Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Honeymoon, May 28th thru June 7 in the Vacation Planning forums; Just have to subsribe to this so I can catch up on this thread when I get a minute or two! Anxious to read...sure you guys had a great time! ...
    Just have to subsribe to this so I can catch up on this thread when I get a minute or two! Anxious to read...sure you guys had a great time! No place like WDW to honeymoon!!!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    more coming soon, I promise. we're moving from my apartment into a house, so we're pretty busy. and since some stuff is packed up, I have no clue where my notebook is that has our itinerary in it.

thanks for all the positive responses, and I promise I'll get some more up asap.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Day 8, Sunday, June 4th

we woke up this day, rolled out of bed, threw ourselves together, then walked down to Whispering Canyon for breakfast. this time we knew what we wanted: two skillets, a fruit plate, two coffees, two ojs. it came quick b/c the restaurant was pretty much empty at 8:00am and out server was funny as ****. he reminded me of a roommate I useta have who had tourette's.

they messed up our skillets, so by the time everything was said and done we had about 4 single-serving skillets on the table. all the pinecone shaped waffles we could eat!!! woohoo!!!!

we ate our breakfast and caught the bus to MGM for our second, and last, day there.

when we went into MGM this time we had only one priority: to catch the Beauty and the Beast show which we had skipped on our previous day at MGM. so we basically walked straight to the Beauty and the Beast amphitheatre, saw what time it started, then just did something (can't remember exactly what) till it started.

we got there fairly early and got some decent seats, but the inside of that theatre was like an oven. it seriously was like a greenhouse. the roof is like a screen thing, so the heat comes in, but doesn't go back out. the seats were bleacher-style and in my old age, my back was killing me. but, I can't complain because the show was great and I got some good pics (to be posted soon).

by the time the show was over we had to hightail it to our lunch reservation at the 50's Prime Time Diner. thankfully, it seems like MGM is smaller than the other parks, so it only took us a few minutes to get there. we checked in and they told us to wait in "Dad's Den" which looked, literally, like a dad's den straight out of some suburban house in the 50s. we're easily impressed, but I hafta say, this place has got the atmosphere nailed down.

we were seated at a table that wasn't anywhere near a tv, unfortunately. but we could see one across from us. our waitress was awesome. she made me take my hat off and she was really impressed that I ate my beans first AND cleaned my plate. I had a brownie sundae for dessert and it would have been amazing if it didn't have dang Cracker Jacks on it. I hate Cracker Jacks.

after lunch we rode ToT one last time and went back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and to get ready for dinner at Victoria and Albert's.

we put our fancy clothes on and, for the first and only time of our trip, called a taxi to get us to the Grand Floridian. I would have just felt funny on the bus in a suit with Crystal in a dress.

we were scheduled for a 9:00pm seating but arrived at around 8:15 and checked in. the hostess directed us to a lounge that was nearby. Crystal got a ****tail and I got a coffee. I took my coat off, but still had on a vest, which I think is why some random lady kept asking me, "do we order here or do we just sit down?" I told her, "I guess you can just sit down," wondering why in the heck she decided to ask me for bar advice. Crystal told me that the valets in front had on vests, so she probly thought I worked there. but she asked me like 5 times until she saw me getting my drinks and going back to my seat. then she realized that I didn't work there and got all embarassed. oh well...

we drank our drinks and right when I was about to go back up to the bar to order more, the maitre d' came in and told us our table was ready. he was a gentlemanly chap named Israel who, if not working for V&A's could easily have a career as a CM at the Haunted Mansion. I liked him quite a bit, though I couldn't show it.

we sat down at our table and our waitress came by. she asked where we were from and when I told her Mobile she tried to engage me in conversation about how real estate is really booming on the Gulf Coast. I shook my head in agreement but also tried to make it clear that I was just a poor joe with a job who had no clue about investments, real estate, or anything dumb like that. she was a sweet lady (Ann was her name) and I guess she was just trying to talk to me about something she knew about my area.

our other server was really cool too. his name was Dan and he told us everything about every course that came out. when we first came to this place we were nervous that it might be a bit too "uppity" for us and that we would be uncomfortable. however, if any of you people out there in TVland are thinking that, don't. our servers were the nicest and most down-to-earth people you would ever want to meet, and they made us feel comfortable and important.

the food was about the best I have ever had, or probly will ever have, and the whole dinner was nothing short of spectacular. they gave us personalized menus, a long stem rose for Crystal, and a piece of chocolate that had "Congratulations Travis and Crystal from the Cast of Victoria & Albert's" written on it. I felt like I had done something genuinely special for Crystal, especially since it cost an arm and a leg and the dinner was, obviously, not included with the premium plan.

but we went parasailing later on in the vacation, and while we didn't have to pay for that, it would have cost a little over $100 per person. and that's only for 10 minutes! we paid a little bit more than that for dinner, but we were there, and thoroughly entertained, for over 2 hours!!! I felt like we got our (my) money's worth, and would recommend it to anyone. we will be back if we can ever afford it.

I forked over all my money to V&A's, but we called a taxi anyway. I told him to wait outside. I ran in, grabbed some cash moneys out of our safe, and ran back out and gave it to him.

then we went to bed.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Excuse me sir, but can you direct me to the restroom...OH you dont work here? I guess I will just go back and talk to the ducks. LOL

Sounds wonderful.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Another FABULOUS day!!! Wow, V&As - you know how to do Disney in STYLE!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    LOL Vix you are too funny!!!

Travis thanks again for sharing yet another great day! I am glad you enjoyed MGM and the resturaunt sounds awesome!! Can't wait to read on.. Thanks again for sharing and Congratulations again!! WOO HOO!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Day 9, Monday, June 5th

well, friends, here we are again. time to relive past events and wallow in fond memories.

sorry for the delay in posts. we have been moving, plus my home internet connection is a thing of the past (at least for now). so, in a way, I am getting paid to type this, since I am at work. I also can't remember as many details as I could when the trip was still fresh in my mind, but I still have my itinerary, so I'll at least know where we went for our meals.

We started the day off as we always did. with a huge breakfast with oj and coffee. only this time we had a change of scenery, the Crystal Palace!

I felt I had to go to the Crystal Palace, since I had never been and I had Walt Disney talking about it on my DisneyLand USA dvd. I'm also a bit of a fan of the 100 Acre Wood gang. when I was a kid (I mean, a little kid, like a toddler) I had a ton of Winnie the Pooh stuff. just thinking about my little Winnie the Pooh tv brings a warm tear to my little eye. ha! (and btw, by Winnie the Pooh tv, I mean a vaguely tv-shaped thing that had a ribbon in it that had a Winnie the Pooh story on it. when you wound up the "dial" it would play the Pooh theme song and the ribbon would turn slowly around so you could read the story and see the pictures).

when I was very young my favorites were, of course, Tigger, Pooh, and Piglet. but as I have gotten older, I have gravitated more towards the more "adult" characters like Rabbit and Eeyore.

going to breakfast there lets you into the park a few minutes before anyone else, so it was nice to get there a bit early for our reservation, stroll down Main Street, and get some pictures of a nearly-empty park.

we got into our seats after waiting a bit and our waitress was very nice. when Crystal mentioned how much she loved the "puff french toast" our waitress brought out an envelope. inside the envelope was a card with a gold-embossed Mickey on the outside. on the inside of the card was the recipe for "puff french toast"! it even had the Crystal Palace logo and everything! sweet!

we got lots of pics with the characters, courtesy of our waitress, and left CP with full bellies.

we then stumbled back down Main Street, through the thronging hordes, and into City Hall, where we checked in for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. our tour guide was a lady named Rae, who was a certified MK veteran. she was awesome! I highly recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour to anyone, but I won't tell anyone where we went on it... b/c if you don't already know, I'm not gonna be the one to spoil anything. for a brief synopsis, I'll tell you that you tour a good portion of MK, both "onstage" and "backstage." also during the tour, you get lunch, which is normally at the Columbia Harbor House, but CHH was out of order or something so we had to go to Pecos Bill's. they really treated us like VIPs! we had our own section of the restaurant roped off and everyone was staring at us and asking us questions like we worked there. so if you are the type who gets off on people thinking that you work there, the Keys to the Kingdom tour may be for you for sure.

after the tour, we got a pic with Rae (see gallery) and rode the MK Railroad, which I had never done, completely around the park and back to Main Street. the railroad was awesome, it made it way better that there was actually stuff to look at while riding that you can't see anywhere else.

after our train ride we headed back to Wilderness Lodge for a dip in the pool and some shopping in the Mercantile.

we stayed at home till time to head out for Epcot and dinner.

our din din was at the San Angel Inn, and even though we had reservations, we had to wait a pretty good while. originally, I had planned that this was going to be our last night, so I booked the SAI because I think the atmosphere is quite nice and that it would be a nice, quaint, place to eat and get a few drinks for our last night. the food was great (I dunno what some people are thinking when they say they don't like it. it's not like Taco Bell or one of those cookie-cutter Mexican joints where you order by number) and the service was awesome!!! our waitress was SO nice! she took a pic of us and a waiter jumped into the background and made a funny face (which I thought was hilarious, but the waitress got mad at him).

after dinner we bought a Dia de la Muerte shadowbox that was skeletons having a wedding and playing fiddles. perfect for us!

then we had to haul tail over to Morocco Landing to get there in time for our reserved seating for Illuminations.

Illuminations was awesome! even better than I remember! it was just another thing that made me say, "that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life."

on the bus ride home, the bus was PACKED, as I'm sure it is every night just after the parks close. we stood right at the front and were the last two to get on the bus. and our bus driver was the MAN. as soon as he saw that we were honeymooners, he took it upon himself to humiliate us over the intercom on the bus on the way home. he asked us questions about Disney trivia (which we both knew every answer for, since we had just been on the tour and all. when we got to the resort, he made the whole bus cheer for us as we got off the bus. he shook my hand and told me congratulations and looked me in the eye, so I could tell he really meant it.

so that was our day. originally meant to be our last day, but we were so glad it wasn't.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, another day to go after this one? I am so excited!
    Also, it sounds like you had fun on the Keys tour - I loved mine!
    Also roade around on the train right after.....
    Reliving it though a trip report is awesome, isn't it?
    But makes you want to plan your next trip!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Your trip reports are great, makes me feel like I need to go do all those things again!
    Maggie

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How cute are you with your Winnie the Pooh TV! Now I got to read the story that goes along with the pictures of Piglet and Pooh (that I so enjoyed) in your gallery. Wondering if I saw the one with the waiter making a funny face, is that in there as well?
    I guess I had missed your June 22nd post, got a chuckle out of the dang Cracker Jack on your dessert and how you couldn't show the Maitre d' how much you liked him...good stuff.

Travis is the awesomest.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    This has been such a pleasure to read - I'm loving it!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Day 10, Tuesday, June 6th, 2006

well, it's been almost a year since this date. in fact, this time last year is when this trip happened! but, lately I've been planning an upcoming trip in December, which made me think about last year's trip and also made we think, "I never did finish that trip report!" so, rather than abandon it completely, I felt I should finish it before I start another one when we get back in December. once again, I can't remember too many details, since it's been so long, but I have my itinerary from last year, so I will still know the highlights. thanks for reading and here we go....

the best wake-ups of all are the ones where you can just get up and shuffle to breakfast without leaving your resort. and this day was one of those. unfortunately for us, our breakfast reservations were for 7:30am! so we woke up really early and made our bleary way over to the Whispering Canyon for breakfast. the restaurant was almost completely empty, which made me wonder why I needed to make reservations at all! we easily could have walked in at this time in the morning. however! our waiter was extremely attentive because he didn't have anyone else to wait on. and when he saw our honeymoon buttons, he pulled up a chair and told us all about how he was about to get married and he and his wife were going to honeymoon at Disney. we really enjoyed talking with him about stuff like Disney honeymooning and how he met his future wife. I'll probably remember him forever because he was so enthusiastic and excited about getting married and meeting another couple who were just as excited as he was. then he made us race each other with wooden horses. I won.

then we hopped on the boat over to the Magic Kingdom and hung out there until lunch. the crowds had grown considerably since our first day there. we were genuinely amazed at how quickly it went from being fairly empty (our first day) to completely choked with crowds in early June. I don't remember exactly, but I think that between the time we got there and lunch that we just toured exhibits and stuff that you didn't have to wait in line for.

our lunch was at the Plaza restaurant at noon. it's on the last corner on the right, headed towards the castle, just under the window with Walt's name in it. I think this place is underrated b/c the atmosphere was so much fun! we had ice cream treats for our appetizer AND for dessert! (another reason why I gained weight while on the honeymoon). just as we were finishing up dessert, some of the Main Street townsfolk came in, greeting everyone! I don't know their names, but I know one of them was the mayor because when he saw us with our honeymoon pins on, he had a sit down and gave me some sage advice on marriage. a female member of his entourage sat next to my new bride and they talked about something. then, when we left, they followed us out and we all walked down Main Street together, talking and laughing freely while the mayor introduced himself, and us!, to other random people on Main Street. it was all very surreal but fun! at the foot of Main Street we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, with plenty of well-wishes from our new pals, the locals!

I think after this we caught the Hall of Presidents at some point before we had dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. one thing that was weird to me was that, even though we always had reservations, we always had a fairly substantial wait until we were actually seated and could eat. but, now that I remember some of our experiences, I guess if you don't make reservations, you don't get in at all!

we had a seat and, once again, we were next to another honeymooning couple! so, again, when the characters came by, we took pictures of them and they took pictures of us. Goofy, in particular, made a big fuss over both couples. he did a dance and acted like he was gonna faint. then he made me and Crystal hold hands for our picture, with him in the background doing something (I think this pic is in my gallery). I told him that he had a good look going (the characters all dress for the period, Colonial America) that reminded me of Ichabod Crane. as soon as I mentioned Ichabod Crane, he started shaking like a leaf because he was so scared of the Headless Horseman! I think he may have been my favorite Goofy that we ever met!

after dinner we went back to the room and changed clothes to go to Cirque du Soleil. we were both very excited about this because Cirque is something we had both wanted to do for a long long time. the show was definitely one of the coolest things I have ever seen! it made me say, yet again, "that was the coolest thing I have ever seen!" our favorite part were these little asian girls who did this act with these yo-yo type things. it was basically a spool balanced on a string, which they threw around and caught and did amazing stuff with. if anyone has the time and money to do this (the tickets are kinda pricey, I think. they were included in our package), I HIGHLY suggest it. our departure day was intended to be this day, but Cirque was on holiday for our entire trip, until this day, so I ended up extending our trip by one day and it was definitely worth it! the only problem was that a 10 day park hopper pass is, apparently, the longest you can get without buying a new ticket or having an annual pass, so our last day couldn't be spent in a park. but more on that day (June 7th, the next day) when I get around to its own report.

after Cirque we caught the bus from DTD and went home for some sleep.

I have a question for you.. On your honeymoon what was the number one best all time greatest place you went to eat to celebrate your marriage? What place went out of their way for you the most? Any recommendations?
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

probably Victoria & Albert's. they definitely are almost obscenely attentive to your needs and it seems like we got a lot of "free" stuff from them too (personalized menus, a rose, a personalized piece of chocolate, etc.). I guess other than that, I felt like our most romatic meal was at one of the following places: Alfredo di Roma, Cinderella's Royal Table (there were, of course, tons of kids, but they made us feel very special), the Hoop Dee Doo Revue (again, it was a riotous time, but the actors got my wife on stage, referred to us constantly by name, and gave us free stuff), the Coral Reef (free stuff and we got to sit right next to the tank, which was cool b/c my wife is a marine biologist), and San Angel Inn (the atmosphere is dark, quiet, and pretty darn romantic. especially for a theme park restaurant).

the only places I would definitely not recommend for a romantic meal (keep in mind that these don't mean we didn't love them, it just means I wouldn't consider them romantic at all) are: any character meal (too loud and too many unsupervised kids), Les Chefs de France (keep in mind "French" doesn't always mean quiet and romantic), Rainforest Cafe (too loud), Whispering Canyon (too loud and too much activity what with people yelling and running all over the dining room), Planet Hollywood (duh. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, regardless of their purposes), Biergarten (you sit at the same table with other guests and it's a buffet), 50's Prime Time (fun, but definitely not romantic), and the Plaza (too loud and too crowded. you sit elbow to elbow with other guests, who usually have kids with em).

Thanks.. I appreciate it..
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast