Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss February Trip Questions in the Vacation Planning forums; Well my fiance's work came through and my possible January trip is now a February trip. He has to be in Orlando for a builders show and I thought, hey, ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

February Trip Questions

Well my fiance's work came through and my possible January trip is now a February trip. He has to be in Orlando for a builders show and I thought, hey, free room, maybe I should go to WDW while he is at his work thing.
    So I am leaving on the 7th of February at 8 am, supposed to land at 10 am. And then I have the 8th and 9th to go to WDW.
    We are staying at the Orlando Marriot. Here is the website.
    www.marriottworldcenter.com

I was wondering if anyone has been there before and knows if there is transportation to disney from there. Otherwise, I thought I would take a cab. It says it is only 6 miles from MK so it seems to be close. So my question is would a cab be the best way to get there? Also - are there cabs all over at night where I would just hail one. Or would I have to schedule one to pick me up at night from the parks to get back to the hotel.

I am planning on getting a park hopper for the two days. I have thought about it alot. I know it is way more expensive but there are three things in three different parks that I just have to see!! So I can't think of any other way.
    I was thinking of maybe seeing when we get to the hotel on the 7th and maybe just going and buying a ticket at the gate if it is not too late in the day.
    My other question is when do the parks open and close for non resort guests in Feb?
    Still trying to work all this out.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

So happy that the trip is going to work out for you Katy!!!! Not sure about the Marriott, but I cannot imagine that they don't have transportation. They must have an 800# on their website, the best bet would be to call them directly and ask.

Also...you can go to Disney's website to get the park hours for February! Here is a link directly to park hours for the Magic Kingdom. Just adjust accordingly for the other parks. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20070201

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!

Also....if you do end up doing the cab route and you cannot find one outside of whichever park you are at (which I doubt you will have a problem, but if you do...) take the monorail or a bus to the nearest resort and take one from there.

Thanks for the link Melissa. I forgot AK closed so early. I will have to do some major squeezing in.
    One of my friends from College works down there at Downtown Disney. She said maybe she could get the two days and go with me. So that will be nice, plus she said she can get on the rides fast!!

Man I did not realize we were going on a weekend. It would be so nice if it was during the week. I would assume it would not be as busy.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Cabs are readily available at Downtown Disney. I doubt the cost of the cab would be more than $12 not including tip unless the cab driver tries to take you for a ride so to speak. The hotel itself in only 1.5 miles from the eastern entrance to WDW, but of course it is a lot farther to the parks. I think the cab driver would have to pay parking to get into the T&TC, so your cost would be higher. I would imagine the hotel has complimentary transportation to the parks, but getting back to your hotel can be a hassle.

The DW and I will be at WDW while you are there. Perhaps we will bump into one another.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

So you would recommend at night to take a Disney bus to Downtown Disney and a cab from there?

Has anyone ever stayed in an off site hotel and not had a car? I am just confused on how I should go about this.
    Last edited by Shere_Khan; 12-18-2006 at 02:27 PM.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I looked at the hotel and Downtown Disney. At least it should be a reasonable cost to take a cab from DTD back to your hotel. (Cabs in Orlando are expensive. It cost me $20 to go from AK Lodge to a church just outside WDW one Sunday, and I think it was about $12 to go from the Church to DTD.) I'd be really surprised if the hotel didn't offer some type of transportation to the parks or at least DTD. Good luck. I'm sure you're not the first guest at the complex to not have a car and need transportation to the parks.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Now here is another really dumb question. I have been to WDW before but have always stayed on Disney property so they do everything for you, I never even thought about this.

If I take a cab to Disney, or the hotel transportation, do they take you right to the park you want, or do they take you to the ticket and transport center? I am not even sure what the TTC actually is either. So if they take me there, how do I get where I need to go from there?

Sorry - I know that is dumb. I should know this stuff.

I absolutely hate bumping threads but can anyone explain the above question to me. I am just not real good at this stuff yet. Not a world traveler.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I can only answer what the TTC is. It is basically the transportation hub. You can catch a bus to any of the parks from there. I think you can Monorail from there also, if I remember right.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Ty turkey, I guess so my next question is, can cabs only get there, or can they go to the actual park you want to get to?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Here is my attempt to answer your question.
    There are cab drop off locations at the gates of every park except the Magic Kingdom. I believe that the cab would need to drop you off at the Ticket and Transportation center and then you would take the boat or monorail over to the Magic Kingdom.
    Your other option would be to have the cab driver drop you off at the Contemporary and then you could walk over to the Magic Kingdom.

Hope that helps.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Katy, I did some digging on the hotel's wwebsite, and it does mention Disney transportation for a nominal fee: http://www.marriottworldcenter.com/s...ected=services I would suggest calling the hotel and finding out just what that means.

Question: how are you getting from the airport to the Marriott? If you have to pay to get there and back, maybe it would make sense to rent a car for the 3 days? You'd have more control over your comings and goings, it would be easier to park hop, and might not be that much more than repeated cab fares. Mousesavers.com has lots of discount codes for rental cars. Just a thought.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    sure.. go the 8th and 9th... can't the show be re-scheduled a few days later when todd and i will be there?

the nerve of his company! or did they plan it that way to make sure they all returned safely before todd and i showed up????

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    i would just suggest contacting the hotel you are staying at and asking if they have transportation to DW...

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf View Post
    sure.. go the 8th and 9th... can't the show be re-scheduled a few days later when todd and i will be there?

the nerve of his company! or did they plan it that way to make sure they all returned safely before todd and i showed up????

Lol, all I know is I get a free room so I go when they tell me to.

Sorry I will miss you, would be great to meet some people since I will be by myself.

Thanks all for the help!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast