Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Our Not So Scary Weekend Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Day One: Thursday, September 14: This day was kinda boring, because all we really did was spend 7 hours in the car in anticipation of getting to Disney World. We ...
    seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!

Our Not So Scary Weekend Trip

Day One: Thursday, September 14:

This day was kinda boring, because all we really did was spend 7 hours in the car in anticipation of getting to Disney World. We arrived at The Wilderness Lodge around 11 PM that night and just spent some time exploring the resort. This resort is beautiful. The lobby itself is just breathtaking. The only weird part was it was three adults on the trip; Christina, Matt, and I, and they gave us a room with Bunkbeds. I haven't slept in a bunkbed in YEARS, it was definately an odd experience. Christina and I being the gracious shorter people that we are surrendered the only queen bed in the room to Matt, you're welcome! After I crawled up to my bed, I realized that my feet could touch the foot board. I'm only 5'3", so if you're traveling with a group of taller adults I would strongly recommend that you request a non bunkbedded room.

Day Two: MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!!!

This morning, we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon, this restaurant is SOOOOO much fun. You have to be willing to goof off with your waitor or waitress, so make sure that everyone in your group has a sense of humor. After whispering canyon, we went off to the Magic Kingdom. The only way to the Magic Kingdom from the Wilderness Lodge is by boat. This is one of the only few drabacks of this resort for me. I loved staying there, but it just felt to me like the boats took a long time to travel especially if you have to stop at Fort Wilderness.

Once at the Magic Kingdom, we went into hyper drive. First stop was a picture at Lou's spot, after that we went to Pirates. We wanted to ride this first to see all the changes. If you've never been to Disney World during the middle of September, you should know that the parks are virtually empty. We walked right on Pirates, BUT we broke it. How lucky are we that the first ride we go on on the trip, we get stuck on. Go figure. After pirates, we walked through an empty adventureland over to Splash Mountain, once again we walked right on. BUT luky us we broke the ride again. Two for two, WOOHOOO!!!!! We started to get worried for the rest of our trip, and started to pray that this would be a continuing trend. After a thorough soaking on splash, we went over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to dry off. Again, walked right on. Luckily this ride didn't break on us, so we had our first uninterrupted adventure of the trip. After Big Thunder we started leisurely strolling over to the Haunted Mansion. Christina and I are Disney frequenters, and we're on a quest to finish everything in the World. We hadn't rode the Liberty Boat before, and it was loading as we walked by so we brilliantly thought "sure, why not" and we hopped on. BIG MISTAKE. That was a good 45 minutes of Disney World time that i'm never going to get back, it was SOOOOOO boring. I'm sure i've just offended some hard core Liberty Boat fans out there, but it's just not for me. I like my rides a little more action packed. After the boat ride was FINALLY done, we rode the Haunted Mansion, and I know you're going to recognize a theme here but we walked right on, and again BROKE THE RIDE. SERIOUSLY.

This post is getting really long, so i'm going to stop writing this segment now. Please stay tuned for further installments of our Not So Scary Weekend.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Oh, no! I think you broke the Thread! JK

Wow- what an adventure so far. Can't wait to see what else happens! Hopefully things didn't break during the Halloween Party!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, you guys were really unlucky with the rides! I wonder why everything was crapping out like that. I didn't remember the Liberty boat ride taking that long, made a mental note, guys, we are skipping that one! Linds said it well, we'll never get those precious minutes back.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Ok, here we go again - Gae, i'll try not to break the thread anymore.

While we were wandering around between rides, we spent some time on main street, and met the Mayor, saw the Barbershop quartet, and the Fire Chief. We went back up to Fantasyland and saw Mickey's Philharmagic. I know I don't admit to many favorites, so if you're looking for one of mine take note. This is my favorite 3-D show EVER. It's very well done, entertaining, and the stuff that they spray out smells SOOO good. The rest of fantasyland still had some lines so we went over to tomorrowland. On the way over we got some popcorn, it always smells SO good. When we got to tomorrowland, the tomorrowland countdown was playing. I've always thought this was kinda random - why is there a marching band playing in the middle of tomorrowland? But anyways, they're a lot of fun to listen to and to watch. After we ate our popcorn, we rode space mountain with no wait AND DIDN'T BREAK IT, FINALLY!! I love this ride, it's a classic. After Space Mountain, we had to hit the TTA because what trip would be complete without a ride on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, it's just something that we have to do every trip. After that I challenged Christina to a duel on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Sadly, I lost by 2000 points. After that we needed to head back to the hotel room to get clean and changed for the Halloween party. We ate lunch at Roaring Fork and the Wilderness Lodge, there wasn't really a lot of variety there but the food was good. We all went back to the room and I put on my Maleficent shirt and my mickey ears. I looked SOOOOO confused - I couldn't decide if I wanted to be good or bad. But I had to wear my ears, it was the halloween party, we all had them on. Oh well, there are worse things to be than a Mickey/Maleficent Hybrid. And now, off to the party - stay tuned for lots of not so scary fun!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Love the thread so far DW...Pics are great...I am borrowing the red castle one for my computer background cool with that? Donnie said it looks like chernabog coming up behind the castle.

Sure, you can use it!
    Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    TY GOOD cause I already did....HEHEHE didnt want ya to sue for copyright LOL

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Haven't read it yet, but wanted to post a woohoo anyways...
    Will have some reading to do when I get back from my meeting.
    Thanks Linds for sharing - and Christina too - can't wait to look at the pictures you uploaded too!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I also wanted to say what great pictures you took, and for anyone looking for them heres a link:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...2&ppuser=10048

Oh and by the way even though some of us like the slower atttractions like the riverboat, I can certainly understand that it's not everyone cup of tea, or that some trips just are not long enough to slow down and take in much of these slower paced type of experiances, I bet most folks who like the riverboat would see it the same way.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Ok, when we got to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party, they make you enter the right side of the park so you can get your bracelet and your Trick or Treating bag. Then you could get your Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party map. Now, we had just been at the magic kingdom a couple of hours before, so I didn't thing anything would be all that different yet. Boy was I wrong. I have no clue how they did it, but the Magic Kingdom already looked so different, and by the time the party actually started it was like a completely different park.

Since the park still wasn't that busy, and we had a couple of hours before the fun really started, we went back to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan's Flight and the Winnie the Pooh ride. We got to ride Winnie the Pooh with these really nice people that were at the party dressed as Alice and the Mad Hatter. They did a really great job with their costumes, looked very realistic. After that we went wandering through Mickey's Toon Town Fair to check out the decorations, then through tomorrowland. It was about 7 by then so we went back to the front of the castle to get our spot for the first Villain's Mix and Mingle Show. We took a spot on the hub just in front of the castle and figured we'd stay there through the first parade and the fireworks. Unfortunately, it started to rain a little so the first two villains shows were cancelled. The really cool part was that even though the villain show was cancled, I GOT TO MEET MALEFICENT. I LOVE MALEFICENT (if not sure, just check out the avatar). I've been waiting for years to be able to meet her, and they never ever let her out in the park. Just at the halloween party. It was a very special experience for me. Plus, it was a blast to just be in that area to people watch and see what everyone dressed up as. If you're going to this event I would highly recommend wearing a costume. It was so much fun!!!!

Past this, I don't want to go into too many details about the party in case people don't want to know about it before they go. I don't want to ruin it for anyone. If you want to know anymore just ask me. But we did watch the parade twice because it was just that cool. The Hallowishes fireworks display was very, VERY impressive. That alone was worth the price of the ticket. The only ride we rode that night was the Haunted Mansion, because how can you go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party without riding the Haunted Mansion. I don't really know what was going on, but apparently no one else wanted to ride it that night. We walked right into the first room, and only had about 20 people in the stretching room with us. Very VERY odd.

After the Haunted Mansion, we just spent the rest of the night meandering around the Magic Kingdom Trick or Treating and checking out all of the decorations. I put all the Party pics in a different gallery, you can click the link in the above post to see them all. Those who know me well know that I take TONS of pictures, so I captured almost everything.
    Walt Disney

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post

The only ride we rode that night was the Haunted Mansion, because how can you go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party without riding the Haunted Mansion. I don't really know what was going on, but apparently no one else wanted to ride it that night. We walked right into the first room, and only had about 20 people in the stretching room with us. Very VERY odd.
    Seriously!!! HM was one of the only rides we went on that night too, because you just had to, and there was almost no people on it!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I'm still enjoying this thread and glad nothing broke down at the party. Especially since you only went on one- I really loved Hallowishes and was very impressed with it.

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I can tell you that this trip Lindsay and I just got back from has totally pumped me up for the Christmas Party in Dec! Lindsay said it best when we were there: If the Halloween Party was this well done, imagine how great the Christmas Party will be! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AND I JUST GOT BACK!! SERIOUSLY!!

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    Love the thread so far DW...Pics are great...I am borrowing the red castle one for my computer background cool with that? Donnie said it looks like chernabog coming up behind the castle.
    It does have a "me" look to it - well said, demi-god...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I enjoyed reading about your trip, but I got the feeling while I was reading it that I had to read really, really fast! You seem to pack a lot into each day which is not a bad thing, but if you're going to "lose 45 minutes that you'll never get back", wouldn't you rather lose it at WDW than anywhere else? I think the slower, more relaxing rides were Walt's way of reminding us to relax too!
    Isn't funny how waiting in a line is all relative? When the lines are short, we want ALL the lines to be short. Even 10-15 minutes is too long.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast