Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Honeymoon, May 28th thru June 7 in the Vacation Planning forums; I think this was the first day we noticed an increase in the crowd level. Our first few days didn't seem too crowded at all. but this day was hot ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Day 4, Wednesday, May 31st.

I think this was the first day we noticed an increase in the crowd level. Our first few days didn't seem too crowded at all. but this day was hot and crowded!

we started out the day getting to the Contemporary about an hour early for breakfast at Chef Mickey's. this was because we had discovered there was a boat that went between the Contemporary and the Wilderness Lodge exclusively. being there an hour early, there was already a line to check in so we went ahead and got in line, especially since it was so early that none of the gift shops up there on the concourse were open.

after you check in, you are led by the hand into a line to have your picture taken with some scenery (plates and stuff... booooring). then you get in line to have your picture taken with the host of the breakfast, who happened to be Goofy this day. (btw, I have about a million pics from this breakfast. some of which are in my gallery. comments accepted and appreciated.) I botched the picture move a couple times by not winding the film properly and then I forgot the flash, but as history tells us, third time's the charm, so finally I got a pic of Crystal and the Goof... after I was duly embarassed by Goofy and various other Cast Members.

we then were called to our table by our flashy buzzing contraption. the food was buffet-style and I generally do not like buffets, but this one was surprisingly easy to access and not pushy and shovey like some of the ones I have been to in the past.

you probably know the drill after that point. you eat your food and the characters come to your table for the ol' "love n shove." this was fun because I am lazy, as are most Americans, so I can see why these character meals are so popular.

soon enough, our waitress came out with a cupcake with candles for us, a certificate that said that the moment was very magical, and a Chef Mickey's placemat (which we gave to some kids sitting next to us b/c we didn't wanna have to carry it around all day). all the characters came into our area and they played a song and did the napkin dance. that was fun and made us feel special, not embarassed (there's a difference).

after breakfast we made our way downstairs and to the bus stop where we caught a bus to MGM. we got to MGM, got fastpasses for ToT, then got in line for Aerosmith's R'n'RollerCoaster. this line took forever!!! we discovered that we should have done the reverse. gotten fastpasses for the rollercoaster and stood in line for ToT (the line was surprisingly never too long. in fact, once we had fastpasses for it and didn't even need them!). Crystal and I both loved it.

we rode ToT (the pic from this particular riding can be seen in my gallery), walked around a bit, then headed to our lunch reservation. Sci Fi Dine In Theatre. this is when Crystal and I had our first argument. she went to the bathroom and while she was in the bathroom our table was ready. she took forever, which left me and our host just standing there awkwardly, waiting for her. I was frustrated that she was taking so long and when she came out, she could tell. I tried to be nice and tell her I wasn't mad (b/c there wasn't anything to logically be mad about) but she wouldn't drop it. so eventually I told her to shut up about it, which was embarassing to everybody... especially the people we were sharing our car with. oh well. we made up and tried to enjoy our lunch. as most of you know, this place has great atmosphere, but the food ****s. Crystal hated hers, but mine was ok. I think I just had a reuben (not hard to mess up), but her chicken-caesar salad was n-n-n-nasty. oh well, we enjoyed the atmosphere and, since I'm a horror movie fan, I was able to tell Crystal about almost all of the previews that came up. I think she thought they were fake movies until I filled her in otherwise!

here is where I made a mistake.
    when making our reservations, I wanted a Fantasmic Dinner package at the Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner. unfortunately, the only one they had left when I made my reservations was at 3:50pm, exactly two and a half hours after we walked into the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre, and only about an hour and a half since we had left the Sci Fi. meaning we were not hungry in the least!

oh well, I said, at least we can order some stuff and taste it. I had the Cobb salad for an appetizer, a filet mignon for entree, and grapefruit cake for dessert! the food was amazing and the history and decor of the place made it one of Crystal's favorite places we ate the entire trip! we got our voucher for seating at Fantasmic and left.

I don't remember what we did till Fantasmic started, but I think we watched the parade (Warwick Davis, aka Willow/Wicket!!!) and did a little shopping.

they told us to get to the place where you enter for the Fantasmic seating at 7:30 pm for the 9:00 show, but no one was at the gate to let us in until 8:00pm. what was up with that? anywho, we got a very abridged backstage MGM tour on the walk from the gate to the seats at Fantasmic. we waited for an hour and a half in those uncomfy seats, ate frozen lemonade (tasty!!!), and watched the place fill up.

::::SPOILERS AHEAD:::::: BEWARE!!!::::

spoilers mean I am about to talk about specific events in the show. which means if you haven't seen Fantasmic, and want to preserve the surprise, then you should quit reading now and wait for Day 5 to magically appear.

ok.

I hated that part where you get beaten up and robbed, didn't you?

ok. that part was to weed out anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I am a jumpy person. a bundle of nerves. anything sudden and loud will make me jump, even if I know it's coming. a person with a balloon and a needle terrifies me. on the boat from MK home, I would jump everytime they blew the horn. so, at the part when it gets dark and the Pochahontas bad guys shoot off that cannon, I nearly leapt out of my skin and into Crystal's lap! after that, I was jumping at everything! anytime something even slightly sudden happened, I was jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean (do those even really exist?).

but that aside, I was amazed at this show (I have skipped it more than once in the past). I think out of the parks's nighttime shows, Wishes is my favorite (it's just so darn moving!), but after that I can't rank them at all b/c both Illuminations and Fantasmic are about the best things I have ever seen. I cheered out loud when Mickey appeared in the sorcerer hat and vanquished his enemies, in spite of myself!!! I couldn't help it!

and being as Maleficent is my favorite villain, I, of course, loved the ending.

whew. lots of typing... time to cut to the chase...

after Fantasmic, it was Extra Magic Hours so we stayed and rode ToT once more and left. we went home then and went to bed.

stay tuned for Day 5!!! a new month! a new park! hoop dee doo!!!!! it's gonna be fun.

If we can dream it, we can do it

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Well comeon...where is the rest.?..this is like a really good novel that you cant put down....LOL

Love your sense of humor on things. I can just see you sitting there all starry eyed at the princesses and drooling more then a bit at the hula girls(***vix hands 7thAve a napkin for the drool and an extra to the wifey for hers too...LOL) You do know that we poor souls who were stuck at home can not wait for the next installment, we are living vicariously thru you....LOL

Seriously tho, you are an awesome story teller and I am enjoying the reports immensly(sp?)

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve

as most of you know, this place has great atmosphere, but the food ****s. Crystal hated hers, but mine was ok. I think I just had a reuben (not hard to mess up), but her chicken-caesar salad was n-n-n-nasty. oh well, we enjoyed the atmosphere and, since I'm a horror movie fan, I was able to tell Crystal about almost all of the previews that came up. I think she thought they were fake movies until I filled her in otherwise!

Thanks for the tip on getting a FP for RnRC and just waiting for ToT.

So Sci-Fi for lunch, not recommending it? I've always wanted to check out the inside of the place, I like the idea of the little car tables/Drive-In set up. Can you seat three people together in a car or is it two by two? Maybe if we just stick to Reubens.

I remember really enjoying Fantasmic but not so much the waiting for it to start part. And me too, balloons scare the **** out of me.

Can't wait for the next chapter! Going to see your new photos now. Good job with the report, T!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Woohhooo - another fantastic day ending with fantasmic. I love this show! Yes, Mexican jumping beans really do exist.

I am sure your new bride didn't mind the jumping into her arms....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Day 5, June 1st, Thursday

thanks so much for the nice comments and comments on my pics everyone! I am currently at work and will be here till 6am tomorrow, so no new pics today, and my trip report may get disjointed as I have to drop it and pick it back up again every now and then.

It's funny, I just got done filling out a survey from WDW about this day, so it's fairly fresh in my mind. While in the park this day, a young man approached us and asked if I would mind filling out a survey after our trip was over. I said ok, he got my email address, and sure enough, I had a survey waiting for me today on my work email. It was actually kinda fun! anywho, into the past we go....

we started out the day in grand style at Donald's Breakfastosaurus. It was really fun to see the characters again, especially Donald b/c he hadn't been at any of the character meals we had been to so far, and he's my favorite!

we were sat next to two other newlyweds, so we struck up a conversation with them. Crystal is good at being comfortable and talking to strangers... I am not. so her and the other bride chatted it up while me and Groom #2 went face-first into our eggs and character waffles. it turned out that they were headed onto the Disney Cruise Line for a few days, an option I hadn't even considered... mainly b/c I have seen too many disaster movies recently.

we then walked immediately to Expedition Everest and got fastpasses, where we saw our breakfast buddies again. then we went and stood in line for Dinosaur for about 5 minutes and rode that. this was both of our's first trip to Animal Kingdom, and we both were having a blast so far! Dinosaur was awesome! I kept yelling at the people in the front seat to "Hit the Gas!!!! Get this crate movin!!!" I swear that the dino was after me specifically.

we then had time to get fastpasses for Kali River before it was time to return to Expedition Everest, so we did that. then we rode it! my favorite ride at Animal Kingdom, Expedition Everest (see ride pics)!!!! while fairly tame compared to most roller coasters I've been on, it still very much fun, looking out for the yeti and whatnot. when the yeti finally did appear, I was disappointed we didn't get a better look at him. it seemed like we just flew through there, but Crystal was definitely not complaining! she didn't want anything to do with that hairy conehead!

we then rode Kali River Rapids. I have a theory about those rides like that. the round-boat-raft whitewater rides. I useta think they were like a giant revolver and the people on the raft were the bullets in some crazy larger-than-lifesize version of Russian Roulette. nowadays I tend to think that, basically, the fat dude gets it. and by "it" I mean wet as heck!!! I was easily the heaviest dude on the boat (being 6'4" and kinda thick), so I was prepared to just **** it up and try and have fun.

well, sure enough, I got It. we went down a waterfall and I got soaked!!! from what I remember, that is the only time anyone gets really wet, which disappointed me b/c Crystal was really yuckin it up over my newfound humidity and I wanted some revenge! so I ended up being the only one that got really wet.

then it was time for lunch. Rainforest Cafe. the Rainforest Cafe was not on my dining plan, so that was pain. I told Crystal to go easy on me and we both just got a burger, fries, and a salad. when I lived in Nashville, they had a RC and I always wanted to go eat there, but never had the money. we don't have one down here in Mobile, so I figured now was as good a time as any. the service was good, and the burgers were great! I don't normally like fries, but these were pretty good. the atmosphere was really nice (and loud!), but we were seated in a corner next to "waterfall" so it was kinda romantic (or at least as romantic as I imagine that place can get). we ate our lunch and then bought my sister a mug from the gift shop.

after lunch we caught some shows. Pochahontas, Festival of the Lion King (which was awesome and made Crystal cry when they brought this little kid in a wheelchair out on stage to dance with em at the end), and It's Tough to Be a Bug (what is it with Disney and these special-effects-laced 3d movies? I mean, they're really cool and all, but come on... enough is enough).

we left Animal Kingdom around 4pm and went back to the Wilderness Lodge to get ready for our evening at the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue.

It was then I made a choice that would affect the outcome of our night. I decided to wear my Auburn University Alumni cap. here's the story:

we got to Fort Wilderness about 2 hours early, b/c I had promised my parents a Fort Wilderness sticker (they are big RVers, and Fort Wilderness was where we stayed when we were kids). I wanted plenty of time to look in the gift shop and to "stroll about the grounds" as they say, just reminiscing about when my sister and I were kids and running around the place.

speaking of, my dad had tried to get us Hoop Dee Doo tickets when we were kids once, but it was booked up, so he was anxious to hear how it went, and I was anxious to go.

once people started checking in, they tried to get us to take some pictures in front of a wagon wheel or something, but remembering our time at Chef Mickey's, we just took a seat and waited for the doors to open. we looked at our tickets and they said, "Table Number 13." I told Crystal, half-joking, that it was a setup by Galyna (our travel agent) for our honeymoon. Lucky number 13 and all. I didn't know how correct I was!

we were led to our seats... all the way through the crowd, up to the stage, and dead center!!! the table was literally in the exact center of the stage, and touching the stage it was so close!!! and it was set up as a table for two!!! I had a bad feeling growing in my belly that something bad was just on the verge of occuring. so what is the best thing to combat bad feelings in the belly??? unlimited pitchers of free beer!!!!!! which we dove into with gusto!

we finished our first pitcher of beer before the meal was brought out. the show had started and we were getting lots of looks and what I call "side jokes" from the performers, but that was really nothing. at least they weren't making a spectacle of us... yet!

ths show stopped so everyone could eat without worrying about missing some of the show. while the show was stopped, the performers came down into the audience and were talking to everyone. the two guys (besides the "funny" one) came down and immediately came to our table. one of them's stage name was Johnny Ringo, and he said that he went to Auburn University, the other said that he was from Birmingham and was a huge Auburn fan. we got to chatting with them and it came out that we were on our honeymoon.

when the show started back, they asked if there were any birthdays in the audience. a little girl raised her hand so they sang happy birthday to her and to everyone else whose birthday it was. then, Johnny Ringo asked the crowd, "Do we have any honeymooners here tonite???" and looked right at us! I put my nose in my beer, but everyone in the place was laughing and really loving it, so the jig was up, unfortunately.

they then made us get up out of our seats and dance, with the spotlight on us, in front of everyone while one of the performers sang a song for us. keep in mind we were feeling a little "fuzzy" by this point, so I didn't mind too much, and even got into hamming it up a bit and singing along really loud.

the show started back and the jokes got more and more intense... especially b/c by now the entire ensemble knew us by name! so every joke ended with something involving "Crystal" or "Travis."

then the coup de grace, Johnny Ringo pulled Crystal up on stage (along with a couple other people) and then they took her backstage. after a minute, she came ou in a flamenco dress and they had given her a line to say!!! she did her little can-can dance, said her line, and then they let her go change and come back to our table for dessert (which we didn't touch b/c we had just received our third pitcher of beer).

after the show was over, we chatted with the cast and they gave Crystal a picture of herself onstage in the dress. the picture was even in a little Hoop Dee Doo folder! (this pic will eventually make its little way into my gallery) they also gave her a certificate for "Bravery above and beyond the call of duty." it was awesome!!!!!!! this show was included with our package, but even if it wasn't, it would have been well worth the money! I highly recommend it to anyone, whether they enjoy free beer or not!

on the way home we had a funny thing happen. we were waiting for the boat back to the Lodge when this insanely drunk woman came up to us...

"Travis and Crystal!!!! you guys are on your honeymoon!!!! that's so sweeeeet!!!!"

she had obviously seen the show.

she then proceeded to introduce us to her husband, Mr. Embarassed, and her kids, Awkward and Mortified. it was terrible for her husband and kids (who were stone cold sober), but we just thought it was funny. the thing is, they were staying at the Lodge too, so needless to say, we had not seen the end of this drunken degenerate and her poor family of innocents.

we went home and slept the sleep of content nearly-toasted honeymooners on vacation in Disney...

stay tuned for more!
    ...MORE run-ins with the drunk lady and her family!
    ...MORE character dinners
    ...MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Oh goodie, you posted another day! I'll have something to read after dinner....loving your report Travis!

ROTFLMMEO.....OMG THAT IS TOOOOOOOO FUNNY.....I actually had to call the BF at work and tell him about the drunk lady.....made him chuckle too. You are soooo entertaining me with this...keep it up...LOL

AWESOME report T, the Kali river rapid ride and the description of the drunk lady's family cracked me up!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    drunk at disney world - what could be better?
    laughing at other drunks at disney world!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Many thanx for providing all the details (well, almost all, anyway). It's descriptions like yours that transport me there, sitting beside you, while I'm otherwise stuck behind this computer screen!

Oh - and Congratulations!!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    on the way home we had a funny thing happen. we were waiting for the boat back to the Lodge when this insanely drunk woman came up to us...

"Travis and Crystal!!!! you guys are on your honeymoon!!!! that's so sweeeeet!!!!"

she had obviously seen the show.

she then proceeded to introduce us to her husband, Mr. Embarassed, and her kids, Awkward and Mortified. it was terrible for her husband and kids (who were stone cold sober), but we just thought it was funny. the thing is, they were staying at the Lodge too, so needless to say, we had not seen the end of this drunken degenerate and her poor family of innocents.

we went home and slept the sleep of content nearly-toasted honeymooners on vacation in Disney...

stay tuned for more!
    ...MORE run-ins with the drunk lady and her family!
    ...MORE character dinners
    ...MORE MORE MORE!!!!
    Thank you so much for the fun updates.. I love reading all about your honeymoon tales to WDW!!! I only wish I could take my honeymoon there someday!! And the part I highlighted in pink seriously almost made me lose it!! Great stuff and great pics.. Can't wait to read more!!! Thanks again Travis!! *And Crystal!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Day 6, Friday, June 2nd

thanks everyone, once again, for the nice comments about my trip report!!! once again, I am at work and will be here till 6am tomorrow, so no new pictures today.

This day had been designated official "whatever" day. meaning we didn't have to be in any of the parks until dinnertime at the Coral Reef, which was awesome, but we'll get to that. we had planned this day to go to both waterparks and that night to go to DisneyQuest, thereby burning up some of our Extra Options (whatever they are called that come with the Magic Your Way packages). instead, we ended up at Typhoon Lagoon and loved it so much, we never left!

but before our love affair with the manmade tsunami began, we had to have breakfast, so where did we go? 1900 Park Fare!!!

we took the boat to the Contemporary, then the monorail to the Grand Floridian and arrived, as usual, really early. they let us check in and Mary Poppins was sitting on a bench, ready to get a pic with the customers... with no line!!! and we didn't do it. for some reason, we bypassed the photo op with the world's favorite nanny, saying we'd get the picture on the way out. we should have gotten the picture though, because my dad has a bit of a crush on Mary Poppins, and it would have been fun to rub it in his face.

here at 1900 Park Fare, the breakfast is buffet-style while the characters come around. the difference is, this place has a few characters that the other breakfasts don't have... namely the Alice in Wonderland characters, my favorite of which was the Mad Hatter.

the Mad Hatter was genuinely funny, and really good at interacting with the guests. plus he had the voice down to a science. he seriously could do the voice for the Mad Hatter if they ever need someone for an Alice sequel (which I wouldn't be surprised). he came to our table and asked where we were going. I told him Typhoon Lagoon and he advised me to put on my "slicker" and "rubbers" (which I laughed at, but I think rubbers are galoshes, right?). then he asked if we had been to the Magic Kingdom. we said yes and he then asked if we had ridden the best ride there, the Mad Tea Party. I told him that, "I think someone put something in the tea, b/c that ride makes me feel ill." I don't remember what his response was to that, but we got a picture (in the gallery) and he moved on.

then came Alice. this Alice was a bit creepy looking. I hafta say, I even kinda feel sorry for her because everytime someone sees the pic of her and Crystal (which is in the gallery... a couple of you have commented already) they mention how weird she looks. I pulled my camera up and said, "Smile, you hot mamas!!!" and clicked. that's why they both have weird looks on their faces. I don't know if Alice said anything to either of us the entire time she was at our table. poor girl...

we then packed up our gear and headed out, skipping the long line that had formed for pictures with Mary Poppins. we went out to the bus stop and waited for the bus to Typhoon Lagoon, which came fairly shortly.

it was extra magic hours in the morning at Typhoon Lagoon, but we got there barely in time to beat the crowds and get in about 10 minutes before it opened to the general public. this provided us with just enough of a window to get to the shark reef before the marauding hordes.

we got in line, got our equipment (mask and snorkel), and showered off.

there wasn't much of a line and we were both really excited. I even brought my underwater camera! Crystal works at the Sea Lab here and graduated in Marine Biology, so she's experienced with snorkeling and she's given me lessons in the pool on several occasions, so we were ready and knew what we were doing. the problem was that most of the people didn't, and the water was a lot colder than most people were expecting.

the way it works is that they have two shark reef pools side by side. they are long and a bit curved from end to end. they let five people get in on one side, duck down into the water to get used to the temperature and to make sure they are going to be able to breathe out of the snorkel and swim at the same time. you'd be surprised, but a lot of people can't do it. I saw the lifeguards have to jump in and pull out several kids who couldn't get the hang of breathing through the snorkel.

there were a couple things I didn't like about it. for one, they don't let you go underwater. Crystal tried to dive to look at things a little closer and she got in trouble. you also can't use your feet, which was a problem for us because when you're snorkeling you don't use your hands/arms at all and only use your feet/flippers to swim. so I was trying to swim with my arms and wind my camera at the same time, which was kinda a pain. but I got some good shots of the marine life in there, and a good shot of Crystal underwater, all of which will be posted in my gallery soon.

we got out and I rode the Humunga Cowabunga while Crystal waited (she doesn't like body slides). then we rode a slide where everybody sits in the same big round tube. it was pretty fun. we rode a few more slides that were ok and then we hit the wave pool.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with how most wave pools work, but here it is anyway... Most wave pools, every 15 minutes or so, spit out a slew of small to medium sized waves for about 10 minutes. well, not the one at Typhoon Lagoon!!! every 90 seconds, it spits out a 6 foot wave, followed by its younglings of small to medium size waves. now I know what you're thinking, "6 Feet? that's it??? that's not big!!!" but you have to remember that this is 6 feet ABOVE the water level. so you're in the water with your head poking out, and the crest of the wave is 6 FEET above that! so the crest of the wave is basically about 12 feet off the bottom of the pool (where we were standing). and I'm telling ya, when that thing comes through, there is not one person left standing on their feet! it was awesome! you'd hear this loud "whump!!!" kinda sound, which meant to watch your butt b/c the wave was coming, and then everyone in the pool would start screaming!!!! it was so much fun!!! we had the underwater camera with us, so I got a shot of Crystal right before it hit her, and she got a shot of me right when it hit me and right after it hit me (underwater). then we went up onto the banks of the wave pool, which are about 12-14 feet over the pool and took some shots of the big wave as it careened towards the masses. all of the pictures will be posted eventually, but none of them really do the whole thing justice.

it was nearly time to leave to make our lunch reservations by then, but we had just enough time to sneak in the Crush N Gusher before we left. it was awesome! they call it a water roller coaster and that means that you are in a 2 or 3 person tube that is being propelled through turns, twists, and up and down hills, by jets of water. I got a pic of us as we went down our first big drop. Crystal screamed through the whole thing, then we wiped out in the pool at the end and everyone laughed. good times.

our lunch reservation was at Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. we didn't think it would be a pain to get to, being as we were basically right across the street from it, but buddy, it was. we finally had to just talk a bus driver into dropping us off there, which was nice of him to do.

I had never been to a Planet Hollywood, but it wasn't anything too special. we had a meal voucher and a merchandise voucher for it, which is the only reason we went. if you have ever been to a Hard Rock Cafe, it's a lot like that, only instead of music, its focus is movies and movie memorabilia. once again, we had burgers and fries and salad. meh, whatever...

we then went to the gift shop to see what we could get with our merchandise voucher. I was thinking a tshirt or mug or something nice, but the guy behind the counter said, "you can either take 15% off something in the store, or you can have something Disney picked out for you." I felt like I was on Let's Make a Deal, like I could have 15% off, or go for the mystery prize that Disney had picked out for us. we went for the mystery prize, which turned out to be a Planet Hollywood keychain about the size of a dime that looke like it came out of a Cracker Jack box. oh well. so the whole Planet Hollywood thing was a bit of a bust, we were still having a great day!

we talked another bus driver into dropping us off at Typhoon Lagoon and then we just hit the wave pool till time to leave for dinner in Epcot.

getting to Epcot from Typhoon Lagoon was a pain, and it took forever. I knew the Swan and Dolphin were close to it, so we hopped a bus from Typhoon Lagoon to the Swan, then we walked around forever trying to find the way to Epcot from there and finally find a boat dock and a boat arrived that was going to Epcot.

we got to Epcot about 10 minutes before our reservations and ran from the World Showcase to the Coral Reef.

the Coral Reef is the only nice dinner my family ever ate in Disney World. we stayed in my parents RV, so we ate breakfast at the RV, usually a counter service lunch, then ate something at the RV for dinner. but one time, my dad decided that he was gonna take us to the Coral Reef b/c he thought that was the coolest thing ever. well, we were kinda dumb and did several dumb things. for one thing, when they brought the bread out, my parents didn't know it was free and that we could eat it, so at first they wouldn't let any of us touch it (back then it wasn't a usual custom for restaurants to just give away free food). we finally got to tear into it and me and my sister ripped that thing to shreds (it was a loaf sorta thing and it wasn't sliced properly, only halfway). then, they provided finger bowls, which me and my sister promptly drank! then, when we left, we didn't know they added the gratuity into the check, so my dad left our waitress a big tip... on top of the auto-grat!!! the waitress came out and was thanking us over and over!

so being as I had fond, funny memories of the place, and how the day had been a water day, and how Crystal was a Marine Biologist, I thought this was the perfect place to be at the time! and it turned out to be exactly that.

I told the hostess that it was our honeymoon (she already knew) and that we would wait as long as it took to get a table next to the tank. Crystal didn't know what I had said, so she was starting to get a bit irate when people who had come in after us kept getting seated.

we got our seats, right next to the tank, and our waiter brought out our menus... which were personalized! they had two fish kissing and said, "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Hightower!!!" awesome!

well, for those who have been, I don't have to tell you how good the food is. I'm from the coast, and normally won't eat seafood anywhere besides on the coast, but the food at the Coral Reef tastes fresh (maybe they get it out of the tank???). our waiter was about the nicest fella you could ever want to meet, and to reward him for being so nice, and to stay with tradition, I tipped him some extra on top of his gratuity. this was also one of the few dinners where we had ****tails, and they were really good. I had one called "Octopus Juice" and it was tasty tasty!!! long live the Coral Reef!!!!

that night was Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom, so we decided between going there, staying at Epcot for awhile, going to Pleasure Island, or just going home. in the end, we went back to the Wilderness Lodge, ducked into the mercantile and bought out their entire supply of canned mixed drinks (the liquor is already in it!!!). then we went back to 1022 (our room) and had a party.

end of Day 6.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....I really love reading these. They just make my day. **still chuckling over the finger bowls...LOL Sounds like Crystal and I would get along great...i cant stand the body slides either. We could lounge by the pool while you and my BF go get really big wedgies on the speed slides, then we would laugh at you both. LOL

So where is the more about the drunk lady? We are waiting for more of her exploits....lol

more drunk lady exploits on Day 7. thanks for asking and reading!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Wonderful once again! Makes me want to go eat at the Coral Reef. But I feel that way all the time!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast