Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pop Century 80's in the Vacation Planning forums; I've stayed at the POP before in the 50's side over looking the bowling pin pool but have always wanted to stay in the 80's section (era I was born ...
    Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder

Pop Century 80's

I've stayed at the POP before in the 50's side over looking the bowling pin pool but have always wanted to stay in the 80's section (era I was born in) and have heard it's usually the most crowded/loudest area of the resort and thats why I never have. That said, this year I'll be going in October and as such the crowds should *knock on wood* be decreased from the dreaded summer months so I'm thinking I might be ok noise wise.

I really enjoyed my stay at the POP in the 50's section even though it was peak season it wasn't super loud or overly crowded. In retrospect I even enjoyed the Fantasia section, poolside, at All-Star Movies in the middle of August and didn't find it too noisy so how do you think I'll fair this October in the 80's at the POP? Anyone have any personal experiences?

nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    You are in luck! I have only been to the Pop Century once, and it was awesome when we went. We did stay in the 80's section. It was quiet late in the night (11:00 and later). Other night times, it was moderately loud (you know, normal for a pool area).

Note however that when we woke up at seven in the morning, people were already up and out, walking around the 80's section. And there were quite a good amount of people.

I was personally not bothered by any noise (nor did I hear much). I'm sure it cannot be that different from other "eras" of the property.

Hope this helps.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I stayed in the 80s and the 50s. I personally like the 50s. It seemed to take forever to walk to the food court and the bus stop from the 80s.
    Last edited by InStitches; 01-26-2007 at 10:03 PM.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I stayed over by Lady (50's I guess) the first time and that was October 2005, then in December 2006 we stayed in the 80's. Hated the 80's. It was too far from the main building and we didn't care for that. I didn't think it would make that big of a difference to me but it did. The noise levels really weren't any different to me as it was moderately busy both times.

Skip the 80's and stick with the 50's if you can.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is true, there was a bit of a distance issue...

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have only stayed in the 90's. I enjoyed it but it was a long walk back to the food court and to the bus stop. I would stay closer to the main building if you can. It sure makes it a tad easier on the feet.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!