Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss GaRain trip report - no rain was hurt in the making of this report in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 1 – Friday – Just a travel day Got up early this morning to head to the doctor. I had packed the night before, all of mine and Kaitlin’s ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

GaRain trip report - no rain was hurt in the making of this report

Day 1 – Friday – Just a travel day

Got up early this morning to head to the doctor. I had packed the night before, all of mine and Kaitlin’s things into one big suitcase. When I got home, after running some errands, I ate some lunch and help start packing the car. Left to get Kaitlin at school and by the time we got back with her, we were ready to go and we hit the road around 3ish. Now, if you know anything about Atlanta traffic, you know that Friday afternoon rush hour begins at 6am and lasts until about 8pm. We were actually lucky, went around 285 and hit 75South with no real hangups.
    We drove down to the Lark Park, GA area to stay the night. I had contacted a fellow trip writer – hi Sheri!!!! – to get a hotel recommendation. We stayed at her Days Inn, we even filled up at her gas station, but did not get 2 diet cokes before hitting the road – yes on the mini muffins however. But that is really going into Saturday.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Day 2 – Saturday – This line is way more than 40 minutes, dude

Once again, up early, I wanted us to hit the road by 7am. We filled up on the continental breakfast, filled the car with gas and we hit the road – destination, Epcot! We arrived around 10:30ish and went straight to the park. One of my friends from the DWT board called right as I was walking in the gates.
    We made a dash for The Land, our first stop – Soarin’. Kaitlin had not ridden this yet, so a first for her. The wait time was 40 minutes, and we were not in a big rush, so we grabbed a fastpass and got into line. The CM at the front of the line handed me the lanyard to mark the time – if you aren’t familiar, most of the time it is a red rope lanyard that they will hand to you if you walk in at a certain time. Once you get to the front, you hand it over to the CM there, and that is how they figure out how long the line is taking. I let Kaitlin take over that responsibility. And stayed in line FOREVER!!! In fact, while in line, the entire DWT gang passed us in the fastpass line, practically at a run. We said we would hook up with them later. Finally at the front of the line, and onto the ride. I asked if we were going to be in the front row and the guy said yes. Well, I don’t know what his idea of front row is, but we were in the 3rd. That is ok, we still enjoyed our ride.
    By the time we got off, it was only 15 minutes until our fastpass time. So, mom and dad gave us their fast passes, Kaitlin spent some time doing one of the KidCots, and then we went in the fast pass line, a walk on!!! Plus, we were in the front row center – you can’t get better than that. We decided you can’t, so we gave our other 2 fast passes to some guy at the fast pass distribution area. (How many times can you say fast pass in one paragraph?
    Headed over to The Living Seas to meet the ‘rents and dad started calling me. Mom was saving a place in line to see Turtle Talk with Crush. We rushed to get in line, and as I did, the guy handed me a sign to hold – and end of the line sign, to let people behind me know that they might not get into the next show. And here was the start of a trend for this trip. I may not have received anything for the Year of a Million Dreams, but I sure kept good time for them!!!
    Turtle Talk was way cute, and we loved it. Mom and Dad rode the new Clam Shell ride, but told us that it was a little childish, so we skipped it, and headed over to Test Track. I called Linds on the way to meet us over there, as she and Christina were not having lunch with the rest of the DWT gang.
    Kaitlin and I stopped at one of the Imagination Pavillions so that we could do another KidCot. We met Linds and Christina, and they rode Test Track with us, while my parents hit The World Showcase – dad was hungry and craving an egg roll from China. We got into the single riders line, but Kaitlin and I still ended up in the same car, we swiped the photopass at the end to keep our picture – this is a great option and I hope they add it to more rides.
    After Test Track, we separated from Linds and Christina to go meet my parents. We started walking to World Showcase, and dad called to tell us to meet in Mexico, and we would go to the resort so that we could check into our rooms, and get a bite to eat at the Food Court there. By the time we got to Mexico, mom was in line to meet Donald, dressed as he is in the Three Caballeros.
    After this great photo opportunity, we headed to the front of the park stopping at Test Track to get a fast pass. For some reason, my AP wouldn’t work in the machine, it said my ticket was invalid. So, off to guest relations and standing in line – I got a new AP, and we were off to All Star Music.
    When we got there, check in was relatively fast. Then Kaitlin and I got something to eat, I had chicken parm and she had a burrito – I did get to use my Disney Dining card here for the 20% discount. We also each got a refillable mug, but the dining discount did not apply to these.
    Next we went to our rooms, we were in the Calypso building right next to the main building and the big pool shaped like a guitar. I think these are usually preferred, but we didn’t request it. We did not have connecting rooms, but they were close to each other. The guy checking us in said side by side, but we were both at the end of the building, just on opposite sides, so side by side, but not where the doors were, if you understand what I am saying. Unfortunately, none of our cards worked on mine and Kaitlin’s room, and the air would not work in the parents’ room – back to the front desk, and our keys were fixed (Kaitlin thought it was so cool that her name was on hers), and they called someone to check on the air in the room.
    Back in the car and off to Epcot.
    Once we were back in the park, we went on Spaceship Earth, Kaitlin had never been on this before. She really enjoyed the ride – since we were way up in that golfball!!! I wanted to go to the character connection, but we never made it. We did head over to Test Track to use our fast passes from earlier in the day. The CM there had given me one when my AP wouldn’t work – so we all rode. It was my mom’s first time, and she had a great time. The four of us had our own car!!!
    After this, mom and dad headed into World Showcase, while Kaitlin and I headed to Mission Space, we planned to take the no spinning version. Even with this, it is definitely a great ride, and we had fun.
    On our way into World Showcase to meet Mom and Dad at the UK Pavilion, Kaitlin and I passed a few photopass opportunities and had our pictures taken. Neither of us brought our camera with us this night, and this later proved to be a bad idea.
    We got to the UK, and no sight of the ‘rents. Called them and they were in Morrocco. They had taken the friendship boat over and it had obviously taken a tad longer for them to get back a few stops. We told them that they better hurry, because Eeyore was inside the Toy Store. Eeyore is my mom’s absolute favorite, and we had to get her picture with him. Alice of Alice in Wonderland was also there. Unfortunately, the 2 of us without a camera or an autograph book, couldn’t get anything done. We stood in line, hoping they wouldn’t cut it off, and let people in front of us as we got closer and closer to the front of the line. Mom finally showed up with the camera and we all got our pictures taken with Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore!!!
    By now, we all wanted something to eat, and despite us saying that we were going to try something different, we found ourselves at the Fish and Chips stand. We found a table by the perfume shop – ugh, and ate our yummy fish and chips. Then headed around the world showcase.
    In France, we looked for the kidcot stop, and also for Belle and the Beast, but they were not out. We also searched the stores for unique Christmas ornaments. You would have thought that Disney would capitalize on something like that – an ornament for each country – but nope! We continued on.
    Around the USA pavilion, we stopped to listen to the Candlelight Processional. This is one of the things I wanted us to do, but just could not fit it into the schedule. Kaitlin and I spotted Santa and Mrs. Klaus, so we got in line to have our pictures taken. This line was really long, but it gave us a chance to slow down, listen to the music and just take it all in. It also gave my dad a chance to take a ton of pictures, and for my mom to do some shopping.
    After this, we found a spot to sit down to watch Illuminations. We did not make it all the way around the World Showcase, and I wish I had another day to spend here. While we had places to sit, we didn’t really have a great view – in fact, I couldn’t see the fire barge at all from where I was sitting. But I was fine, I heard the wonderful music and saw the fireworks. I love the Holiday edition to this show – only Disney can pull off playing “Let there be peace on earth” while setting off a bunch of explosions.
    This was the end of our first day in Disney and we headed back to the front of the park and back to our resort. Got ready for bed, set a wake up call and turned out the lights.

Boy oh boy....aren't you guys just so creative on naming this trip reports!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sure We are creative---We are a fun group!

Love the report Lara!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Sure We are creative---We are a fun group!

Love the report Lara!

Some of you are apparently more fun than others! Is Kevin ever gonna let you out of the house again?

He says I have to take him next time. Then we will see! lol

oh, and the kids. Got to take the kids next trip.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It sounds like fun! Wish I could have been there. The only thing that would have made your trip better than it was is if I, Mr. iwbm, Jim and Melissa were there! We are the REAL party animals!
    They call me "Nana"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    It sounds like fun! Wish I could have been there. The only thing that would have made your trip better than it was is if I, Mr. iwbm, Jim and Melissa were there! We are the REAL party animals!
    I beg to differ you didn't go on our girl's trip my idea mine you I thought we were going to get ejected from the park all the noise we made.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    I beg to differ you didn't go on our girl's trip my idea mine you

"my idea MIND you"

Um....T and I don't go to WDW without our Husband's, wouldn't want to either!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Great read!!

BTW, I'd say FP instead of Fast Pass all the time!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Great read!!

BTW, I'd say FP instead of Fast Pass all the time!!!!!
    Yes, but this ain't your TR is it now? hee hee

Day 3 – Sunday – Where is that net full of jello? And no, I am not going to move for

Since we are taking it easy this trip, we are not planning to be at a park when it opens, but we did set a wakeup call. I wanted Kaitlin to answer the phone – although I REALLY wish they would change it from Stitch already!!! She slept right through it, even after I let it ring quite a few times.
    Well, up and at ‘em, as Mickey would say, and we head down to the food court to grab some breakfast, the ‘rents are not up yet. I had some French toast and Kaitlin had waffles with fruit. All full, we check on the ‘rents, they are not ready yet, so we decided to take a bus to MGM and just meet them there.
    We didn’t have to wait too long for a bus, and we arrived at the park in good time. We get inside and head straight down towards Tower of Terror and Aerosmith’s Rockin’Roller Coaster. Checked the time on ToT, only a 20 minute wait, so we went to go Rock out! The wait was listed at 40 minutes, but it was more like 10. When we got inside the alley, Kaitlin started to get a little nervous. We got to the front of the line and they send us down to row 1. Then she really started to freak out.
    The ride was over before you knew it and when we checked out the picture, I knew we had to purchase it, Kaitlin’s face was priceless. While in line, mom called to say they were in the parking lot. We made plans to meet them at ToT. Once we were out there, we checked the wait time – still 20 minutes. By the time the parents got there, however, the wait was up to 40 minutes, so we all grabbed a fastpass and headed back to the center of the park.
    Trying to decide what to do next, we stopped at a photopass photographer to get a group shot in front of the hat. After that, we headed into The Great Movie Ride. Time listed for the wait was 20 minutes, and I think it ended up being that. When we were stopped at the front, I asked about getting the “Cowboy” side, and because that had just loaded, we would have to wait, but they preboarded us! We sat in the very front by the driver. This was a first ride for Kaitlin, but not for my parents – but they didn’t remember any of it. Our cowboy was very enthusiastic and we had a lot of fun.
    Once out of the theatre, we were trying to figure out what to do next. It was getting around lunchtime, so we went into the ABC Commissary to check out the menu. There really wasn’t much here, I didn’t want a burger, since we had reservations for SciFi later.
    We headed over to another eatery, but stopped at Star Tours first. Wait time was 10 minutes, and I think that was only the walk up. After our blast into space, we walked out to see Darth Vader and a couple of Storm Troopers, so we got in line, while mom went to purchase an autograph book for Kaitlin. Unfortunately, the shop was out of pens, so we had to borrow one. Oh yeah, I got my picture with Dark Vader too, how often do you get to meet the dark lord?
    By this time, we were starving, and I stood in line to order while the ‘rents grabbed a table. Kaitlin and I got chicken fingers, dad got the salad with grilled chicken and mom got the grilled veggie sandwich – we all enjoyed our choices. After this, we decided to head over to see Lights Motors Action! The show was about 45 minutes away. Kaitlin and I stopped to grab her some ice cream and I saw Lightening McQueen and TowMater heading down the street, so I got some good pictures of them.
    We made the long walk to the stadium and got some decent seats, although there really are not any bad ones here. I didn’t want mom to walk all the way up the stands, not with her hip the way it has been acting. I would have asked them to seat us in handicap, but we got a row only a few up. People kept POURING into the stadium, even after the show had started – don’t these people ever look at the time schedule?
    Next up was Muppets. I love this show!!! We took a picture of the key under the mat? I tried to take a picture of the Net Full of Jello. I love this show. When we got out, we went shopping. Finally got a pen for Kaitlin.
    We then had to hustle down to the parade route, I wanted to see the Holiday version. It was not a very long parade, and the cars were just about the same, just with some decorations. But I love the song – We need a little Christmas, right this very minute. It was a cute parade, and I loved seeing Mary Poppins Penguins dancing down the street.
    After the parade, we headed over to see The Little Mermaid, but it looked like that show was slammed, so we got a fastpass to the next one. Then Kaitlin and I went down to see One Man’s Dream. We walked through the showcase and I told her the little parts of Walt’s life that I knew about – I learned from the DWT book, the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour (I wish we had time this trip to do a tour!). Then we watched the film, and it was nice, but that theatre was FREEZING!! We were glad to be out when it was over.
    Met up with the parents and headed into The Little Mermaid. Man, the water was in full force during this show, and we all got a little sprayed. I think Kaitlin loved this show.
    Next, we went down Mickey Avenue, as I wanted us to get our pictures with Sorcerer Mickey. The line to see him here is never really that long – or so I thought. Man, we walked in and the line was huge. But we got into it anyways. But dad went over to the backlot tour to see what the wait was, and we ended up going over there to check out that ride/ tour. It was a 40-45 minute long experience and would put us out about the time of our seating at SciFi – or so I thought. So, once we were through Catastrophe Canyon (Kaitlin thought it was pretty cool, and she loves to get wet, I don’t), Kaitlin and I made a mad dash over to the SciFi Dine in to check in. Well, it seems I was dyslexic when I remembered our dining time – I thought it was 5:40 and it was actually 4:50. They said they would work us in, but we decided to just go check out the Osborne Lights and head back to the resort to eat.
    We made our way over to the streets of America and found a spot so that we could see all down the street. It was about 15 minutes before the lights turned on and we waited and waited and waited – as the street filled with people. They kept trying to get us to move down, but I was not going to give up my prime spot and get in that mess for all those people that showed up at the last minute – we stood our ground.
    Wow, the lights and the music were fabulous, I really wish there was a way to get a picture of it and the battery in the video camera had died earlier in the day, so we didn’t record it. Oh well, we loved it anyways.
    Kaitlin decided we should take the bus back, we would meet mom and dad in the food court back at the resort. We had to make a stop at the front of the park to pick up our Rock’n’Roller Coaster picture. Man, that was an episode. All they told me was front of the park – so I went to the camera shop and waited in line. Nope, not here, head down to guest services at the front on the left. Well, guest services was on the right. So we headed in there and waited in line. Nope, not here, package pickup. By this time I was so irritated, the guy said he would walk us over there, so that there were no issues in finding the place. Got our pictures and headed to the bus.
    Back at the resort, mom and dad had most definitely beaten us back. We all had dinner, Kaitlin and Mom had spaghetti and meatballs, while dad and I each had a pepperoni pizza. It was all good and very filling.
    Kaitlin and I went back to our room to leave some things, wash our faces and then head out to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. We were totally bummed as another day and no towel animals. Oh well.
    We went to the bus stop and I made a few calls to the gang from DWT – I told them that we would be there soon, hopefully. They were all about to enjoy Wishes – I love that fireworks show!
    A bus finally came (a good 25 minute wait), and we arrived a short time later at the front of the Magic Kingdom. We got in line for our bracelets and called the gang. We planned to meet at Lou’s Spot – we had to have our picture taken. Mandy was with them too, but since she was not staying in a resort, she was “illegal”, and had to leave soon after we took the picture, I was sad to see her go.
    Linds and Christina decided to go back to the resort, while Gae, Caroline and Jake agreed to go with us to ride Space Mountain. I had neck surgery earlier this year, and I think Space Mountain jerks you around a bit too much, and I needed to skip it. Gae agreed to ride with Kaitlin!!! They were all so nice about it, and I stayed in line with them, and took the “chicken exit”. Met them where they disembark and we headed out into Tomorrowland! Buzz Lightyear was up and the challenge was on.
    I love this ride, it is so cute. But the Disneyland version is better, you can actually take your laser gun out and point it better at the targets. The ride stopped about halfway through, and the bummer part was that it stopped with me and Kaitlin in between rooms, and we could not really improve our score very much. I still think I beat Gae in the end!!
    We got out of there, and rode the People Mover, I mean the TTA. Kaitlin got in her own car – she insisted. Then when Gae, Caroline and I sat in one, she changed her mind, but it was too late. It was a cute ride around and it gave us a chance to talk.
    After we got off, we headed over to Adventureland and Kaitlin and I shared her first Dole Whip Float, man, those things are YUMMY!!! We hurried up and finished so that we could get onto Pirates of the Carribbean!!! After some confusion, I was hoping we could get our own boat – we did, but somehow, Kaitlin rode with Gae, Jake and Caroline shared a row and somehow I ended up in the back by myself – oh well. I still love this ride – We Wants the Redhead!! I love the Jack additions – he is so lifelike, it is almost scary.
    Next we cut through over to Liberty Square. We went into the Haunted Mansion. Kaitlin and I rode together this time! One of the Cast Members almost scared me when she poked her head around our casket right as we started into the first room – I screamed loud and scared Kaitlin. After picking up our hitchhiking ghost, we realized that it was park closing time. Those extra magic hours sure do go by fast.
    Caroline, Jake and Gae wanted to do a little shopping on their way out, but we just wanted to hit the sack. We said our goodbyes and headed to the bus stop. The line was super long and we ended up waiting through at least 3 buses. But we were soon back at the resort and in our comfy beds – setting a wakeup call for 9 the next morning, yup, we were sleeping in!

I have to agree with people pouring into the stadium at Lights, Motors, Action! When we were there we found it very distracting and very annoying that we had people walking in front of us while we were trying to watch the show. They should close the entrance after the show starts and not let people in.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post

Um....T and I don't go to WDW without our Husband's, wouldn't want to either!
    Yeah! What she said!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast