Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss A Very Short Trip to MNSSHP in the Vacation Planning forums; The kids and I went down during the school fall break for a quick Disney fix. We arrived at FW Thursday night in time for a late dinner at Trails ...
    HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder

A Very Short Trip to MNSSHP

The kids and I went down during the school fall break for a quick Disney fix. We arrived at FW Thursday night in time for a late dinner at Trails End, a nice buffet, but with limited choices, mine and Stephanie's fav is the fried chicken. The mashed potatos and the ribs are also very good. Trails End is a nice place for dinner when you need a break from MK since it is only a short boat ride and almost never requires an ADR. After dinner we took a golf cart tour of the campground to look at the halloween decorations(pics to follow). A stop at the trading post then off to the trailer to settle in for the night.

Friday morning my mom and I took the kids on a tour of hotel gift shops, don't know why(and I won't complain) but Brian really enjoys this. So we took the boat to Wilderness Lodge and shopped, then the boat to the Contemporary to look around and shop. Then monorail to Poly to look around and shop some more, this store was Brian's favorite because he loves Stitich, another monorail hop and on to Grand Floridian. Final monorail hop to MK to catch the boat back to FW. My DSis and BiL called to say they were on the way and would meet us at AKL. Drove my truck to AKL and had lunch at The Mara(snack bar). The kids had standard kid fair and mom and I split an African Stew Bread bowl(yummy!!). Zebra domes for dessert and another package to go for bedtime snack. One last stop at Coronado Springs then back to FW for naps before MNSSHP.

Got to MK later than hoped for but still did a lot. First up the Jungle Cruise with Amozon Anthony for our skipper, I heard a few new "jokes" and Steph(dresses as Elphaba) "screamed" I'm melting as we all leaned away from the waterfall. Next was PoTC, my DSis and BiL did not know about the updates and were pleasantly surprised with Capn Jack. Turkey legs and Dole Whips for dinner then Hallow Wishes and the Parade. Rode on Haunted Mansion(of course) then headed to Cosmic Ray's to dance with Elvis Stich. After Pluto came over to twist with Brian we rode Buzz and of course the people mover. Through all our travels we stopped at all the candy stops and had bags full of goodies when we were done. A stop in the Emporium for pins and the T-shirt then back to FW and bed(about 1am)

Sat, slept late, about 9am, got everyone up at off to breakfast at Chef Mickey's.
    Walk up and were told about 25 min, no problem DSis wanted to shop anyway, started wlaking away and our buzzer went off(yeah!!). Every one ate their fill and we saw all the characters twice(we really were only there for the food, but still). A little more browsing, then a nice boat ride back to FW to pack up and head back to Ocala to get everything ready to come home and back to the real world.
    Maggie

Some pics of the Campground....
    cycle
    pirate mickey
    golf cart

Thats me and Brian in the front of the golf cart.
    Maggie

Short but sweet trip is better than no trip at all Maggie! Next time tell your Dad to slow down so you can take some photo's at MNSSHP!

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I wish I could of gone!!!!
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm guessing that the rides that are closed down for MNSSHP vary since the night we were there the Safari Ride was closed, but it was open for you. At least we got on most of the rides that were at the top of our list. We only got to spend about 90 minutes in the park that night due to a late start. Something is better than nothing, however.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I never really thought of that, I just thought the rides would be the same each night. Sorry you missed the jungle cruise it is one of my favorite things to do at MNSSHP. Glad you got to do most everything else though.
    Maggie

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    What is so different on the Jungle Cruise during MNSSHP?
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I wasn't expecting it to be different during MNSSHP, but I'd heard that riding after dark is a different experience.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I wasn't expecting it to be different during MNSSHP, but I'd heard that riding after dark is a different experience.
    Thats exactlly it, but on MNSSHP the skippers will often include the costumes in the jokes.
    Maggie