Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Advance trip planning in the Vacation Planning forums; Does anyone know how far in advance you can start trip planning?? We would like to take our next one the first week of December 2008. On Disney World's website, ...
    Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Advance trip planning

Does anyone know how far in advance you can start trip planning?? We would like to take our next one the first week of December 2008. On Disney World's website, I can only seem to plan for 07, will this change after the New Year??
    I'M READY TO START THE PLANNING!!!!!

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I believe you can plan about a year in advance on the internet but I'm not sure, you could always call Disney directly and ask them.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I don't know the answer, ut at this early stage, you can start saving to spread the cost and start planning your days in the parks!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Money is one reason we're wanting to plan so far in advance, but my children's age is another. We just got back from Disney on Dec. 6th-first trip-and my kids are 2 1/2 and 15 months. While they were a lot better than people expected them to be, I'm thinking almost 5 and three sounds a little easier
    We want to go back at the same time of year, but I just can't spend a whole year NOT planning.
    Just wanted to know if I could actually start this soon....Thanks for the help guys.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    We just got back with our 6 year old and 2 1/2 year old (actually he will be 3 in April). This trip was easier in many ways than the year before. My younger child was able to communicate with us about what he wanted to do which made the trip really fun for him. He still had to do alot of riding and napping in the stroller (which was fine with him).

Disney should be able to help with your reservations over the phone if you aren't able to do it far enough in advance online. Otherwise, check with a local travel agency.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

That is the same time that we plan on taking our next trip too! Since we're DVC members I know I can't make any ressie until Jan. 2008-which stinks, but nothing I can do about it. I guess the only real planning you can do is to have an idea of where you want to stay, how many days and maybe where to eat.

If you know 100% for sure that is when you're going keep an eye on ticket prices. I bet they'll go up again before you go so watch them and buy them before they go up. They're good until you activate it for the first time. That's what I did this last time they went up. I have 3-9 day hoppers upstairs waiting to be used. Plus, the added bonus is that you'll have them and it'll be one less thing to pay for when it comes time. And they'll be paid off before you even use them. Just don't forget to use you Disney Visa card to get those points!!

See you in 2008!
    Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Good idea on the tickets! We are definitely going the first week of December 08, that much we know. I just can't believe I have to wait almost a whole year before I can officially start planning. What do I do in the meantime????

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good Luck with your planning!

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club