Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Our Second Honeymoon trip to WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone, I just returned from our trip and am going to give you a brief description of our trip from the 19th - 25th of November. Day One: We ...
    2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

Our Second Honeymoon trip to WDW

Hi Everyone, I just returned from our trip and am going to give you a brief description of our trip from the 19th - 25th of November.

Day One: We got to the airport in San Antonio, Texas at 6 AM for our 8 AM flight and security wasn't too bad except some people do not remember about the little clear baggies for their 3 0unce of less bottles of hand cream and lip balm. Anyways, the flight was uneventful and we landed safely in Orlando at 2:30 PM and were directly taken to the Magical Express counter where we checked in and got right on the bus. By 3:30 we were checking in at the hotel, which was absolutely gorgeous (Grand Floridian). While checking in we were handed anniversary buttons and the Happy Anniversaries sayings never stoppped. By 4 PM we were in the park going on rides and having a blast. It was extra park hours so we went back to the hotel and got changed into more comfortable and warmer clothes. It was very cold for us Texans (40's to 50's). The park was open until midnight so we stayed until the very end.

Day Two: We went to Animal Kingdom for early park hours and rode Expedition Everest, WOW, I was scared to death on that ride. I know most people like it but it was very intense for us. We ended up leaving AK early and headed over to MGM as they late magic hours. Went on everything we could and left around 10 PM.

Day Three: Epcot had early hours, but the monorail system went out at 7:30 am so we did not get to Epcot until 9:30 am. Went straight to Soarin to get our fast passes and went and got breakfast. Tried to get on Test Track but line was too long. Went back to Soarin and had the best time. We left Epcot and went to MGM Studios again to catch the rides or shows we missed the day before.

Day Four: Got to Magic Kingdom early for our breakfast at Cinderella Royal Table and had one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time. Left Magic Kingdom early and went back to the room to change into warmer clothes and went AK for the Finding Nemo: The Musical. That was awesome. We left AK around 4 PM to go back to our room so we could get dressed for our Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba show. Another awesome show !

Day Five: Magic Kingdom had early magic hours so we got there at 8 AM and went to Space Mountain. Great ! We spent the whole day there. While the first showing of Spectromagic was going on and we had seen it earlier in the week we decided to hit Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain we were approached by a cast member and handed Ten (10) fastpasses for any fastpass ride in the Magic Kingdom. We were so happy we started to go on rides. While going to Space Mountain again we heard this mom and dad talking to their two little boys about how busy Buzz Lightyear ride was and they did not have any more fastpasses. So my husband and I gave away 4 of our fastpasses and you should have seen the looks on the little boys faces and some grateful parents.

Day Six: We got up early and decided to go Magic Kingdom for a little bit and then head over to MGM Studios. After MGM we went to Epcot because they were having extra magic hours and Holidays Around the World starting that day. We did everything and anything that day. It was a great day !

Day Seven: Our last day, but we had a few hours to spend in the Magic Kingdom before our Magical Express Bus took us back to the airport so we headed straight for Space Mountain and got right on. While getting off we were chosen to be the winners of Dream Fastpasses from the Year of a Million Dreams Cast Members. So we actually won more fastpasses. WooHoo ! But we could not use them so we went on Buzz Lightyear and then had to head back to the hotel.

All in all, I have to say my husband and I had the best time and stayed at probably one of the nicest hotels in WDW. I highly recommend it to anyone even people with children.

We had a great time at the Caribbean Beach. Hope to go next year with all the kids and grandkids!!!

Susan

I live 1717 miles from WDW

Quote Originally Posted by 2tinners View Post

we were approached by a cast member and handed Ten (10) fastpasses for any fastpass ride in the Magic Kingdom. We were so happy we started to go on rides. While going to Space Mountain again we heard this mom and dad talking to their two little boys about how busy Buzz Lightyear ride was and they did not have any more fastpasses. So my husband and I gave away 4 of our fastpasses and you should have seen the looks on the little boys faces and some grateful parents.

Welcome back Susan sounds like you had a wonderful trip! I LOVE that you shared some of the magic you received! It's people like you that make me love being at WDW even more! Great story!

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Thanks Disneydreamer98, It really was a shock to my husband and I that we would receive those passes. He is so skeptical sometimes, but I just love everything about Disney. Our trip was even more magical than we could have hoped for.
    We had a great time at the Caribbean Beach. Hope to go next year with all the kids and grandkids!!!

Susan

I live 1717 miles from WDW

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sounds like a fun trip. Happy Anniversary!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sounds like you had a great trip! Happy Anniversary!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives