Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Have you taken an infant to WDW? in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyone taken an infant to WDW? How old were they? When did you go? How did things go? I'm trying to get some info for an upcoming family trip....
    KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder

Have you taken an infant to WDW?

Anyone taken an infant to WDW? How old were they? When did you go? How did things go?

I'm trying to get some info for an upcoming family trip.

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

We took our youngest when he was 8 months in June 2005 for his first trip. It was great for us!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I know Pat (disneydame2004) has gone with her little one. She wrote about her experience here.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=123

vanMickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    We took our 2 yr old in January 07 and had a great time. We originally planned to hit the parks 9-11, take a break, lunch, nap and go back 3-5, but it never worked out. We ended up pushing the morning session and never made it back to the park. She did great for the first 5 days. I think she was ready to come home by day 7. She handled the characters better than expected too. Luckily we did not have to wait to see them due to lower crowd levels. She literally walked right up to them.

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i took my god daughter when she was 10 mos and it was great. We never went back to the room for her to take naps..she napped and we just took her on the rides sleeping!! I cant wait to take my own...i keep saying i will take my as early as 5mos...that is how old i was my first time
    shannon

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    We went w/ my 7 month niece and had a great time didn't get to do everything my 9 yr old want to but has long has you are frexible you'll have a great time.
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Stitch thank you for that link. It is very helpful!

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We took our youngest for a short weekend trip when he was only a month old and that was pretty tough. We had a good time, but our 4 year old didn't understand why we weren't being theme park commando's. We went back again when he was 4 months old and had a great time. But the secret was to take a grandparent with us!

We got to ride all of the rides we wanted by switching out, and we also got more parent swap passes than we knew what to do with. Plus with the extra adult ot two along, nap times weren't interrupted.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by KittieKathChick View Post
    Anyone taken an infant to WDW? How old were they? When did you go? How did things go?

I'm trying to get some info for an upcoming family trip.
    http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/infant.htm this is a great site for suggestions on how to ensure you have a great time with an infant in tow.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    we took my daughter when she was like 11 months and it was JULY!! that was my only problem it was so hot.. we had to go back to the room alot because of the weather.. so when we go again it will be spring or fall no more summer trips until she is alot older!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    We just got back from our first trip with our baby. He is 10 and a half months old and had a blast. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to understand that you can't schedule ANYTHING. They get to decide what, when, where, how and for how long. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    oh and the fireworks at night... forget!!!

she was scared to death and their we were next to belles garden on the bridge and had no where to go... she hated it!!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

jpjobes is offline A-Ticket holder
    My son Nicky was 14 months old when we went in December with my wife, her parents, and my 9 & 12 y.o. stepkids. We didn't have any serious problems.
    Getting the stroller on and off the bus was tough at times, but renting a stroller in the park allieviates that.
    Sit-down restaurants were out with an active toddler, so we went with mostly counter service and snack carts.
    But I agree with the post above, the secret is to take grandparents! They're great for babysitting toddlers . . . or cranky tweens!

Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder
    We took our 15 month old and 2 year old back in December and it was great. We never went back to our rooms for naps, they just napped in their strollers and it didn't affect their moods at all. Neither one was afraid of the fireworks, my 2 year old LOVED the characters and my 15 month old was fine with them as long as they didn't get too close, we even saw La Nouba with them and they were just as into it as the grown ups were. I have so say I'm spoiled though, my kids are great. The biggest "pain" was taking everything out of the our huge double stroller, closing it up, then lugging it, the kids, and our bags onto the busses. Loved those ferry and monorail rides

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I met some friends who took their 6 month old around Epcot. He actually loved it. He went on the Universe of Energy and LOVED it because he loves TVs so he jsut stared the entire time. He also went on Imagination, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and I think that's it? He did have a great time though, so I was amused.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives