Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss AAA Discount on tickets etc in the Vacation Planning forums; What's it like? Is it worth it for me to spend the $50 on the membership fee? TIA!...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

AAA Discount on tickets etc

What's it like? Is it worth it for me to spend the $50 on the membership fee? TIA!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I have AAA for auto services and anything past that is a bonus. I don't know if it's worth it just to buy tickets. You would first have to know what kind of pass your interested in because AAA doesn't discount all MYW tickets, they only have certain ones, you would have to check and see if they are the ones you want. As far as rooms go, this is what they offer:

This info is from the Mousesavers website:

AAA and CAA Resort Hotel Discounts

"American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.
    In general, the discounts run as follows:
    • During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
    • During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
    • During Peak Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.
    • The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) and Summer Season at the Value and Moderate resorts.
    AAA only has a certain # of rooms they discount, so in other words just because you get a room doesn't necessarily mean you will get the discount. You have to reserve you room well in advance, especially in the busy season.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I was also wondering about this. I am currently budgeting a trip to WDW! I have created a budget for a trip using the AAA room discount but I was curious about the discount on the park tickets myself. Anyone know the discount on those? Does anyone know if the AAA discount can be applied to the much advertised $1600 package?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I got $12 off my Annual pass. doean't sound like much, but is $7 more off than DVC members get. I know they do have specials deals all the time (though Jan. was Disney month with extra specials.) Also, you don't have to be a member to use their travel planning services, but I'm not sure what the cost/discounts are yet.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I was also wondering about this. I am currently budgeting a trip to WDW! I have created a budget for a trip using the AAA room discount but I was curious about the discount on the park tickets myself. Anyone know the discount on those? Does anyone know if the AAA discount can be applied to the much advertised $1600 package?
    That $1,600 package isn't a special sale or promotion, it's the regular price of I guess a standard Value room (I guess during value season) and base park tickets for I don't know how many days.

If you book through Disney or anyone other than AAA, you can only get the AAA discount on the room (called a room-only reservation), and you have to buy tickets separately. If you want the AAA discount on an entire package, you MUST book that package thru AAA itself as the travel agent.

As someone already said, there's a limited number of AAA-discounted rooms at each resort, and once they sell out they are gone -- AAA members are never guaranteed a discount on rooms.
    -- Eric