hidden Mickey's or anything else interesting. If anyone has any last minute tips, I'd appreciate them. Going down for our parents 25th anniversary, shame I can't make our house look like a giant cake!!!

Any word on when new monorails are going to be developed, they're about due.

Bill

PS. If anyone knows any excellent photo spots, or a good place to see Wishes, please let me know!!!
    :mickey:

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    A good place to see wishes is from Narcoossee's Restaurant. It is lakeside at the Grand Floridian, and is very nice. However, you will want to make ADR's for a time near the fireworks time for that evening.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MKRsrtMonorail
    Leaving for WDW in the morning. Does anyone know the operational status of Wonders of Life, Pirates of the Caribbean (was opening for a brief period, I believe)? I'm staying at the Contemporary Resort this time, haven't stayed there since 2003. Anyone know of any hidden Mickey's or anything else interesting. If anyone has any last minute tips, I'd appreciate them. Going down for our parents 25th anniversary, shame I can't make our house look like a giant cake!!!

Any word on when new monorails are going to be developed, they're about due.

Bill

PS. If anyone knows any excellent photo spots, or a good place to see Wishes, please let me know!!!

OK, first off, I hope you left room in your suitcase for me

Wonders of Life = closed (probably permanently)

Pirates = closed for refurbishment (was open briefly in april, but has since closed again until July)

Contemporary - rooms may look a bit different than your last visit -they have been under refurbishment the past year. Ask when you check in if you have a room that has been redone. I read something earlier this week about tarps on two floors (6 & 12 I think it was) for work, and the outside balconies on the marina side are getting worked on. Again, you might ask before check in if your room is in the affected areas.

Make sure to tell everyone and anyone that it is your parents' anniversary. You never know what kind of magic might occur *emphasis on might - remember they are under no obligation to do anything, and they certainly won't if they don't know it is a special occasion.

No word on new monorails that I know of.

2 great places to see Wishes!: on the bridge to Tomorrowland (Tinker Bell flies right over your head) or in front of the Crystal Palace (I think the fireworks line up better with the castle from there).

Most importantly, have a wonderful time!!! My congrats to your parents!
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 05-09-2006 at 03:02 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for all the information, and the kudos for the parents! We called and advised the Contemporary of my parent's anniversary, and requested a refurbished room. I have never seen Wishes, had a really bad view last time, and couldn't move, so I will try those spots you mentioned.
    :mickey: