Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Pop Warner and Cheerleaders in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! We will be returning to WDW for the first week of December 2007. >Is this the time for the Pop Warner and cheerleader festivities? >If so, how does ...
    DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Pop Warner and Cheerleaders

Hi everyone! We will be returning to WDW for the first week of December 2007.
    >Is this the time for the Pop Warner and cheerleader festivities?
    >If so, how does this affect the amount of people in the parks?
    >Is there certain days/nights that the participants and the families etc impact the parks more?
    >Is this a weekend event? or is an entire week dedicated?
    Looking to find out so that we can plan our vacation accordingly!
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i just went to disney in jan and it was a huge cheerleading comp. and it was packed!!! If they werent there the crowds would not have been so bad. Not to sound rude but having a bunch of immature teenagers acting up around the parks upsets me!!! I was so aggravated!!! GRRRR
    shannon

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Pop Warner coincided with MouseFest this year (MF land was December 7-11, Pop Warner was December 3-9). It made it difficult to get a hotel room at the resorts, and closed MGM Studios early on Friday evening for their party.

The parks were definitely busy, but how much of that was cheerleaders & football players I can't say. Most of my time was spent running from MF meet to meet. Saw some groups, but not so many to feel the park was being overrun with them. They do spend a lot of their time at Wide World of Sports.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

i could tell they were the cheerleaders because they all wore backpacks with the school name on it or the tshirts and you could tell because they went in packs. All i remember was going to eat at 11:30 at the Electric Umbrella and all of a sudden a herd of them came in to eat. There was not one table available. The thing is Jan is a slow month but not when they have stuff like that going on
    shannon

I was there Dec. 4-8th. I tend to have issues with cheerleaders but I can honestly say that they really didn't bother me too much this trip. Maybe it was because we were at SSR and not a value resort. I saw them here and there but they weren't too annoying. But I have read on other boards that they were very annoying on the buses back to the resorts.
    I didn't notice much difference in the crowd levels either. Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time. I would say that if you want to stay clean of them most of the time pick places to eat that are sit-down. Maybe do counter service during the day when they are at WOS.

I think I was more annoyed at the football players running around playing catch outside Nemo.

Hope this helps!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

also i forgot to mention..one of the things that really annoyed me was that we stayed at Caribbean beach and the room next to us was cheerleaders....we had reservations at Chef Mickeys the next morning at 7am and they were up till 3am being loud. Finally i banged on the wall and they hushed down a bit but that was the first time in disney i experienced noise like that at a hotel.
    shannon

mrmouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    We went 12-2 through 12-10 of 2006, during the Pop Warner and Cheerleading competitions. Historically, the first week in December is supposed to be very slow. Don't beleive it. We found the parks to be more packed than when we go during October. And yes, the cheerleaders are very annoying, just like you remember from high school. We encountered a few groups who bursted into cheers during lines when you can't escape. We also went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that Thursday, and the Magic Kingdom felt more packed than it is during the day. I would recommend getting to the parks early. That way you can get in a lot of rides before the cheerleaders get to the parks.
    Disneyland in October '07?

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmouse View Post
    We went 12-2 through 12-10 of 2006, during the Pop Warner and Cheerleading competitions. Historically, the first week in December is supposed to be very slow. Don't beleive it. We found the parks to be more packed than when we go during October. And yes, the cheerleaders are very annoying, just like you remember from high school. We encountered a few groups who bursted into cheers during lines when you can't escape. We also went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that Thursday, and the Magic Kingdom felt more packed than it is during the day. I would recommend getting to the parks early. That way you can get in a lot of rides before the cheerleaders get to the parks.
    this is extremely distressing. (see ticker below. I'll be there 12/1 through 12/9 and was really looking forward to a near-empty park)

If we can dream it, we can do it

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i find packs of teenage kids more annoying than a room of 2 year olds..LOL

i'm so glad this topic was brung up because i was thinking of going the end of thanksgiving the beginning of dec next year.. nope not now
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    this is extremely distressing. (see ticker below. I'll be there 12/1 through 12/9 and was really looking forward to a near-empty park)
    Don't be distressed, I was there last year November 30th-Dec 4th. We rarely waited for anything, didn't even have to use fast passes. The crowds were very light, the only busy part were the buses.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    Don't be distressed, I was there last year November 30th-Dec 4th. We rarely waited for anything, didn't even have to use fast passes. The crowds were very light, the only busy part were the buses.

I hope this is true! I'll just roll with my optimistic side and assume it is, haha.

If we can dream it, we can do it