Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Tinker Bell's Treasured Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Got our table pretty much right away, chit chatted with our server, a nice lady from Pennsylvania. She made sure to ask if anyone in our group had food allergies, ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Conclusion - Dinner at Tony's and EMHs at MK

Got our table pretty much right away, chit chatted with our server, a nice lady from Pennsylvania. She made sure to ask if anyone in our group had food allergies, we thought that was interesting since no one else had asked us before that night. She mentioned that she seemed to be getting all the folks with allergies and she wasnít going to risk it by not asking.

I ordered the house salad with the beef and spinach cannelloni. I think Jake had the spaghetti and sausage and Gae had the NY strip steak, I am not sure what Mandy had. We had a nice dinner, Mandy is a sweetheart! I really enjoyed myself. Gae was having fun blowing the papers off the straws and trying to get them inside the water bottle. Got a glimpse of Spectromagic, which was cool. For dessert I had the ice cream bomb which was awesome, Jake had the Tiramisu and Gae the creme brulee. It was funny because when Gae and I returned from making phone calls in the lobby we sat down to what we thought were our desserts, turns out they were all mixed up, she had mine, I had Jakeís and he had Gaeís. I was wondering where the ice cream was hiding in mine....I enjoyed my dinner but I donít think Iíd be in a hurry to return, Iíd try some place else first, didnít blow me away. Maybe I am just spoiled with the excellent Italian food we have up here.

After dinner we went looking for the EMH bracelets, Mandy led us on a wild goose chase but we finally found the CMs in a little corner next to Space Mountain. Gae and I walked right by the CM checking the room cards (oops!) but we were good guests and went back and showed them to the nice lady. Wishes was about to start so we followed Mandy to her favorite spot and it was a GREAT one! Tried to find Lara, Linds and Christina but it truly is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. ďOver here! Next to the guy waving the red light stick!Ē riiiiiight. Wishes was fantastic but Illuminations was more impressive to me, maybe it was the Holiday finale, I donít know. And yes, wishes do come true once in a while.

Since it was dark and I still hadnít ridden Jungle Cruise at night we headed over there. Played with the tarantula again then snuck Mandy on the ride since she didnít have a bracelet. After that we met up with the rest of the DWT gang at The Spot to take our group shot (see ďPicture The SpotĒ thread for the pic). From there we split up again and a group went over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain. I know I got to sit in the front at one point, not sure if it was this time but it was awesome! I love this ride. To think I was afraid to ride it as a teenager. Had fun riding Buzz after that, Iím not a very good shot but I still enjoy spinning around. Went for a WedWay PeopleMover, (TTA) ride with the girls, got to catch up a little bit. I think we headed over to Adventureland so that Gae and Lara could have their Dole Whip Floats. I didnít have one then, I canít remember why, I think because I had just finished having ice cream at dinner. Made our way to Pirates, there was no wait at all, Iím not sure what Lara was trying to do but we confused everyone at the dock. . Once everyone was finally in the boat we were on our way. Then on to the Haunted Mansion, I think I rode it 4 times this trip, yay! Another one of my wishes came true. I love it when that happens. I canít remember if it was that night but I know we rode Peter Pan, I might have mentioned that already on the MVMCP post. Still somewhat of a blur, which rides we did when. Anyway, next thing you know itís 11pm and time to go.

Shopped at the Emporium for a bit, spent too much time in there and never got to pick the stuff I wanted from the Confectionery, they had locked up for the night. Oh well. A lot of the merchandise repeats allover the parks but some things donít. Of course the stuff I wanted I never saw again! I needed more time! I need at least two days at Epcot and MK to be satisfied, one day is a tease. Even MVMCP was somewhat of a tease. Gae took some cool shots of Main Street with practically nobody there, kind of eerie....as she mentioned in her report, we didnít read any signs (weird since I seem to have developed a thing for signs this trip) and ended up in the wrong bus lanes. Poor Gae and her busted feet, she should have asked Jake for a piggyback ride! Of course it didnít help any that our rooms were at the furthest spot, practically in the next resort over! This concludes another great day at WDW.

Next chapter: Disney MGM Studios (even my report is going by too quickly).
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 12-12-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Feet up in Mexico

Here is the foot picture I mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Tinker Bell; 09-20-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Gae had to get a pic of a native in Canada.

Totems.....riiiight. And I really need a tan.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    this is a good trip report. I usually find trip reports to be fairly dull, but hearing about a group of strangers (kinda) meeting up and hanging out together in WDW makes it interesting.

I like that you all eat meat.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 12-13-2006 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelling

If we can dream it, we can do it

Thanks T, yes we are meatosoruses. I mean Gae is from Texas, she HAS to eat steak or they'll kick her out of the state.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Thanks T, yes we are meatosoruses. I mean Gae is from Texas, she HAS to eat steak or they'll kick her out of the state.
    FIL used to be a rancher! Have to have my beef! It was a very good steak. Very tender and delicious- even with out any A-1 Sauce.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, so what happened at MGM Studios? Anything cool?
    Did y'all get to meet Darth Vader?!!?!?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

No, didn't meet Darth Vader but it was a great day, I'll get to finishing my TR soon!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    FIL used to be a rancher! Have to have my beef! It was a very good steak. Very tender and delicious- even with out any A-1 Sauce.
    A decent cut of beef requires no A-1...so says this granddaughter of a butcher.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I do agree with that! Man, I want a steak now!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    For the record, I have been reading. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to respond.

And I would also love a good steak right now, but I will have one tomorrow night (husband's office Christmas party at Outback).

I went to Outback last night, but didn't have a steak.

Ok, why is my trip report thread becoming a discussion about steak?

Sorry. Hey, if Jerrame had been on your trip, you would have had someone eating steak...hmmm, ok....
    What happened next?

Gae ate steak on our trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12