Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney World June 26-29,2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; June 26,2006 Up and at it at 3am to catch a 6:10am flight on Airtran. We were up in the air by 630am and had a two hour lay over ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Disney World June 26-29,2006

June 26,2006

Up and at it at 3am to catch a 6:10am flight on Airtran. We were up in the air by 630am and had a two hour lay over in Atlanta. When we reboard flight 640 they overbooked and a group of teenage school kids obviously could not read their boarding passes as to which seat to sit in. Air Tran did offer if you wanted to take a bump and get free tickets for your nex travel plans.

We made it to Orlando International without any further incidents by 1148am. Onward to the Magical Express lines and onto our Beach Club accomadtions

While checking in at the front desk the cast member bumped us up to the 5th floor Concierge level which was totally sweet. (you had to insert your key in the elevator to even get on that floor). While checking in Alana went over to the next desk to pick up our Hoop-de-do Revue tickets, i gave her the money and she came back 5 minutes later saying it was more than that, but she misunderstood she thought the cast member said $285 instead of $200.85 (her ears were stilled plugged from the plane i guess). The room is pretty with a balconey that has 2 chairs and a table. The kids think its really cool they have bathrobes in the room.

After checking out the room and concierge services we head off to beaches and cream for lunch it was very good. Alana had the chicken sandwich, Kelsey a cheeseburger, Kerri had a chicken cesear salad and I had a turkey sandwich and for desert a single scoop of ice cream all around. It came to $68 (thank goodness for the dining plan)

Back to the room so the kids can change and go swimming and check out the ship wreck slides. With dark clouds looming overhead they closed the pool 30 minutes after being there for lightening and thunder (don't want any one to get hurt) and the dluge of rain started. So back upstairs to change.

The rain slowed so we decided to go to the Magic Kingdom and well it started to rain again. We made it to Mickey's Philharmagic and Big Thunder Mountain before it started monsooning. Since we were already soaked we headed for splash mountain when we got to the boarding of the logs they closed the ride. So off to the country bear jamboree. After being totally soaked we headed back to the room and get out of our wet clothes

Off to the 930pm showing of the Hoop de do Revue which is very funny and the food was yummy. We turned in for the night at 130am

June 27, 2006

Up at 630am seem like I should have been getting dressed for work. As I was curling my hair the kids were waking up at 645am. Alana's first words of the day "Lets go party". After every one was up and dressed we went down to the concierge room for cereal and fruit. Alana had to get her room key/passes redone as it go demagnitized yesterday.

So off to Epcot we go.....we came through the Internaton Gateway at 830am (seemed weird to see it so quiet) and picked up passports for the girls to do.

We head for Soarin which had a 50 minute wait which went quick. We all like the smell of the ocean and orange groves. After Soarin we headed off to Turtle Talk with Cruch which had a 2-hour wait so we just checked out the aquariums.

Headed through innoventions and stopped at the character connection for photos, then over to Test Track were we did the 30 minuted single rider line. (we ended up in cars right behind each other) As we made it through the Test track store the deluge of rain started again, so we waited a few minuted then donned our ponchos and headed over to World Showcase. We decided to have lunch at San Angel Inn (the one by the lagoon) for our quick lunch we all had tacos which were very good. ($58 for lunch thank goodness for dining plan) We headed into the Mexico Pavilion and rode El Rio del Tempo:The river of time which for some reason had no wait. We did a little browsing in the shops.

In China we checked out the House of Whispering Willows which has some nice art and artifacts.

Germany we just looked around at the shops. In Italy we watched the juggler outside and browed the stores.

American Pavilion they moved the voices of liber inside because of the weather so after watching their wonderful performance whe stayed for the American Adventure show and checked out the pin station.

Japan we went through the Byutsu Kan Gallery and the Mitsukoshu merchandise store.

Morrocco we listend to Mo-Rockins and checked out the pavilion

"Bonjour" - as we were approach France - Alana got excited becuase she saw Belle and wanted to get a photo with her (Never mind she is 17) (They are doing Beauty and the Beast for the musical next school year). We browsed the shops and i had a glass of wine at Les Vins de France.

We spent alot of time in the UK listening to the British Invasion and shopping. Kelsey bought a British soccer jacket and Kerri got tea for her mom.

Since we live 30 minutes from Canada we just snapped alot of photos. Alana went into Northwest Merchantile fo see what kind of Roots merchandise they had.

As we made our way to the front of the park we did honey i shrunk the audience, journey into imagination and ice cool station. The girls like the lemon limes pop (soda) from Isreal but thought "Beverly" pop (soda) tasted like cough medicine.

We hopped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom to the boat to the Wilderess Loges for dinner at Whispering Canyone Cafe which was good. We had "Raging Red" (Waitress) who threw straws and napkins at us, and she brought Alana a huge lemonade. Alana, Kerri and I had the chicken pasta, Kelsey had the meatloaf. For a total fo $159 (thank goodness for dining plan)

After dinner we went to Downtown Disney Marketplace for shopping. We made it back to the room at 1030pm and went to the quiet pool for swimming.

**None of the kids wanted to do the movies or Mission Space because they get sick in movies in the round and Mission Space didn't interest them***

More will be coming soon

flutter is offline Moderator
    I sometimes feel sick in those movies too. Sounds like you guys had fun....and appreciated the meal plan

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Great reports - so far!!

Here's looking forward to more!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Sounds like y'all had a great time. What is the secret to getting bumped up, I wonder?! I love Whispering Canyon!!! Oh, and that Beverly will get ya everytime!!!!

Can't wait for more.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

April 28, 2006

Awake at 5am, why oh why can't I sleep in while on vacation. Kids are up at 645am quick breakfast then off to Animal Kingodom.

We made it there in time for the rope drop but we were chatting and totally missed it. Animal Kingdom was packed today. Expedition Everst here we come....the detailing and stories with this are amazing....the ride is self is alot of fun. We made sure we did the rider swap since Kelsey doesn't like coasters. Next on to Kali River Rapids, Maharajah Jungle Trek. After we conquered Asia we headed for DinoLane and rode Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. Then onton Kilmanjaro Safaries in Africa. We some how finished every we wanted to do by noon so back to the resort fo swimming and lefts overs for lunch.

About 4pm we headed to MGM (the Studios) an head to Lights Motor Action and the Backlot Tour. Kerri and Alana did the the tower of terror and rock n roller coaster and we made it to the 630pm show of Beauty and the Beast.

We had dinner at Rosie's All American Cafe. (3 cheesburgers and chicken fingers.) After dinner we moved on to The Magic of Disney Animation, Millionare then over to Indiana Jones. We did a little window shopping an made our way out by 930pm

Back to the hotel were we jumped into the pool and started packing.

June 29,2006

Oh boy! oh boy! Do i dread checking out and leaving the homeland.

Alana made breakfast reservation at Cape May Cafe with the characters at 915am but we were seated by 9 and done by 940. We made our way to Magic Kingdom and did Space Mountain, Buzz Spaceranger spin, Mickey's Philharmagic, Dumbo, Big Thunder mountain. We did some shopping on Main Street were Kelsey found a sweatshirt.

We were back by 115pm at the resort so Alana and Kerri took a dip in the pool and we grabbed a quick lunch at Hurricane Hannah's. We finished and were outside for the 240pm Magical Express to the airport.

They started loading the plane at 5:20pm for a 5:50pm take off. After everyone was seated and seat belted in we sat for an hour on the plane at the gate waiting for the pilots to get flight information. We made it to Atlanta which they were holding our connection because there was about 15 of us coming from Orlando...so we eventually made it home by 12am.

Why does Diseny Vacations go so fast.....i wanna go back

Kids were saying the reason we got bumped was good looks and charm. I think not

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sounds like you had a great trip, Kellie! For such a short time you sure packed it all in!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wow, that was a quick breakfast, but you had doings going on.....

Glad you had fun!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

timned88 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    hey, you were there the same time i was....hope you had fun.
    are you going back in 3 weeks like i am (made you jealous, made you jealous....)

Tim Devine, owner of THE MAGIC IN PIXELS.