Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss An early Chris-Mouse at WDW: PreTrip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I know I'm kind of new around here, but I hope it's OK if I post a pre-trip report. One month to go... and I just can't stand it!
An early Chris-Mouse at WDW: PreTrip Report
I know I'm kind of new around here, but I hope it's OK if I post a pre-trip report. One month to go... and I just can't stand it!
Who: Scott - my 37-years young DH & fellow Disneyphile and Me - a thirty-something fan of the Mouse. this will be our 10th visit to WDW together.
Where: staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time (thanks to Melissa at Your Magical Journeys for the AP discount!)
When: December 2nd thru December 11th - the longest WDW trip yet!
How: flying nonstop from Indianapolis to Orlando on AirTran (first flight with this airline), rental car to the parks, and taking DME back to the airport. We got our vouchers earlier this week - yay!
Why: We love Disney and we love Christmas - what could be better than combining the two? We visited WDW in early December of 2004 and Disneyland around the same time in 2005 ... celebrating the holidays with Mickey and pals is starting to become a tradition!
The major activities we have planned include:
* Mousefest - Thursday 12/7 - Sunday 12/10 - lots of different activities, including PodFest & the MegaMouseMeet. Hopefully we'll get to meet Mr. Lou & get the DWT Vol 1 signed & a copy of Vol 2 purchased!
* MVMCP on Tuesday 12/5. We bought the tickets before we found out what night the Mousefesters were planning on going .. but I'm sure we'll have a great time anyways!
* Candlelight Processional Dinner Package: Sunday 12/3, with an early dinner at Garden Grill & the last CP of the night at 8:15 - should leave us a bit of time to find a spot for Illuminations, I hope!
* Passholder Preview of Finding Nemo: The Musical, which will be running from 12/1 - 12/10 for a 10am showing. we signed up for Monday 12/4 at the Passholder website: News & events section.
* If the weather (& NASA) cooperates - a Space Shuttle launch 12/7 at 9:38 pm
We're on the second trip for our current AP's - we went with my brother & SIL in late Jan-early Feb., combining a WDW visit with a family wedding in Ft. Lauderdale. We're really looking forward to seeing the additions to Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as the Living Seas with Nemo and Friends and the above-mentioned Finding Nemo the Musical.
Meal-wise, we're more counter-service kind of folks & will eat breakfast in the room most mornings, so no Dining Plan for us, tho we did get the Disney Dining Experience card on our last trip & already got our money's worth out of it!
We only have 3 ADR's, not counting the CP dinner package:
* a late lunch/early dinner at SciFi Cafe on 12/4
* a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on 12/6
* dinner at Rose & Crown as part of the DPN's "More Fun that Watching Plants Grow" MouseFest event. (thanks, MattFromPA!)
While we're not "Disney Commandos" - we do have a pretty full schedule planned already. We usually plan out what park we're going to be in each morning & each afternoon, as well as evening plans. We'll probably visit Pleasure Island at least 2-3 times during our trip, with at least one trip to the Comedy Warehouse. We'll definitely renew our Adventurer's Club membership - kungaloosh!
Have fun...look forward to meeting you at Mousefestivous!!!