Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lou's Trip Report now online in the Vacation Planning forums; You asked for it... and now (like it or not) you got it! I've just posted the first installment of my September 2004 Trip Report in the "Ask Lou..." section ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Lou's Trip Report now online

You asked for it... and now (like it or not) you got it!

I've just posted the first installment of my September 2004 Trip Report in the "Ask Lou..." section HERE. It's called:

"The Adventures of Frontierland Lou "
    a.k.a. Princess Marion's First Trip "Home"
    (thanks to Mickeybabe for the great suggestions!)

This is just Day One, with Day Two to be posted soon. There is also a link at the bottom of the page to some additional photos I uploaded to my Gallery HERE.

I hope you enjoy it (and you don't find it too long and/or boring!) I have a tendency to ramble. It's the lawyer in me!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I loved it - can't wait to read day 2!!! The pictures are priceless!!!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Wow Lou! What a great first day! From your pictures, it seems Princess Marion had a great first day too! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    (insert sound of tapping foot here), while we wait for the next episode of......."Lou goes Home!"....
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    is that a tear im shedding while reading that? your daughter is beautiful! what a smile-and those eyes! you can see she's daddys girl already! when will day two be up?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    great report

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Nice pics Lou. You did a bit in those first few hours.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Part Two of Lou's Trip Report
    is now posted in the"Ask Lou..." section of the site.

There's also a link to my new September Trip Photo Album in the Galleries.

I hope you enjoy (and are not terribly bored by) this second installment of my Trip Report. Look for

Lou's Trip Report
    Episode III
    Return of the Mongellos
    Coming Soon!
    Lou Mongello

For those of you who have been requesting it...

Working on "Episode III" as we speak...
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Great report so far, Lou. Makes mine look bad though. However, I used the Reader's Digest method.

Speaking of WWTBAM, the key is to keep pressing the button as soon as you know the answer, that is even before the lights light up. Learned that from a veteran. Sadly, IMHO, there are a group of folks that play WWTBAM all day and almost every other day. There was one couple who have played over 600 times and been in hot seat over 10 times each. The most they have won is 5 WDW pins. The husband was in the hot seat during our show and he missed the $200 question. I asked a CM and he told me there are about 15 "regulars" who are mostly handicapped and/or elderly and they sit in the same seats 300-320 all the time and a few are always in the top 10 show after show. They all think they are going to win a Disney Cruise. Our host was Tracy Woo. They said she was a famous TV star, but I had never seen her before, but she probably never saw me either! Did take a couple of pics before they said no photography of any kind.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 10-09-2004 at 11:14 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks, JC!!! I'll try and get the next installment online today or tomorrow.

You're trip report was great as well! (OK, so I'm a little [make that a lot] long-winded). Hope mine isn't too boring.

As for your WWTBAm tips, that's exactly what I do, and have ended up at the top of the list after the fastest-finger question winner gets on (I stink at those). That, or I blow it on a silly kids question (like who was Mr. Winkle!!!)) Ugh.
    Lou Mongello

Well, I looked outside my window this morning and saw a line of people outside my front door, waiting for the next installment of my Trip Report. It was like the line in front of Mann's Chinese Theater for a new Star Wars movie! People dressed in Lou and Deanna costumes, wielding Trivia Books and....

OK, well... not really.

Anyway, like it or not, the third part of my Trip Report, aptly called
    (I'm one of those Star Wars dorks who waits outside to see the midnight show, OK?) is now online

There's also a link to the Trip's Photo Album, which can be found Here

Heop you enjoy it
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It might be long winded, but worth the reading. :-)

I think there's a compliment in there somewhere

:laugh:

Alas, all good things must come to and end (and long-winded things like my Trip Report, too),

So, without further ado, here is

I hope you all enjoy it, and thanks for all of the nice emails and PMs about the reports.

Lou Mongello

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Lou- Seems like you guys had a blast! Sounds like my kind of vacation...breakfast, mid-morning snack, then lunch, followed by some kind of snack, then dinner (including dessert), then later, a bedtime snack. Lest I forget the midnight snack attack...
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast