Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Silver and Gold WDW Christmas Tour 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; Going to name this thread Silver and Gold going off the song Make New Friends...... Since some of the member's are meeting each other for the very first time and ...

Silver and Gold WDW Christmas Tour 2006

Going to name this thread Silver and Gold going off the song Make New Friends......

Since some of the member's are meeting each other for the very first time and some are enjoying being able to meet up again.... Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold!

I just received a phone call from Gae who is stranded at the moment in Abilene. She should have been on a plane headed to Dallas a little over a 1/2 an hour ago, but now will not be leaving until 9:25 EST and is now being routed through Charlotte, NC (Bobby, run down to the airport and visit with Gae since she'll be having a little layover) and arriving in Orlando at 4 PM EST. She'll be arriving about 3 1/2 hours later than originally planned, but she doesn't care....she's "on vacation" and going to WDW!!!!!! She said she'd call when they all get there and get settled in.

Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Cool!!

So, we'll be looking forward to SilverGoldCasts this time?!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Ok I was struggling on a thread name so I will post my update here!

Well I thought I would start a little trip update thread for our friends that either left last night or today to head "Home"!!!

I just got off the phone with Caroline and she is pretty excited about the whole meet. (And a little nervous but I didnt tell you that) While I was on the phone with her we decided to look up Gae's flight information and come to find out her plane has been delayed!!! By the looks of it, she might miss her second plane from Dallas to Orlando by 15 minutes.. So please keep her in your thoughts for getting to Orlando safe and sound and not too late!!

Tinker Bell will be arriving at MCO at 1pm and Conceited Ape will be their around 10:30am. I belive they both plan on waiting for Gae for when she arrives.

Their plans are to hit up MK today, Epcot on saturday, MK on Sunday, MGM on Monday and AK Tues... I will keep you all posted cause now we might have issues with Conceited Apes flights...
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Stac....I think anybody and everybody that talks to any of them should post updates here. I was struggling with a name too, but then it hit me! I had talked to Caroline earlier in the week and she didn't think that you or Deb would have time to keep a thread updated so I offered to do so. Didn't mean to step on any toes!

Gae is actually going through Charlotte, NC now instead of Dallas to Orlando, so she should be okay. She said she'd check in later.

So has Caroline left the airport yet????? Do all of her flights look to be okay? Where is she being routed through?

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Since all flights yesterday out of Chicago were cancelled until midday today, expect that to affect all flights every where. I doubt there is a single flight in the US of A today that will be on schedule once O'Hare starts back up.
    They call me "Nana"

Caroline's flights are all good right now.. She was waiting at DC for her connecting flight to Orlando!! She is pretty bored, but she is people watching and drinking coffee so she should be good and jittery...She is laughing very hard because the Canadian is going to get there first... The one that travels from another country gets there first....

So we are still unsure about Gae or Jake.. We have yet to hear from them... So I am hoping all is ok.. Gae's flight looks like she landed in Fort Worth, TX. so we will see about her connecting flights since I do not know their flight informaiton anymore...

Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    So we are still unsure about Gae or Jake.. We have yet to hear from them... So I am hoping all is ok.. Gae's flight looks like she landed in Fort Worth, TX. so we will see about her connecting flights since I do not know their flight informaiton anymore...

Gae was scheduled to leave Abilene at 9:25 EST to Dallas leaving Dallas at 11 EST and heading to Charlotte, NC. She should be arriving in Orlando from Charlotte at 3:53 PM EST.

Christina and Lindsay arrived safely last night. Lindsay posted something about it this morning I believe on the other thread.....

Yep...here's the link

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...&postcount=151

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    I hope they all have a wonderful time!!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    My family hasn't left yet. But we are driving down - but only half way today. We will hit the world early tomorrow morning - Melissa, I will give you a call.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Since all flights yesterday out of Chicago were cancelled until midday today, expect that to affect all flights every where. I doubt there is a single flight in the US of A today that will be on schedule once O'Hare starts back up.

Anybody flying Southwest Airlines out of Midway in Chicago didn't get delayed this morning. I don't know about now, but I do know that one person flew in from Denver this morning and was rerouted from O'Hare to Midway for landing.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    My family hasn't left yet. But we are driving down - but only half way today. We will hit the world early tomorrow morning - Melissa, I will give you a call.

Sounds like a plan Lar! Safe travels!!!!

Just got off the phone with Tinker Bell and she is waiting... She is the only one out of the three flying today that is in Orlando as I am typing!!! Jake is kinda MIA right now since we are unsure if his flight was moved to a different connecting airport and if so what time he is supposed to be in. He was supposed to arrive at 10:30 AM EST but Caroline has yet to see him or hear from him. Gae as we know should arrive at 4PM.

Caroline said it is 82°F in and a little cloudy in Orlando but NO RAIN!! She also said she just talked to Linds and she is at downtown Disney right now awaiting the rest of the crew to meet up at the hotel in order to go to MK tonight.. I will keep you all posted when I know more..
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Thanks Stac, glad to hear Caroline arrived safely. Man, I hope that this doesn't mess up their plans for MVMCP tonight! Hopefully she'll be seeing the red of Gae's eyes shortly....although, she may have had some trouble getting her through security and may still be sitting in Texas!

Ok I have some really good news...

Conceited Ape (Jake) Has arrived in Orlando (according to Caroline *Tinker Bell * He is soooooo Cute! ) Jake got to watch PotC while he sat on the for 6 hours in Chicago! But it gets him ready for the ride in . Gae *SnwhtNdwrfs * should of landed about 5 minutes ago .. Once she arrives they will all be headed on the ME to their hotel where they will meet up with Lindsay *SeriouslyDW* and Christina *Stitch625 * and then it is off to the tonight...

Oh and judging by Jake's voice he does sound quite dashing.. And good news.... We do have a Kettlebell at WDW! Conceited Ape brought a nice 53lb KB... So have no fear the DWT Gym will be alive and well at the World.. And that concludes my first meeting of One Canadian and Lots of Americans in Orlando!!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast