Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 2nd Annual very mini Minnie DWT meet at Toledo Zoo Lights Before Christmas in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, so T-Nina stopped whinning long enough about the cold to make the trip to Toledo for our second annual mini Minnie meet. It was actually much warmer this year ...

2nd Annual very mini Minnie DWT meet at Toledo Zoo Lights Before Christmas

Okay, so T-Nina stopped whinning long enough about the cold to make the trip to Toledo for our second annual mini Minnie meet. It was actually much warmer this year than last and if it wouldn't have been for the wind, it would have been down right balmy!

We had dinner prior to going to the zoo at the same place as last year (Ed's favorite restaurant) Texas Roadhouse. The dinner started out with opening and endless amount of gifts! T-Nina WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY over did it. She was overly generous and thoughtful (I know.....most of you didn't know she had it in her....) The boys were thrilled that the gifts kept coming and continued to tear through them with excitement. The last gift that we opened was an amazing gift!!! I still need to take a photo so I can post it. It brought tears to my eyes when I opened it and I will cherish it forever.

Dinner was delicious (even with the overflow of A-1 on my plate!) and thankfully my Son didn't get lost in the restaurant. Long story short....Daddy took the 2 year old to the bathroom and while Daddy was doing his business, Tanner unlatched the door to the stall and was out the bathroom door. I don't know how, but he was smart enough to make it back to our table on his own with a frantic Daddy about a minute behind him. Thankfully a possible devistating outcome was avoided.

After dinner we made our way to the Toledo Zoo and bundled ourselves up. First stop was to the museum to get in line to see Santa. We were there 2 weeks ago and the wait line was over 2 hours long! Lesson learned to head there first thing. We still ended up waiting probably a 1/2 an hour as it was. Tanner was not happy about waiting in line and found his way under the velvet rope to the front of the stage and was trying to scale the way to get to Santa! Then he fell off the stairs and hit his head on the concrete! Thankfully again.....possible devistating outcome was avoided. T-Nina stopped to pose in a giraffe cutout figure, but she was too short to even see through the hole! Ed had to go around back and give her a lift!

After Santa we headed out to start touring the zoo. The lights were absolutely beautiful as usual. After walking for awhile the boys were ready for some popcorn and hot cocoa so we hit up the concession stand. Jim bought a round of hot cocoa's for everyone forcing Ed to remove his gloves and therefore suffering from extreme arthritis pain now. BAD JIM! We continued to tour the zoo and came around by the Conservatory where I spotted a Hidden Mickey! (photo to follow) I love it when I find the Magic of Disney everywhere we go!

We stopped by to watch the Dancing Lights. They have a great display set up to a few classic Christmas songs which is one of my favorite parts...that is of course....other than spending time with good friends.

After walking the last part of the zoo before heading back over the foot bridge we sat down in the cafe for some more hot cocoa (and iced tea for Jim and T-Nina) and cookies for the boys. After finishing up and warming up a bit we bundled back up and headed for the walkway where we stopped to pose for a few photo's and then finished off the zoo tour with the Africa section before heading back to our vehicles and saying our goodbyes.

We had a wonderful time and look forward to the 3rd Annual Mini Minnie Meet!

The boys with Santa (this is also going to by my Christmas card!)

T-Nina trying to see through the neck of the giraffe

T-Nina being lifted by Ed so she could see through the neck of the giraffe

Picture of the Conservatory where from the correct angle you can see a Hidden Mickey (Hidden Mickey photo to follow)

Hidden Mickey!!!!!

Various photo's from throughtout the zoo

Tanner and one of the few photo's of him smiling that night!

T-Nina and me!

T-Nina and Ed

All of us together!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Aw, aren't we sweet?
    They call me "Nana"

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Great report and great photos!!

I wish I was there to see T trying to look through the giraffe ~ Something I imagine was one of those 'Had to be there' moments!!

Just a shame we couldn't make it!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, that is so cute!!! Wish I could have been there - except for that cold and all.
    It is about 67 here in Atlanta today.
    I love the pictures of the lights, that is so cool that they have a hidden Mickey - I am sure they put it there just for y'all.

T-Nina doesn't look too mean...
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Aw, aren't we sweet?
    Yes you are - thoughtful too!!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    T-Nina doesn't look too mean...

Looks can be VERY deceiving!

I'm really not mean. Melissa just brings it out in me. We got sick of all the sugary, lovey dovey, syrupy **** and decided to have a hate fest one day and it kind of snowballed from there.
    They call me "Nana"

I'm really not mean. Melissa just brings it out in me. We got sick of all the sugary, lovey dovey, syrupy **** and decided to have a hate fest one day and it kind of snowballed from there.

Any photos?...
    Rich

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That looks so Fun---except for the cold!

My Side of the Story

We were late leaving because some jerk decided to walk into my office just as I was putting my coat on to apply for a loan. Since business comes before pleasure, I gave him my sweetest smile and accomodated him. We were about 20 minutes from our exit when Melissa calls to tell me they are running late also and are about 20 minutes away. It must have been karma. I asked her if she had been able to determine what exit we were looking for and she hadn't, so we were winging it. A few minutes later as Mr. iwbm zips past the exit we needed to take, I call her back to inform her that it is exit 8. She tells me they are at mile marker 12 and I look up and there they go--right past us in the other direction. We finally get turned around and make it back to Texas Roadhouse. I get out of the car and grab the bag of gifts and it rips. Gifts go tumbling everywhere. So I dump a cardboard box full of computer diskettes into my trunk so I can use the box. I mean a box FULL of diskettes. My trunk is STILL full of diskettes.

We go into the restaurant and the hostess tells us our party is all the way in the back. So we head for the back of the restaurant looking for Jim, Melissa, and the boys and walk right past them (they are only half way back--I was misled). Ed makes fun of me the rest of the weekend because I can spot them on the freeway headed the opposite direction, but not when I am standing less than two feet away.

I hadn't even gotten my bottom all the way onto the seat when Parker thrusts a gift at me. He is very excited for me to open it. It is the cutest ornament that he made himself (okay, I'm sure he had a little help with the hot glue gun, but is was mostly done himself). He was so proud and justifiably so. The Santa and Rudolph ornaments Ed and I received from him are precious. I promise to take a photo soon. They are hanging at the top of our tree in a special place.

A good deal of gift exchanging goes on and we have a table full of gift wrap and ribbons. Our waitress was very sweet and helpful when it came to disposing of it. I hope she has a very happy Christmas. (See, I can be nice when the occasion warrants.)

We order our meals and the food is delicious. What Melissa left our of her version of this story is that Jim had to go to the restroom because he was laughing so hard at her plate of A1 that he was going to wet himself if he didn't go. I was laughing so hard I could barely take the picture. I wish I had the cameral out when she realized what she had done. It was a Visa moment. You know---

Bottle of A1-$2.49
    Steak at Roadhouse-$10.95
    The look on Melissa's face-PRICELESS!

Okay, I'm sitting here laughing now just thinking about it. You should have been there.

While Melissa is finishing up her A1, I spend some time playing Star Wars Peanuts with Parker and Tow Mater Truck with Tanner. One of these days maybe I'll have some grandchildren to play with. In the meantime I'll just ruin Melissa's kids.

Then it's off to the zoo. The lights were beautiful and it really wasn't cold as long as we stayed out of the wind. The wind was brutal though. I think next year Santa may come in July. We really enjoyed the lights and music. Tanner likes to dance. He doesn't talk much, but has no problem getting his point across. I was holding his hand and dancing with him (kind of). When I would let go of his hand he would stick it back out at me until I took it and danced some more. He is sooooooooo cute. It's just a shame that he keeps on growing. I don't know why God doesn't let them stay babies for just a little longer.

And that concludes my version of this little tale.....almost. There is only one thing left to say (and you better remember it, cause I'm only saying this once). Take away the presents, take away the wonderful food, take away the lights and the animals and the music, but NEVER ever take away our friendship. Jim, Melissa, Parker, and Tanner---we love you. Merry Christmas.
    They call me "Nana"

The ornaments Parker made for us:

The Jiminy Cricket Melissa and Jim gave to me and Mr. iwbm:

The Minnie Mouse Melissa and Jim gave to me and Mr. iwbm:

Would you like a little steak with your A1?

They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Makes me hungry again!

We go into the restaurant and the hostess tells us our party is all the way in the back. So we head for the back of the restaurant looking for Jim, Melissa, and the boys and walk right past them (they are only half way back--I was misled). Ed makes fun of me the rest of the weekend because I can spot them on the freeway headed the opposite direction, but not when I am standing less than two feet away.

Little clairification....we were not "half way back", there was only one aisle left before you reached the back of the restaurant and they didn't BOTH walk right past us....just T-Nina, Ed stopped and watched her and wondered what the heck she was doing as he told us "hello"!

We order our meals and the food is delicious. What Melissa left our of her version of this story is that Jim had to go to the restroom because he was laughing so hard at her plate of A1 that he was going to wet himself if he didn't go. I was laughing so hard I could barely take the picture. I wish I had the cameral out when she realized what she had done. It was a Visa moment. You know---

Jim was thrilled when I read him your version this morning.

While Melissa is finishing up her A1, I spend some time playing Star Wars Peanuts with Parker and Tow Mater Truck with Tanner. One of these days maybe I'll have some grandchildren to play with. In the meantime I'll just ruin Melissa's kids.

Then it's off to the zoo. The lights were beautiful and it really wasn't cold as long as we stayed out of the wind. The wind was brutal though. I think next year Santa may come in July. We really enjoyed the lights and music. Tanner likes to dance. He doesn't talk much, but has no problem getting his point across. I was holding his hand and dancing with him (kind of). When I would let go of his hand he would stick it back out at me until I took it and danced some more. He is sooooooooo cute. It's just a shame that he keeps on growing. I don't know why God doesn't let them stay babies for just a little longer.

T is going to make a WONDERFUL Grandma when the time presents itself! The boys absolutely love her!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast