Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Seriouslydw/Stitch625's 2 week trip! in the Vacation Planning forums; ok guys, I know I haven't met a lot of you but my name is Lindsay (seriouslydw), and i'm traveling with a friend Christina (stitch625). We planned a two week ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!

Smile Seriouslydw/Stitch625's 2 week trip!

ok guys, I know I haven't met a lot of you but my name is Lindsay (seriouslydw), and i'm traveling with a friend Christina (stitch625). We planned a two week trip from May 30th - June 12th to celebrate my 24th Birthday on June 8th! I'm still in WDW so i'll try to keep posted as I go! Hope everyone has a great day!!

day 1:
    Ok, we had a way early start driving, left at 3:30. We made really good time and got down to WDW at 10:30. We checked into our first hotel, The Caribbean Beach Resort and got in Aruba building 52. This was a great location, it was close to a bus stop and close to the bridge accross the lake. Our room wasn't ready yet so we went over to downtown disney to do some shopping and exploring, we ate lunch at Mcdonalds there then went back to our hotel to look around. The CBR is a really pretty hotel, lots of bright pastel colors and i'll have lots of pictures to post later. Around 4 that evening we went over to Animal Kingdom. We waited about 40 minutes for Everest the first time. After that we rode Dinosaur with absolutely no wait. We went back to Everest and rode twice in 20 minutes using the single rider line! After that we were beat so we went back to the hotel and back to bed.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Day Two:

We woke up on our own then headed to Epcot. We got a fast pass for Soarin, then went to Mission Space. We rode the less intense "or chicken" version twice. I've been on the more intense version, although the less intense version lacked the real feel of the speed of the rocket and the weightlessness, it was still very well done. you felt like you were still in the space shuttle, just not that intense. We took a short walk around the world showcase and saw Miyuki, the candy artist in Japan. She is very talented and entertaining, she made me a blue monkey! We were starting to get hungry so we decided to head back to the Land pavillion to eat before our Soarin fastpasses. It was getting close to two o'clock so we asked how long the wait would be at the Garden Grill, we were seated within 5 minutes. This meal was an excellent character meal, the food was delicious and the characters were very active and spent a lot of time at all the tables. After lunch we went and road Soarin, I love that ride. We rode SSE on our way out the park and went back to our hotel room.
    Later that evening, we went to MGM - the park was really crowded so we worked on our treasure hunts from the Passporter's treasure hunt book!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Day Three:
    We decided to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours in the morning at Magic Kingdom. We arrived at the park around 8:30 and within an hour we had ridden Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan. We were supposed to meet up with Luke at 10 that morning, but he didn't come. We went back to space mountain to use our fast passes that we had gotten earlier that morning, rode the tomorrowland transit authority. After that we decided to head over to frontier land, riding haunted mansion on the way. We played around in the frontierland shootin arcade and rode splash mountain.
    That afternoon we went back to Downtown Disney and did some shopping at World of Disney and the Pin Station.
    That evening, we went back to MGM to do some more of the treasure hunts! P.S. This treasure hunt book "PassPorter's Treasure Hunts at Walt Disney World" has been so much fun! We're disney veterans and it's pointed out a lot of stuff that we've never seen before. It also helps the line time pass faster!
    Walt Disney

Day Four:
    We had ADR's for Sci-fi Dine in at 11:00, so we got up and went over to MGM. Before lunch we went and saw the Muppet Show, which I love. I love all the random jokes that are in the show. We checked in early for our lunch and were seated right at 11. If you've never eaten at this restauraunt, they have the BEST burgers, only problem is that they're big so there's no way I can finish one. But they taste SO good, one of my favorite places to eat at MGM. After lunch we had to go and meet the power rangers (don't ask me, Christina's nephews are obsessed and we had to get pictures). On our way to the power rangers we saw Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater out. It was really cool to see them driving around because you don't get to see car characters everyday.

After MGM we went back to the pool, believe it or not this is at least my 10th disney trip and i've never been swimming in a disney pool. It was so refreshing just to have a half hour swim midday.

After a brief rest time in the hotel room we went back over to Epcot. We rode Mission Space Lite again, went to visit the living seas (which I like but after going to the Georgia Aquarium a few times I just can't get as excited about it). We went to go ride Test Track, and got to se the JaMMitors on our way there. I've never seen them before, and I have to say that it was so much fun to watch. They had a bunch of trash cans and flower pots (I think they change out the flower pots after the flower and garden festivall) and used them as drums. It was so much fun to watch!!!!! After test track we rode Journey into your Imagination with Figment, I like this ride but to me it's not as good as the old version. We went up to Figment's place and got to meet giant figment or as we've heard him called "figzilla". We spent a while after this walking around and looking at a lot of the stuff from the flower and garden festival!
    Walt Disney

Day 5: (I think, I might have lost count)

Ok, so today we've planned to switch hotels, we checked out of the Caribbean Beach Resort and went over to the hotel that i've been wanting to stay at for years and finally get to . . . drumroll . . .THE CONTEMPORARY. Ok, we got a surprise when we checked in, on our reservation we were in the tower, but we had a bayview room. When we checked in the person behind the desk told us that she had good news and bad news, we asked for the bad first. She told us that they didn't have a room in our category. We got a little bit concerned because we thought we were going to have to move out into the garden view rooms, but she cam in with the good news. We were moved to the Magic Kingdom View side of the tower. Our room is Amazing, I absolutely love it, and I couldn't have asked for a better room on this trip.

After we checked in we went over to Sea World, We Rode the wild arctic ride, Kraken, saw the Penguin Encounter, and Clyde and Seamore take pirate Island. Seaworld was SOO crowded that we couldn't even walk though the park. We just decided to leave.

We went back to the contemporary and ate at the food and fun center, then walked around the resort to see the pools and shops. We went up to the room to unpack our stuff again. Later that evening we took the monorail to the Polynesian resort just to look around. The pool there is really cool, and the whole hotel itself is wonderfully themed. I want to stay there one day!

That night we came back to our hotel and watched WISHES from our balcony, it was so nice to see it because the hotel has a channel that you can put it on and the music is played through that synchronized perfectly. For me, it was just as good as watching it from Main Street!
    Walt Disney

day 6:

Ok, I don't know what we were thinking, but we did a whole lot today.
    We started off the morning at Epcot so we could do living with the land boat ride since we've never done it before, we fast passed it and just walked around future world for an hour. We went back and rode the ride. It was a fun ride to experience, but it's not something that i'm going to do a lot.

After Epcot, we went over to the Magic Kingdom. It really wasn't that busy so we rode Big Thunder Mountain, saw the Tiki Room, and ate my first Dole Whip. It was really good, better than I expected - thanks for telling me about them everyone!!! After the Dole Whip we watched the afternoon parade, it was so much fun because we had some serious character interaction. I got this visor here that has tinkerbell on the bill sitting and pouting, the front of the hat says "miss attitude" on it. I had my camera ready to take pictures, and captain hook walks over to me. I just figured he was going to pose for a picture or something. He walks over, grabs my visor, looks at it, grunts, and throws it behind me. We laughed SO hard, i'd never had anything like that happen to me before. After the parade, we walked back to the hotel to take a small break to let it cool off a little, and to see what the weather was going to do for the rest of the day.

About 7 that evening we went to MGM. We rode tower of terror twice with no line, then went into the theater for fantasmic, we got there late and decided to stay int he standing section so we'd have more room. I LOVE this night show, everything is so well done. After fantasmic, we went on Rockin Roller Coaster twice.

After MGM we went back to Magic Kingdom since they're having EMH this evening. The park is almost empty, but we're exhausted so we only do two rides, the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Our skipper for the JC was hilarious, she had the same jokes as everyone else, but she had so much energy and joked around with everyone in the boat.

I think once we got back to the hotel after that we were both asleep in about 5 minutes!
    Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wow, that is quite a trip so far. I am glad you are having fun! And glad you enjoyed the dole whip - yummy!

And wow again for getting the monkey from Miyuki~~ that is fabulous!

Can't wait to read more. Oh, and the Living Seas doesn't measure up to the Ga Aquarium for me anymore either....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That is so cool 2 whole weeks. I am so jealous. ME and my wife just got back on June 6th. We were there from June 1st to the 6th and stayed at contemporary. If you are looking for somthing fun and different rent one of the boston whalers on the bay. They are like 30 dollars per 30 mins but if you go for 50 mins they will still only charge you 30 it was a great time and you get to see great views of the magic kingdom and the monorail resorts. I was there for 5 nights and my dreams is a 2 week vacation or a year what ever i can afford.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Day 7????

We started off kinda early at the Magic Kingdom, we made it to Fantasyland before it got to crowded and rode Snow White and Mickey's Philharmagic, I LOVE that show - it smells so good during the Beauty and the Beast Show. We walked over to tomorrow land but didn't have a whole lot of time so we rode the TTA and watched the Tomorrowland Countdown.

After that we walked back to the Contemporary, Christina's mom and her sister (Emily) came down today and met us at the hotel. After we got them checked into the hotel and situated we showed them around the hotel and then went and walked around the polynesian and the grand floridian. Both were really cool, but for now - i'm totally digging my room in the Contemporary!!!

This evening we went to Animal Kingdom since they're having evening EMH and we wanted to ride Everest at night! We rode everest during the daytime by waiting in the regular line, the wait was only a little more than half an hour. After that we went to Dinoland USA and rode Dinosaur and Pirmeval Whirl to wait for it to get dark. Once the park had closed we got a fastpass for Everest and rode it a little after nine that night. It was really cool to ride Everest when it was dark out - I highly recommend it!!!
    Once we were done we went back to the contemporary and made it back just in time to watch Wishes! from the balcony!!
    Walt Disney

Day 8:

A bright and early start for us because we had our Keys to the Kingdom tour today! This tour was so much fun, our guide was named Matthew - if anyone is thinking about doing this tour he was an AMAZING guide, very funny and very entertaining. He kept my attention for a whole four hours which if you know me well is really impressive. It was a really good tour for us since we are disney veterans to see a lot of backstage stuff and hear a lot about attractions and the detail about the park that we hadn't really thought about or seen before. It was definately worth the money and the lunch at the Columbia Harbour House was really good!

After the tour was over, we went back to the hotel to pick up Emily and Christina's Mom. We went over to Epcot so they could see the flower and garden festival. Once in the park we rode SSE then went to the festival center. The festival center is a really cool place if you like art or if you like to garden, neither are really fun for me - so not my cup of tea. Once out of teh center we went over to Canada. Once again, i'm not a big fan of the world showcase, I like to walk around, if something interests me i'll stop or if I see a performer i'll stop. It took us a while to get around to France, Christina's mom and Emily went on the fragrant garden tour in France and Christina and I went back to Canada to watch Off Kilter. If you've never watched them in Epcot - you need to. It's a Celtic Rock Band. Not many places will you get to hear bagpipe, drums, electric guitar all in one band. They're awesome. When they finished the show I asked them if they would play Mary Mac which is one of my favorite songs that they have - they told me that if I came back to the 5:30 show they'd play it. We went back up to France and brought Emily and Christina's mom back to see Off Kilter - they played my song and it was awesome!

After off Kilter we went the other way to Mexico and rode El Rio Del Tiempo, don't ask me why but I love this ride. I was starting to get my fill of the world showcase so I left Christina there with her family and I came back to the hotel for dinner and to watch Wishes!
    Walt Disney

Day 9:

Ok, i've finally caught up, i'm actually posting a trip report on the actual day stuff happened!!!!!

We started out the morning at MGM and rode the Great Movie Ride, we got in the first car and for our first time ever we got to see the Western Scene where the bank catches on fire. After that we walked around the park, got an icee, and did some serious pin trading. After we both had about 6 new pins we went back to the hotel to rearrange our pins and got some more to trade from our stash.

This afternoon we went to Animal Kingdom and ate at the Tusker House. If you've never eaten here - you really should. This was the best counter service food i've ever eaten at WDW. I had a kid's chicken meal with mashed potatoes, delicious! We got some fastpasses for Kali River Rapids around 3 since it was so hot and it sounded like fun, we couldn't get on the ride until about 7 so we had a while to wait. We went back over to Dinoland and rode Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl again both with NO wait at all! After that we went up to Expedition Everest and used the single riders line (regular wait was 70 minutes) and rode 3 times within 30 minutes!! If youre going to ride everest and you don't mind splitting up your group than this is Definately the way to go. 5 of the times that we've ridden this ride on the trip, it's been through single rider line and we haven't waited more than 5 minutes each time!

After Animal Kingdom we went over to Magic Kingdom. We rode the teacups (not by any stretch of the imagination my favorite ride but just one you have to do sometimes). We then went over to the TTA (one of my favs but I don't know why), right before we were supposed to go into space mountain the ride stopped, we sat there for about 10 minutes wondering what was going on. They made an announcement that the ride would start moving, once it did we got to see SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!!! When we finally got to the end of the TTA, we saw they were sending out empty cars, they weren't letting any new people get on. I guess we just got lucky to get on before SM broke down! Brilliant us didn't bring a camera with us to the Magic Kingdom since it was a last minute let's walk over to the MK and see if there's anything with a short line, now we're kicking ourselves. We decided to leave the MK on that note before main street got really crowded for Spectromagic!

Right now we're back in the hotel, about to eat some dinner and waiting for Wishes! to start!!
    Walt Disney

Sounds like you are having a great trip!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Happy Birthday Lindsay!!!!
    Hope :mickey: has an extra special day for you today!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

day 10!

My Birthday!! We started off the morning at Breakfast at Ohana. This was a good breakfast, the food was really good and the characters spent a good amount of time at all the tables. After breakfast we went over to the MK and rode Mickey's philharmagic, Snow White's Scary Adventure's, and Cinderella's Carousel (I got to ride on Cinderella's Horse). After that Christina told me I needed to go to the wishing well, she had arranged for Maleficent to lead me on a little scavenger hunt around the Magic Kingdom. So there was a letter waiting for me there and it told me that I basically had to go ride it's a small world and sing the song as loud as I could in two of the rooms. So, we went on it's a small world and I embarassed myself. After that I had to go to the Spanish Fountain outside Pirates of the Caribean to find my present. It was Pirates of the Caribbean LIFE. I was SO excited because i've atned this game for a long time, so we went back to the hotel room to play it. I won!!! Big time. Thanks Christina!!! It was so much fun!!

After we went back to the MK, we went on all of these rides: (these aren't really in order, i'm just listing) Buzz Lightyear, TTA, Carousel of Progress, Astro Orbiter. After this we were supposed to go on Space Mountain but they told us it had "technical difficulties" so we went on the TTA again since we had a camera and the lights were hopefully on. So, for the second day in a row we got to see SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH THE LIGHTS ON, but this time we got a video with Christina's camera. After that we continued riding rides: WDW Railroad, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Back to Space Mountain to ride it.

We had ADR's at Crystal Palace at 9:30, It was about 8:45 so we went over early to see if we could get seated a little earlier, and we had a table before nine. If you've never eaten there, the food is delicious. So we had a great dinner with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore. Finished up just before 10:00 and went just outside to watch Wishes!! After this, we were both beat and really glad that we didn't have to wait for a bus back to our hotel, a big plus to being just a short walk away from the magic kingdom!
    Walt Disney

Glad you had a GREAT birthday!

So, how many more days on your trip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast