Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss GaRain trip report - no rain was hurt in the making of this report in the Vacation Planning forums; Kaitlin and I are up early this morning and I finish packing all of our stuff. We check in on the parents and they are barely even awake. We have ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Day 6 – Wednesday – My feet definitely say it is time to leave.

Kaitlin and I are up early this morning and I finish packing all of our stuff. We check in on the parents and they are barely even awake. We have reservations this morning for The Kona Kafe over at The Polynesian. So, we load our stuff in the car, me making multiple trips to get the parent’s stuff too. Stopped off at the front desk just to make sure we were all checked out while Kaitlin snapped a few pictures of the Christmas decorations in the lobby. I really wish we had taken some time to walk around our resort and taken pictures.
    We head on over to The Polynesian and park the car. We are a little early, so we take our time looking around and taking a lot of pictures. I check us in and we are seated within 5 minutes. I already know what I am having, the Tonga Toast! Dad and Kaitlin decided they were having that as well. Mom couldn’t decide if she should order the Tonga Toast or the macadamia pancakes. I told her to get the pancakes and I would give her some of my Tonga Toast to try – that was a deal. Mom and Dad also ordered coffee, while Kaitlin and I ordered the pineapple juice.
    We had good service, our juice and coffee came out. I wish I had ordered something else, this tasted like pineapple flavored water, and Kaitlin agreed with me. Oh well, you live and learn. Mom and Dad said the coffee, however, was very good. Our food came out shortly and we all dove in. I highly recommend the Tonga Toast, it was very good. I took a picture of Dad’s so that you can see the inside stuffed with bananas. I also had to make a call to my friend Jerrame, just to brag about where I was – she is a die hard Poly fan, this is where her family stays when they come to Disney.
    After breakfast, we grabbed the monorail and headed over to the next stop, The Grand Floridian. Here we wanted to check out the decorations and the infamous Gingerbread house. While this is a lovely resort, I just don’t think I would want to stay here. There really is not Disney theming and it just seems a little too posh for me, like I would feel out of place in my jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirts.
    WOW!!! That is all I can say about the gingerbread house! This thing really is life-sized! You can’t go in it yourself, but there is a little shop inside where you can purchase a gingerbread shingle. We spent our time taking pictures of all the little vignettes around the house, and trying to find all the Hidden Mickey’s. Pretty soon the shop opened and I purchased a couple of gingerbread shingles for Mom and Dad and a gingerbread ornament for Kaitlin.
    I stopped at the photopass station on the 2nd floor on our way out. We had decided that since we had so many pictures on our photopass card, that we would just purchase the cd. I had to wait a few minutes for him to finish up the cd for the family in front of us – they had someone else’s Test Track picture on theirs and were trying to figure out how to get their picture, well, there isn’t, so they decided to go have it done over!
    He scanned in our photopass card and we had like 74 pictures on it. I asked if they could put 2 photopass cards onto one cd – yes, they can. What about the special Christmas party one? Yes, you can put that on there too. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize that, and I didn’t have our other card with me, it was in the car, which was parked back at the Polynesian. I asked if there was a desk like this there, and there wasn’t. But he did tell me that you can have it done at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. That was where we were heading next, so I got our card back and we headed out.
    We were going to stop at the Contemporary to check out their decorations, but we decided to skip it. We got back to the car, I found the Christmas Party photopass card and we headed out to Downtown Disney.
    The parking lot was way crowded, so Dad dropped us off at the curb and we headed in. I located the map, and found where Guest Services was, and we weren’t far. Kaitlin and I headed over and I told Mom that she should just have a seat and wait for Dad. Her hip was bothering her today.
    Once inside Guest Services, I got a little confused. It seems this is where you go once you have your photo shoot from the Bippity Boppity Boutique! This place was SWARMING with princesses. And all of their families were in line to pick out their pictures. I finally found the correct line and waited and waited and waited. Finally it was our turn and the guy took the cards, scanned them in and said my cd would be ready in a couple of minutes, but I had to go to the cash register in Team Disney to pay for the cd. So, Kaitlin and I went to stand in another line. Kaitlin had been pin trading the whole trip and she had a couple more pins from home to trade, and they were burning a hole in her pocket, so to speak. So, I noticed a cute pin on the CM’s lanyard – a goofy in a teacup pin. I told her to trade for that one, as I had not seen it anywhere. So she got that one and it turned out to be a Cast only pin – what a great trade!!!
    Meanwhile, Mom and Dad kept calling on the cell to figure out where we were. I told them Guest Services, but they didn’t know where that was. Since my main goal at Downtown Disney was to visit the Scrapbook store, I told them to meet us there. Unfortunately, they didn’t know where that was either. So they just sat down and told us where to find them.
    Kaitlin and I picked up the cd and headed out the door – there was Mom and Dad sitting there. We started the walk over to the Scrapbook store, I think it is called Disney Memories or something. We made a pitstop on the way – Goofy’s Candy Company!!!
    Inside the candy store, I let Kaitlin pick out the treat she wanted to create. She picked out the Mickey rice krispy treat, dipped in white chocolate, covered in butterfinger and sprinkles. I picked the rice krispy treat as well, and had it dipped in milk chocolate, covered in cookie crumbs and drizzled with white chocolate – YUMMY!!!
    Mom and Dad purchased a few things for the grandkids, and I paid for our treats and we headed out the door. As we passed the Christmas shoppe, I told Dad that he was not to allow Mom to go into that store.
    I found a few things in the scrapbook store to purchase, well, ok, more than a few. But I did try to restrain myself, so that I would not spend another $100 here. Mom purchased a couple of things too, while we all took pictures in some of the photo spots in the store. Outside, we took our pictures by some characters in a snow scene display.
    Then, it happened….yes, we went into the Christmas Store. We forgot we really needed to purchase something for my aunt and cousin for feeding our dogs. We found a few cute things in here. We saw the women doing some decorating of some Mickey shaped Christmas ornaments and decided that was what we wanted to have done. So, we picked out the ornaments and stood in line.
    We asked the CM’s at the front of the line what the wait was on the artwork – 2-3 days!!!! WHAT?! She said she could have it shipped to our resort. Well, that won’t work since we checked out of it today. We decided to go ahead and purchase the ornaments and decorate them ourselves at home. I asked mom if she spent more than $50, if I gave her $10, would she get the special deal with the set of ornaments for me – and she did. (Unfortunately, I never got around to putting up my tree this year.)
    We left the Christmas shop and started walking around to where Dad had parked. We passed the Lego creatures – and Kaitlin thought they were so cool. I did tell y’all that was the saying for the week, right? “That is so cooooollll!”
    Back at the car, I had to rearrange to fit our new purchases in without blocking the back window. We got into the car and we were off, heading home. Now, while I am always sad to leave Disney property, my feet were ready to go home!!!
    It didn’t take long to make the drive, and we only stopped a couple of times – potty break and dinner break at an Arby’s. We got home, unloaded the car and we all crashed – Kaitlin had to be back at school the next day, and I had to be back at work!

All in all, it was a great trip! We didn’t spend too much. We were able to use my Dining Experience Card a few times, and I plan to add up our savings when I find all the receipts, wherever I put them. We rode rides, we saw decorations and we enjoyed the shows, the food and each others company. I got to meet a few online friends, and spent way too little time with them.
    Hmmm, I think I need to fit in one more trip before my Annual Pass expires…
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    What !!! that's all a I get a passing thought seesh I know next time to write your report stinks Just kidding. It sounds like you all had a ball to bad I was there to make it the Wonderful trip it could had been

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Well, I still have memories of our trip! I think that may be the scrapbook I work on next. Speaking of that - did you take ANY pictures while we were down there?
    That, and can you send me an email with your dolphin picture attached?
    We MUST plan another trip!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Well, I still have memories of our trip! I think that may be the scrapbook I work on next. Speaking of that - did you take ANY pictures while we were down there?
    That, and can you send me an email with your dolphin picture attached?
    We MUST plan another trip!!!

I got to look for them right now all the scrapbooking stuff and pictures are all over my house. As soon I can I'll send them to you.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    I got to look for them right now all the scrapbooking stuff and pictures are all over my house. As soon I can I'll send them to you.
    THANK YOU!!!
    I had dinner last night with a friend and my Christmas present from her included a whole bunch of Disney scrapbooking pages...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Great report! I can hear Kaitlin saying "That is soooo coool!" With a big smile on her face!

Glad I got to meet you all--can't wait to try it again!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234