Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Honeymoon, May 28th thru June 7 in the Vacation Planning forums; Sounds like you had an absolutely amazing honeymoon! That's really special! I'm glad that it was so special for you and your wife and that everything seems to be going ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sounds like you had an absolutely amazing honeymoon! That's really special! I'm glad that it was so special for you and your wife and that everything seems to be going on the right track for you two!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'm so jealolus! V&A's! *sigh*

Everything I've heard has been that its an absolutely amazing experience for everyone!!! I'm so happy!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    V&A's is definitely an experience. It's not just dinner, it's your evening's entertainment. I think we were in there for well over 3 hours!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Red face Day 11, Wednesday, June 7th

Our last day.

We didn't have any tickets to any of the parks left (a 10 day MYW Park Hopper is the most you can get. or at least it was at that time), so this day we had to figure out other things to do. not hard at Disney!

We took a bus to Animal Kingdom, then another bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and had breakfast at Boma. It was VERY good. I liked the food better than the usual breakfast stuff we had been getting, but it is a buffet, and I generally don't care for buffets. but like I said, Boma had some cool stuff for breakfast, like a bunch of different curries. or they would take scrambled eggs and doctor them up with African spices or meats. it was different, but not too exotic, and definitely tasty and relaxing.

we actually were kinda relieved that we didn't have to fight the crowds at the park this day. and since our flight wasn't until that night, we had almost all day to lounge around and do whatever we wanted to until we went PARASAILING!!!!

we ended up arriving at the Contemporary very early and actually had a very long conversation with one of the managers at the Contemporary about parasailing. he told us all about how he was too chicken to go, but that his daughters had been trying to convince him to go. he asked to report back to him whether it was fun or not. he made us feel very special.

we got signed in for the parasailing at Sammy Duvall's and got into the boat with a man and his two kids, a son and a daughter. the guys who operated the boat had a big pirate flag on their boat, and they were a couple of young dudes who were very funny and easy to get along with. originally, Crystal and I were going to go tandem for the parasailing, but we were too heavy (the total weight must be under 250lbs). but it didn't matter b/c with the premium package you can get unlimited recreation, so we just went separately. I wanted to go first, but she insisted that she went first. I think she just wanted to get it over with!

the man and his son went up together first. there's a picture of the two of them in my gallery. in fact, there's numerous pics from this adventure in my gallery.

the man's daughter chickened out, so he and his son went up again! then it was our turn.

Crystal went up first and I got lots of shots of her from in the boat. then she came down. the way the parasailing works is this:

first off, if everything goes right, you won't get wet. we wore our swimsuits anyway. first, they strap you into a life jacket. then, they strap the life jacket, with you in it, to a sort of harness/chair thing. then you sit down in the stern of the boat and the boat picks up speed. then they let the 'chute out and away you go into the blue yonder! you hang out up there for about 10 minutes, getting a totally sweet bird's eye view of the Magic Kingdom and surrounding area (see my pics, again). then, you are attached to the boat by a cable, they start to reel you in like a big flying fish! the cable is attached to a wench, and they slowly bring you down (so slow you don't even realize you are going down at first). when you get to the boat, they just haul you back into the boat and unhook you from the whole contraption. it is really fun, relaxing, and interesting to get that sort of view of the land around there!

I went up after Crystal and took loads of pics from up there, including a self-portrait and a pic of the Contemporary that everyone says I should send to Disney so they could use it on a postcard.

I came down and we dutifully reported back to the hotel manager that our parasailing trip was definitely worth doing!!! he seemed happy with that.

then, we went to lunch for our last meal at WDW.

when we had woken up that morning and realized we would be at WDW till late afternoon, we also realized we had a lot of meal credits left that, somehow, we hadn't used. so I called reservations to see what we could get into and told the lady on the phone that we would be parasailing that day. so she got us a reservation at the Concourse Steakhouse!

unfortunately, the Concourse Steakhouse is not going to be open anymore (it may already be closed), but we are glad we got to eat there while it was open! the atmosphere was very nice. even though it was right next to Chef Mickey's it was very quiet, and to see and hear the monorail swooshing over our heads made it seem that much more fun and exciting. I had a New York Strip medium-rare and it was very tasty! we had a scary moment when I handed her my MYW keycard and she ran it and said that there were no more meal vouchers on it! so we gave her Crystal's card and hers worked. I thought that was kinda weird. we chalked it up to the fact that I had it in my pocket in the pool, but who knows...

we left the Contemporary and went for a swim back home at the sweet sweet Wilderness Lodge. if I had my way, we'd stay there every time, but Crystal wants to try new places (women! kidding.). I cannot express how much I loved the Wilderness Lodge. I miss it all the time.

then the Magical Express bus came and hauled us away, kicking and screaming. but we couldn't get away that easy! no!

who should get on the Magical Express bus right as it is pulling away? you guessed it! crazy drunk duck lady and her poor family who, I can only guess, had been through the wringer that week!
    they were kinda rednecks, so my first thought was, "Oh **** ******** ****** *** *******, they are gonna be on the same plane as us!" b/c we live in a sorta redneck area (the Southeast). fortunately, that did not turn out to be so. fortunately for them, that is, as you will see shortly!

the crazy drunk duck lady was weeping hysterically while her husband (who looked a lot like a guy I work with) tried to console her and their two boys played gameboy and kicked the seats in front of them. it was both sad and funny to hear her sobs of, "that was the nicest thang anywon's ever done fer me! I'll never ferget that! My bleach-blonde hairdo will never be the same!" blah blah blah
    I felt kinda bad for her, but to see how embarassed her family was, it was kinda funny.

the Express stopped at the Grand Floridian to pick up some more folks and she hopped off the bus! I thought she was making an escape attempt, but instead, against the vocal bus driver's wishes, she was just standing outside the door of the bus smoking cigarettes like crazy!

when she got back on, I think she had calmed down quite a bit b/c that's the last thing I remember of her. that vision of her standing just outside the double doors of the bus in her denim shorts and bleachblonde hair, ****ing down cigs and tapping her foot impatiently.

the Magical Express in-ride movie was Alice in Wonderland. cool.

our flight to Atlanta was horribly delayed, so once we finally got to Atlanta, we missed our flight home and had to hustle to get vouchers from the airline for free room and board. the "board" turned out in the form of a $3 large white pizza from some sketchy-as-heck pizza joint next to the "hotel." hotel is in quotation marks b/c it was basically a roach motel. oh well. not everything can be the Wilderness Lodge!

the next morning we woke up and made our flight home without any problems, where my parents picked us up at the airport to, presumably, begin our "happy ever after."

THE END.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great stuff dood, now I can't wait to read the next one (guess I'll have to wait until you actually go on your trip).

thanks! yes, I must get there and back for another trip report. unfortunately, that includes the "get back" part. that's the part that gets me.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Going through withdrawals at the moment myself....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345