Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rich & Ann's American Adventure ~ TRIP REPORTS!! in the Vacation Planning forums; ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006 . 14th October, DAY 14 It was another beautiful day in Orlando and today we went to Universal Island’s of Adventure and Universal Studios. In IOA, we ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    14th October, DAY 14

It was another beautiful day in Orlando and today we went to Universal Island’s of Adventure and Universal Studios. In IOA, we had a great time riding the roller coasters and other rides, which they have to offer – we had a lot of fun!! We left IOA around 2pm and headed on over to USF to finish up what we never did on our last visit. We also did a little shopping – I am now up to 18 new baseballs this trip!! This done, it was then of to Hard Rock Café for an early dinner – We had a reservation for 5pm, but sat down to eat at 4pm. We both had the ‘All American Burger’ that was lovely and filled us up because they were so huge!!
    Once done, we caught the shuttle back to our hotel and went for a swim for half an hour before going back to our room for the remainder of the evening. This completes a somewhat short report. It also completes our ‘Non-Disney Days’ too!! Tomorrow is our final visit to AK…
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    15th October, DAY 15

So, we went to AK today for our second and last time. I do like AK seeing all the different animals and off course EE and FotLK!! We didn’t leave before our normal and routine chat with Melissa all though, it was very short as we did catch the 8.30am bus as opposed to the 9am one – because I wanted t go early and ride EE again!! It was also another great sunny day – I can’t believe how good we have had it!!
    We had a strategy planned for when we got there too – After going through the turn-styles and having our photo taken again in front of the tree, Ann went left to Harambe, Africa, and sorted the FPs for Kilimanjaro Safaris, whilst I went right towards Asia and headed for EE. The queue was moving fast and so I was on within 5 minutes of joining the line of waiting people. Once I’d ridden EE, I headed across to Africa to catch up with Ann.
    We still had 40 minutes before we could use our FPs and so headed up to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We didn’t spend too much time here, but we did spend some time looking for Hidden Mickey’s in the Mural on the wall as you enter the main building. We were told there are 27 of them – I don’t know how true this is? We actually found around 15-20 of them including a very, very small one on a fly!!
    Once done, it was back on the train to Harambe and time to use our FPs. It was quite a good Safari as, even though it was very sunny, there was a breeze and so we saw plenty of animals. Time marches on and once done, we headed to Tusker House for a Chicken Sandwich each and an early lunch. We planned it well as it soon filled up and our table was snapped up as we were leaving!!
    To allow our lunchtime to settle, we went for a gentle walk around the ‘Pangani Forest Trails’ followed by the ‘Maharajah Jungle Trek’ in Africa. We gave the ‘Flights of Wonder’ show a miss, as it is not our sort of thing, all though I do like birds of prey. The winds had dropped and because of this, the tigers were all sleeping in the shade. We did, however manage to get some photos of them – just not the best!! (Tigers are my favourite animals of all time).
    It was now time to head back over the bridge towards Camp Minnie-Mickey. But, before going there, we went to see ITTBAB one more time. We entered Camp Minnie Mickey and took the usual photos of the characters by the water’s edge – except for Daisy, as she wasn’t with Donald’s Nephews!! I wonder where she has gone? It was a little over half an hour before the 2pm showing of the FotLK and so we decided to queue for this showing.
    We both absolutely love FotLK and now that it is totally enclosed, I agree with Melissa, that the lighting and sound is ten times better!! After the Handycam playing up – again – earlier, I managed to record the whole show with no heads in my way!!
    FotLK over, we headed out and straight across to the ‘Greeting Trails’. First we went to see Mickey on the far left trail. We were going to wait for Minnie next, but the queue to see her was far too long and we weren’t prepared to wait!! Skipping Minnie, we queued to see Goofy, followed finally by the best, Donald on the far right trail where the queues weren’t long at all!!
    Once done, it was back towards ‘Discovery Island’ where we perched ourselves on the wall – in the exact same spot as last time – to watch the Jammin Jungle Parade. We had around 45 minutes to spare and so took in turns to go for a wonder and a browse through ‘The Outfitters’!! The parade was as good as ever and we were singing along to it – not very well as we both can’t sing, but we were singing!!
    That concluded our trip to AK for the day – and for this trip. We headed out of the park and back to the bus parking area, where we didn’t have to wait long for a bus to take us back to our hotel. Once there, we chilled out for a while before going over to DTD to buy a few things. Shopping done, it was back over to the hotel for something to eat: We were going to eat at ‘Earl of Sandwich’ but the queue was very, very long!!
    It was just before 8pm by this time and we had a call from Melissa catching up on all the latest news from us. We both had a club sandwich to eat and a hot drink before I wrote this and Ann read her book!! Tomorrow is our final visit to Epcot where we still have a few things we want to do and a few shops we want to go in – so until then - bye, bye!!
    Rich

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    16th October, DAY 16

Today was ‘meant’ to be our last visit to Epcot for this trip but, as you will see later, things don’t always go to plan!! We had our normal morning cha with Melissa before heading on our way.
    Once in the park, we had our photo taken with the Photo Pass guy in front of the ‘Golf Ball’ before I headed off to get FPs for Soarin’. In the mean time, Ann looked for something to eat as the milk for her cereal was off and she hadn’t eaten yet. I came back with the FPs to find that Ann still hadn’t eaten!! In the mean time, we had another ride on SSE.
    Upon exiting SSE, we headed over to the Living Seas Pavilion with the sole intention of seeing ‘Turtle Talk’. Approaching the Pavilion though, we noticed that the new Nemo ride was officially open and so, we had another ride!! Once off, we headed across to turtle Talk with Crush. What a cool and clever show this is, ‘Dude’ – We both loved it very much!!
    The time was now coming up to 10.30am and so we headed over to The Land to use of FPs for Soarin’. There was already a 70-minute wait for standby riders – why do they queue? Never mind - we didn’t!! We both thoroughly loved Soarin’, too – another new attraction which wasn’t in Epcot on our last visit!!
    Ann was really hungry now and wanted a Sarnie. While she was looking for something for us to eat in The Land Pavilion, I headed over to Test Track to get some FPs for later in the day. On my way over, I noticed that ‘Ellen’s Energy Adventure’ was closed. This was because the ride had broken down!! When I received my FPs, attached to each one was a ‘Surprise FP’ for Mission: SPACE. The only thing was, they had an exact time frame of between 11.30am and 12pm for which they could be used. I headed back over to Ann, had something to eat and not one to waste an FP, headed back over to Mission: SPACE to have another ‘Intensive’ ride with 15 minutes to spare!!
    Once done, I met up with Ann and we made our way over to WSC and Boardwalk. On the way, we stopped off at the UK Pavilion and had another look around. Once done, we left Epcot and caught the ‘Friend Ship’ over to Boardwalk.
    We were there for around 2 hours having a good look around. This is where our Handycam decided that she wasn’t going to play nice again with us!! Whilst Ann took a seat later on in our visit, I went off exploring to the Swan & Dolphin too. I never went in them, but I took some pictures from the outside.
    Boardwalk explored, it was back on a Friend Ship and back to Epcot. Once in, we stopped off and sample a beer from one of the stands near the UK Pavilion that was open due to the Festival. Once drunk – not us, the drink!! – We headed over to Mouse Gear and had another look through the store. Having arranged for our goods to be sent back to our hotel, we then made our way to Test Track.
    Test Track, as always, was very busy. Once through the ‘briefing room’, we discovered that the ride had broken down. They weren’t having a good day in Future World, as they never got Ellen’s Energy Adventure up and running again!! After around five minutes, the ride started moving again and we were soon seated in our car. At the end of the ride, we did the same as last time and added our photo to our Photo Pass card.
    Test Track completed and the time now a little after 4.30pm, we decided to make our way slowly over to Italy and Alfredo’s for our 5pm ADR. We arrived a little early, but still checked in. Alfredo’s is very popular and very busy – even so, we were soon seated!! Ann and I both had the Lasagne, which we both thought was ‘Heavenly’!! For dessert, we each had a different one (of which I can’t remember the names) and swapped half way through!! These were exceptional too!!
    Stuffed to the brim we headed back round WSC towards Mexico. Near here, just by the bridge, is the bench we sat on last time for IllumiNations and so we decided to sit there again so that if we took any more photos they would match the first set!! The time now was just after 7pm. We had no further plans and so decided just to chill out!! As the sunset, I went for a wonder, taking my camera with me, catching some great shots in the process. On the way back, I got us a coffee each!! Whilst drinking our coffee’s it started to rain getting heavier and heavier until it was pouring down real bad, getting us quite soaked!!
    We couldn’t tell how long the rain was going to last, but it was heavy enough and wetting enough for us to call it a day and head back to the hotel – We quickly thought that we could come back the next day to see IllumiNations. I did however take a couple of night shots on the way out of the park. We also stopped by ‘The Art of Disney’ store and I bought a couple of statues: One of Donald and one of Mickey. (I will sort some photos out of them soon!!). Once back in our room, we sorted everything out and went to bed!!
    Rich

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    17th October, DAY 17

Today was our last visit to a Water Park – Blizzard Beach this time. After our morning BritCast with Melis, we headed on out to Blizzard Beach. The weather wasn’t too sunny, but we still had a good time and stayed longer than we thought we would!! We had lunch here; Ann having the Fish and myself the chicken strips.
    Our next port-of-call was DTD, which we had to get to via Pop Century. The idea here was just to make our way from West Side to Market Place filming and taking pictures. Once done, we crossed the road and we were back at our hotel. We wondered up to our room on the 14th floor, where we sorted the swimming stuff out and showered.
    We next caught the 5pm bus back over to Epcot. We first stopped off by Guest Relations to make an ADR alteration for our last day, followed by Mouse Gear. We had to go in here because the pin in Ann’s new Tinker Bell watch had come out and needed replacing. They were very good and swapped it for us.
    Having done this, we decided to have a bit to eat and since we didn’t have an ADR, we just went in the Electric Umbrella. Once done, we had no further plans and wandered around for a while. We had a look in Club Cool and sampled some of the drinks from around the world. We also found another two baseballs to add to my collection – two different Coca Cola ones. Next we headed to ‘Our Spot’ for IllumiNataions. The park was fairly busy and I am glad we arrived early otherwise; we would have missed being able to sit down!! We chose the same spot because it is a good place to view the Night Spectacular and secondly, any further photos taken would match those taken previously!!
    Here, we got talking to a family from Mexico, which certainly past the time. Whilst waiting, I thought I would check the Handycam – Yet again, it was playing up!! But, luckily, on the eleventh hour – 2 minutes before IllumiNations, it decided to work!! Thank God!! IllumiNations watched – and filmed – we headed slowly out of the park and back to our bus spot where we caught our bus back to our hotel.
    Once back at the hotel, we decided to do something we hadn’t done for a while – and that was having a drink. And so, we went to one of the bars where Ann had a Chardonnay and I had a ‘Pain Relief’ cocktail – which was heavenly!! After this, we headed on up to our room and to bed.
    Rich

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    18th October, DAY 18

The time has come for our final visit to MK for this trip. After catching up with all the news with Melis and giving her our report from the previous day, we were on our way to TTC for the monorail to MK. The weather today was very humid hot and sunny – a lovely day to visit MK!! The monorail line was, as usual, busy and so we caught the resort one saving us time!! Once in the park, we headed down Main Street and right towards TomorrowLand – an area we hadn’t done fully yet. We didn’t bother with the Photo Pass guys as they were working on Cinderella Castle – something they were doing most of the day: That huge crane does spoil the photos!!
    The annoying thing too, was that the Handycam wasn’t working again – It’ll have to wait for repairs!! Once in TomorrowLand, we headed straight for Space Mountain, which had only a ten-minute wait time. On the way, we collected FPs for Buzz Light-year. Once off Space Mountain – a classic ride – we headed straight on to TTA, followed by CoP. Next we put Ann’s driving skills to the test on the Indy Speedway. This was such great fun, I only which the camera was working!! Ann would make a great driver if she ever decided to learn to drive!! Having completed the circuit, we headed back to use our FPs on Buzz. I just beat Ann by around 2,000 points but we had great fun going round!!
    The time now was 11.30am and since we had a 12.05pm reservation for the Plaza Restaurant, we made our way round there. The restaurant wasn’t too busy and we were soon seated – a good job really as we were both hungry!! For lunch, Ann had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and I had the Cheese Steak Sandwich. Both of them were delicious and come highly recommended. For dessert, Ann had the Brownie Sundae and I had the NY Style Cheesecake. They were again both scrumptious!! Ann’s was portion was huge and so I helped her finish it off!! Anyone wanting to eat here should try it – a nice quiet restaurant we both enjoyed.
    Stuffed to the brim and unable to move fully, we made our way towards FantasyLand, getting FPs for Winnie the Pooh as we entered. We decided to give Toontown a miss as we had seen the characters and got plenty of photos on our previous visit. First we went to see Mickey’s PhilarMagic – which we walked straight into and sat down, followed by it’s a small world. It was great to get out of the heat for a while. This was followed by some retail therapy in the PhilarMagic shop buying some Donald Duck stuff!! We could now get another FP and so we got them for Peter Pan’s Flight to use later.
    Next we headed back to Winnie the Pooh and used our FPs followed by a refreshment stop for a couple of cold cokes since it was very, very hot!! Being refreshed, we made our way over to Liberty Square - a place where we hadn’t taken many photos. The parade was about to start and so we headed in to the Hall of Presidents since we had seen the parade twice already. It was also a cool place to be!!
    When we came out, the parade had past and the street was a little clearer allowing us to take photos – still no videoing though!! Photos taken, we decided to head towards HM instead of going towards FrontierLand. The queue time was only 10 minutes and we were soon in our Doom-Buggy!! This is another classic ride we both love in MK – hence the reason we rode it!!
    Back out into the heat, we made our way round to Peter Pan’s Flight to use our FP. The stand-by line was showing 50-minutes – why they queue, I don’t know!! When we came out we thought we would head back towards TomorrowLand as the Handycam had decided to work. Also, we had seen some pins we wanted to buy in one of the shops there.
    Handycam now working – again – we wondered around doing some filming and taking more pictures. Again, to escape the heat, we thought we would watch CoP again – well, it is a great ride and always worth doing!! I also recorded the whole lot on tape this time – not one to miss a chance of recording it!!
    The time now was a little after 6pm and so we slowly made our way down Main Street looking in the shops along the way before taking up our position up on Main Street Station for Spectro Magic and Wishes. I’m glad we did because the place soon filled up with other people who had the same idea. We took it in turns to go for a walk-about. When Ann went for one, she came back with Hot Dogs and coffee from Casey’s Corner – yummy!!
    After watching Spectro (in which Ursula was a ‘No-Show’ – remember when we last saw it, she had to be rescued by a tractor) and Wishes, we made our way back to the monorail and TTC. After watching the Electric Water Pageant for a while, we caught our bus back to our hotel. Both completely knackered from the day’s heat more than anything else, we soon went to bed and fell asleep!!
    Rich

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    19th October, DAY 19

Well all-great things must come to an end and I’m sad to report that this was our last full day in Orlando and our last full day in a WDW park. Today was MGM Studios. The reason we didn’t go to MK on our last day was because there would have been no Spectro magic or Wishes. Having spoken to Melis on the phone, we were out the door and on our way. The weather was cloudy again – but looked promising that it would brighten up later.
    Having got to MGM, the first thing I did was head off to get FPs for RnRC. I then met up with Ann and we went to wait in line for the GMR. The queue was moving fairly well and soon we were on our way on the ride. Once done, we came out and headed for Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream – something we both like as we always find something different to read each time we walk through. We both also like the short film they show at the end.
    The time now was 11.45 and we had a 12pm ADR for 50’s Prime Time Café and so made our way over. This was another thoroughly enjoyable place to eat and the food was excellent too!! It was so funny being ‘told off’ again!! Ann ate the Fish Sandwich and I had the Pot Roast for Entrees – with us both having the Brownie Sundae for dessert. Like I said, the food was excellent and so was the service: This place comes highly recommended!!
    Again, stuffed to the brim after another great meal, we ventured of to watch Muppet Vision 3D. The weather was really hot and humid again – it was nice to be indoors!! Once done, we went to find Sorcerer Mickey and have our picture taken with him before heading off to the 2pm LMA show, as we hadn’t taken any photos of it so far.
    LMA is a good show, but we are not ‘ecstatic’ about it!! After LMA, we had a cold drink before joining the queue for the Back Lot Tour. I have to say that since they have but LMA in, it has rather spoilt the Back Lot Tour: The Catastrophe Canyon part is still good though – but that is about it for the ride!!
    Basically, we had done all we had planned to do and with the weather being so sticky, we headed off to the front of the park and sorted our Photo Pass out. We bought the disc, which we are really pleased with. This done, we headed off towards ToT so that I could get a couple of FPs for it. Next we went to use our FPs for RnRC. We arrived at the ride to find that there was no wait time and no body waiting and so, we went straight on. We certainly took advantage of the ‘no queue’ part and rode it a couple of times – which is always fun!!
    I was now able to use my FPs for ToT since they didn’t have a long time span on them. After riding it once, I was straight back round to ride it again – this time there was no queue at all and so I was able to keep the second FP for Ann to use in her Scrap Booking stuff.
    The time now was a little after 6pm and so we had another drink – but nothing to eat as we still weren’t hungry and once done headed up into the Amphitheatre to watch Fantasmic. Whilst waiting for the show to start, we got talking to a lovely family from New Jersey. Fantasmic is such a great show and I love it every time I watch it!!
    Fantasmic over and the last full day in Orlando and the parks, we headed back to the entrance of the park and off to find our bus back to our hotel. We started to sort some of our stuff out for packing – but not much – before we went to bed!!
    Rich

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Oh my! I think I'll have to print all these to read them. Glad you had such a wonderful time!
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Wow if you convert all of this over to a word document you have over 22 pages!! I can't wait to read it all!! Safe Travels to you and Ann!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Rich...I think you are the only person to have completed and posted your entire trip report before even boarding the plane for home! I was experiencing a bit of dejavu reading this.

BTW....just wondering, but do you maybe have a complex about going to non-Disney parks, getting late starts, or having non park days????

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    overachiever! J/K

I just don't have the attention span to be able to write a trip report. But I am inspired by reading these, so I think I'll try it in December.

Reading these makes me want to go back NOW! I can't wait for December to get here. I'm glad they had such a good time.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    overachiever!
    Boy did you hit the nail on the head on that one!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Just finished reading all of these!! Great reports Rich!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    BTW....just wondering, but do you maybe have a complex about going to non-Disney parks, getting late starts, or having non park days????
    Not at all - just because we love Disney, doesn't mean that we can't enjoy the other parks too!! It's just that some people here made us feel that we shouldn't be doing what we want to do on our holiday!!

But like I say, it was our holiday and we did what we wanted to do!!

Ann will be the first to agree that she is not a 'morning person' and that if I had my way, I would have been out to the parks from dusk to dawn.

But, alas, it was a joint holiday and I had to take Ann's feelings into consideraton too.
    Rich

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    08th October, DAY 8

The new ‘coaster – Sheik – is awesome and anyone into their rides has to go over and try it out!!
    Hey Rich! It's Sheikra! lol That's okay! I definitely liked Montu the best! The ONLY good part about Sheikra was the drop. It's Seaworld's: Atlantis mixed with Splash Mountain! Right?!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Sea World is always a relaxing day and the park doesn’t get too busy. For us, it is always a great place to go to sea the Sting Rays, Dolphins, Sharks and Killer Whales.
    WHAT?!
    No mention of the penguins?!!?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast