Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss I saw Finding Nemo: The Musical! in the Vacation Planning forums; SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!! Ok, when I was over at AK last weekend, there must have been a soft opening. Actually, asking a cast member, it was the first day it had ...
    nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder

I saw Finding Nemo: The Musical!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

Ok, when I was over at AK last weekend, there must have been a soft opening. Actually, asking a cast member, it was the first day it had opened! And my Mom and I JUST walked in right before it started. And oh my, the place was packed! The whole stage setup was massive! There were big bubble screens along the side of the stage. And to say, it did follow much of the storyline of the movie. I have to say, it took me a bit to get used to the people on the stage holding the character in their hand. But yet the person was the center of attention. So it had me a bit lost. But I was back on track soon enough. I was kinda upset that they cut the scene with the anglar fish out chasing Marlin & Dorry. Allot of the cast seamed that they fit well for the characters, but I was not as sure about the girl playing Nemo. Overall, I think it was still a great show. I enjoyed how they had the jellyfish even in the isles with the people. That was truly cool. And also how the actors used all the space and went in between the isles as well. If you were thinking that this show may not be for you, at least give it a try. It had the entire audience roaring with laughter and ending the show with a standing ovation from some people. It was great, so give it a try. Even I was not so sure on how it would be, but it was still great!

whitewatersf is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got back and also saw the show. I agree with everything nick said. The facial exprecisions on both the pupppets and the actros go a long way in telling the story. If you go to AK you must make time to view this show.

So, I was not the only one who saw the soft openings!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I am still on the fence about this since I saw some pictures online and it just looked a little too odd, however maybe I will go see it!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm sure my kids won't let me miss this. I'll have to give it a try.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I am still on the fence about this since I saw some pictures online and it just looked a little too odd, however maybe I will go see it!
    Yea, its one of those things you have to see for yourself. Me, I can do without it right now. I dont mind if I skip it. But if they took away Festival of the Lion King, then I would be upset! Anyways, the Finding Nemo Musical also felt kinda out of place. And I got confused between the actors and the fish they were holding!

To everyone, I suggest you see it for yourself. Some people were in awe of it. Some (like me) were not so much.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Hi everyone, I just got back from the World and also saw Nemo: the Musical and my husband and I thought it was great. Everything works well together, the puppets and the actors and the story is very easily followed.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.