Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Advice on when to go... in the Vacation Planning forums; Arr mateys... I be needing some advice from ye! Alright enough with the pirate talk, down to business. My wife and myself were talking to some close friends the other ...
    Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder

Advice on when to go...

Arr mateys... I be needing some advice from ye! Alright enough with the pirate talk, down to business. My wife and myself were talking to some close friends the other day about Disney World and how much we'd love to be there right now, and who wouldn't? Anyway long story short ourselves and another couple figured we should head down to WDW sometime this year, but we can't really decide on when. Basically we narrowed it down to September or October, any suggestions on when in that time period we should go and why?

Also we're trying to decide on where to stay (both couples will be in one room to cut costs) and are trying to decide between any and all value and moderate resorts. My wife has stayed in Pop Century and All Star Movies before, the other couple have only stayed in All Star Sports, and over my long history with WDW I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Movies, Pop Century, and the Polynesian. We're trying to find somewhere that will have nice size rooms so the 4 of us won't be 100% on top of each other, and that most of us haven't stayed though we're open to re-staying in any of the resorts we've been too it's nice to have a change.

So there you have it boys and girls... help shape our Disney memories for us, lol

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Two couples in a value resort room? Could get cramped but if you are looking to save money that is the way to go. When you think about it, you're only in there to sleep and shower.

First week of September worked out great for us a few years ago, crowds were light. It was still very hot and we did get a few days of rain but we didn't care.

Not sure when Mickey's Not So Scary begins but that might be something you would want to check out if you go in October.

Have fun! Might see you there depending when you end up going.

The 14th of Sept is teh first day for Mickey's Not So Scary... dates are as follows:

Sept: 14, 21, 28
    Oct: 1,4,5,9,11,12,15,16,18,22,23,25,26,29,30,31

My B-Day is Oct 23 so I was hoping to convince them to be there for thatw eek, always wanted to celebrate it there since I was a child but never could then because of school.

P.S. Was just thinking about you Tinker Bell we used to PM back about a year ago lol just read through them recently.

I am magical, think of me and I appear....I wasn't sure if that was you. Are you a fellow Canadian?

Looked this up for you on Allears, looks like September and October are safe, other than Columbus day weekend (whenever that is):

The Lowest Attendance --
    • The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
    • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I am magical, think of me and I appear....I wasn't sure if that was you. Are you a fellow Canadian?

Looked this up for you on Allears, looks like September and October are safe, other than Columbus day weekend (whenever that is):

The Lowest Attendance --

• The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving
    • The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December
    Thanks alot, and yeah fellow Canadian and former Canada pavilion CM remember? Anyway feel free to PM me again whenever you like.

P.S. Found out - October 8th is Columbus Day!

I was there the week after columbus Day and the crowd levels were really low. We had no problems what so ever. Plus, it was Food and Wine Festival. MNSSHP was awesome too. BUT it was also HOT!! Which happened to be very rare for the week we were there.

I would say that you are defintely going to be cramped in a value resort. Pay the extra and stay at a moderate. You'll be thankful for the extra room by day 2. Plus ask yourself this, can you live with these people for a week and not get on each others nerves?? It may sound like a good idea but if it were me I would opt for seperate rooms. You can always get ajoining rooms.

JMO
    Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Back in 2005, we were there late October and actually did MNSSHP on the 30th. Crowds were generally low (hurricane season can throw you for a loop). Weather was great, it only rained on us one time and it lasted for about 5 minutes. Other than that, I can't offer any advice on time of year.

If you are going for a Value resort, I would stick with Pop Century just for the buses. To my knowledge, the All Star resorts are still sharing buses but I have heard that All Star Music will soon have their own (if they don't already).

I can't wait to go back for another Halloween trip!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    can you live with these people for a week and not get on each others nerves??
    He was my room mate in university and I've known him since I was 15, she's my wife's best friend I think we're safe . Anyway we've decided on the week of my birthday so Oct. 22-29. Now, we're getting the WDW Dining plan and would like to use our table service meals to the best advantage we can, what are some good restaurants to plan for? I already plan on making my Chef Mickey reservation I love that place, but any other restaurant / character dining anyone can't do without when they go? And why?
    Last edited by Jedi_Galvatron; 01-15-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Depends what kind of food you like, do you like to try cuisine from other countries? I really enjoyed Marrakesh and Nine Dragons on my last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Depends what kind of food you like, do you like to try cuisine from other countries? I really enjoyed Marrakesh and Nine Dragons on my last visit.
    Hmm... I will be there during the Food and Wine festival... so yes, I believe I'll check out these places and the rest of Epcot too.

I'm looking into 1900 Park Fare as well, as a Princess themed alternative to the Royal Table, any thoughts?