Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Thanksgiving Trip 2007 in the Vacation Planning forums; Since my planned spring break trip fell through for 2007, I think I'm going to attempt a Thanksgiving 2007 trip. Can anyone tell me when the Christmas decorations go up ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Thanksgiving Trip 2007

Since my planned spring break trip fell through for 2007, I think I'm going to attempt a Thanksgiving 2007 trip. Can anyone tell me when the Christmas decorations go up at WDW? I'd like to actually go to WDW on Thanksgiving day and have dinner there but I'd also like to see some of the famous Christmas atmosphere I've heard about.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

They seem to start it earlier and earlier each year. The entire World will not be decorated, but I'm certain you will see plenty of Christmas decorations. I wanna say that they start full force decorating the beginning of November.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I believe they even had Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starting earlier this year. While everything might not be in full swing, I bet you will get a good piece of Christmas if you go down at Thanksgiving - but be prepared for CROWDS!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We went Thanksgiving 2003 and only had crowds at MK on Thanksgiving day. We plan on going the week of Thanksgiving 2007! Can't wait to see the difference. There will be decorations up and the big trees are usually up. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's Thanksgiving Day. It was very good and nice. We then went over to do a few rides at MK which was pretty crowded but nice. The weather was really good.

Enjoy planning your trip!

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    All but one of our trips we arrive the day after Thanksgiving and it is fully decked out. We leave the following weekend which is usually when they are filming the Christmas parade. We usually go to MVMCP. We will be there the day after Thanksgiving in 2007.

I hope to take the kids to MVMCP or Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Can't wait until Thanksgiving and seeing my little guys on their first trip to the world. And the older guys second trip!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    My friend went Thanksgiving this year and the lines were long at Magic Kingdom. She also didn't make her dining reservations early enough so she didn't get to eat where she wanted.

Moral of the story: make your reservations for meals early if that is important to you.

Well I was planning on hitting the parks before Turkey Day, spending Thanksgiving Day with family who live in Orlando and then hitting the other parks starting friday. That is of course if I can convince my wife to forgoe "Black Friday" for WDW!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Well, let her have fun with "Black Friday" while you hang out at the parks! That might work and you could both be happy!

Hope you have fun planning this trip. My kids are starting to get excited and it is WAY to early for that!

Sounds like a plan to me but she's not familiar with the Orlando area at all so she might end up lost. Of course that might give me the chance to hit on the Princesses. I've always had a crush on Pocahantos and Jasmine. I wonder what kind of perks you get if you marry Disney Family Royalty?