Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mini-V sees THE mouse in the Vacation Planning forums; I FINALLY got my first trip to the park on Friday. When I got on the AK bus, a little kid in the back asked where my costume was. I'm ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Mini-V sees THE mouse

I FINALLY got my first trip to the park on Friday.
    When I got on the AK bus, a little kid in the back asked where my costume was. I'm guessed correctly that he was talking about MNSSHP, and I told him that I wouldn't be wearing my costume till Monday. He and his twin went as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee the night before. His mom saw my DWT tag and asked if I had read Lou's book. I said that I had read both volumes. (Lou gets around.)

We went directly to AK and boarded Expedition Everest! What a great experience! I can't wait to go on it again now that I've experienced it once.
    From EE, we went to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. We had guests with us that hadn't seen it before so we got to experience that "first time" feeling through them.

Since we had only 1 day to see the best of what we could, we left AK and headed over to Epcot to graze our way around the world. It was a warm day and we HAD to keep the liquids coming.

We took time out to ride the Clam mobiles. I'm afraid we didn't enjoy that ride all that much. If you like Snow White's Adventure, or other scenic dark rides, you'll probably like it more than we did. There is some interesting technical scenes, but not the ride for which I was hoping.

We left the parks a lot earlier than I would have liked, but we had a couple of people in our group that were really dragging feet in the heat. As it turned out, it was for the best that we left when we did. I have a monster of an ugly sunburn right around my ankle where my sock stopped. I used sunblock, but I must not have gotten a couple of spots. They look more like a bruise than a sunburn, but fortuanately they look a lot worse than they feel.

Today we're heading over to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner at Raglan Road.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sounds great ....other than the sunburn and having to leave the parks early. Have fun DTD today!

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Sounds like your having a great time!!

Keep us posted!!! and have a blast!!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Just got back from a trip to Downtown Disney and Ragland Road. I'm losing my touch. I only walked out of the Disney Store with a 2006 Mickey and a antenna topper. Cell phone holders have been discontinued which was the other item for which I was looking. I'm not worried though, we still are going to Magic Kingdom on Monday night, and I've put in a request for a "Year of a Million Dreams" shirt for Christmas.

Dinner at Ragland Road was very good. A Sunday afternoon is a good time to go if you are looking for a quietier atmosphere. I'm sure that the place is far busier in the evenings.

My husband had the stew and my daughter and I had fish and chips. Everyone liked what they ordered and we definitely did not go home hungry. I'm switching back to Gin and tonics from lemon shanty, however.

Those of you who are season pass holders or vc members already know, but this is a trick my daughter showed us. She bought a gift card at Epcot and used it to buy food during the Food and Wine Fesitval. No cash to keep handy. No change to worry about. We did run into one problem at the Canadian pavillion when the cashier's computer crashed and she could only take cash. The gift card can be used anywhere on property for food or other items.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Just got back from a trip to Downtown Disney and Ragland Road. I'm losing my touch. I only walked out of the Disney Store with a 2006 Mickey and a antenna topper.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Trip sounds great!!! Sorry about the sunburn but I bet it is worth it since it is a WDW sunburn!!! I hope you continue to have fun and enjoy yourself at MNSSHP
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

We had a wonderful meal at Artist's Point last night. I had the beef medalions and my family had the ribs. Fabulous. I was rather surprised at how empty the restaurant was when we arrived, though it did get a little busier by the time we left.

We headed for MNSSHP using the boat at the Wilderness Lodge. The high for the evening was only in the low 70's so you could easily pick out the locals from the tourists. My daughter was wearing a long skirt and a leather jacket. LOL

The crowds were light at the Magic Kingdom so we opted to concentrate on rides rather than gathering candy or seeing parades and programs. Several rides were not open; Jungle Ride, Splash Mt, and Big Thunder Railroad. We literally walked onto POTC, Mickey's Philharmagic, Space Mt., and Buzz Lightyear. I really like what they did to POTC.

Since we'd had huge meal, the only thing we had to drink at the park was a cold drink.

We watched HalloWishes while standing between Snow White's Scary Adventure and Winnie the Pooh. Fireworks were going off all around us and we found that we were spinning round and round to catch it all. It was brilliant!

Since my daughter had to work today, Tuesday, we had to leave the park early. It was going to take an hour or more to get back to the car and then drive home. While we made a final pit stop, my daughter searched for her keys. They were not in her little purse. She decided that we needed to back track to POTC to see if they'd been left at the counter when she bought me my pirate ears. We were in Tomorrowland and the final parade was about to begin.

The keys were not at the counter, so we started to make our way out of the park while formulating plan B. My husband and I had driven to the restaurant, so we had a way of getting home to retrieve a spare car key, but it was going to mean that 2 people were going to have to make two trips.

We finally got back to the Wildernes Lodge. I checked at the restaurant and my daughter checked the restroom. I was told if any keys had been found, that they would have been turned in at the desk. I inquired at the desk and the rest of my family met me there. After what seemed like forever, the castmember came out with the only keys that had been turned in....the ones we were looking for! We all cheered!

As we headed home, we were feeling much more light hearted than when we were leaving the park. I was trying very hard to concentrate on all the things I did do rather than the things we didn't have time to do. Both trips to WDW were very short. Short is better than none, I tried to tell myself.

When we got home, I started to look at the video I'd taken at the park that night. I inadvertantly hit format, and then cancel, but it was too late. All, and I do mean ALL the pictures from the trip were wiped out. I sat on the bed and nearly started to cry. The pictures from the famly wedding, the pictures of my family together for the first time in years, the pictures of our pool parties, and from the parks. Gone.
    It's pretty depressing to be leaving this evening, but realizing what I'd done is not making me any less depressed.

So, I have a couple of pounds on my hips, a disney polo shirt, a pair of ears, 2 links for my Italian bracelet, a red line around my ankle from the sunburn, and an antenna topper. My memories are just memories. You'll just have to take my word on it; the weather was great and I had a good time.

I've written all this twice because when I went to submit it, the computer said I wasn't logged in. GRRR! (I had been.)

Time to go home and face 50 degrees and rain. It's only going to be 70 here today anyway. That's quite a change from the 90 last week.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    So sorry to hear about your pictures! That isn't much fun! I wish there was an undo button!

Hope your trip home is safe. Thanks for sharing your trip.

We are back in the UK after a long trip. The plane left Orlando late and we arrived an hour late into Gatwick. The trip from the airport on a Wednesday mid-day should have taken about 90 minutes. It took 2 hours. Traffic was really heavy.

If anyone travels on Virgin Airways to Orlando, there is a great service that is available. Travelers can drop off their bags at a Virgin Airway counter right outside Cirque at Downtown Disney. You check-in and they take your checked bags. You then have the day free to play tourist before having to fly out that day. There is a $5.00 charge per person, but it certainly cuts down on the time needed to arrive at the airport to check-in and you can go straight to security with your carry-on. Just make sure you verify the most recent bag restrictions when you check-in at DTD.